Diary of a swing spread better

hungvir said:
Hi Chorlton,

I am not too bad. How have you been doing?! Haven't heard from you for ages.

I've learnt to be scared and now I only trade when I see irresistable set-ups.

And let the German be beaten in the final. Hopefully by England :)

Hung,

Been really busy with personal things so haven't had much time to trade. Still keeping an eye on things though and occasionally trading the odd set-up ;)

It only managed to climed to 11206 and immediately dropped from there. I feel sorry for those traders who have to trade.

Slapshot said:
Off topic I know but does anyone know why it kicked off after the match?

Slaps,

Don't underestimate the Americans' ability to appreciate soccer :) May be that's why. It looks like I am seeing a hanging man now.

Chorlton said:
Hung,

Been really busy with personal things so haven't had much time to trade. Still keeping an eye on things though and occasionally trading the odd set-up ;)

Hope all is well.

And thanks again for the book! Have to admit I haven't got time to read it :(

Talk to you soon,

H

hungvir said:
Slaps,

Don't underestimate the Americans' ability to appreciate soccer :) May be that's why. It looks like I am seeing a hanging man now.

lol, cheers Hung, I was however referring to the arg-germany game.

I'm not trading this evening, the amber nectar is distorting things somewhat, oh, hang on, it's all becoming clear now :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

hungvir said:
Hope all is well.

And thanks again for the book! Have to admit I haven't got time to read it :(

Talk to you soon,

H
hungvir thought you would be playing the range with your 1 spread.? i would but my spread was put up from 2 to 4.

dcarrigan said:
hungvir thought you would be playing the range with your 1 spread.? i would but my spread was put up from 2 to 4.

I just don't bother. Don't want to spoil my Friday evening at work :)

It's out of the range now though. But into a new one :)

Later,

Hung

Must be busy in the Hamptons this afternoon, cos there's nobody left on Wall St.
Nil points today, down for the week. Gonna watch the game now wi a glass o wine.
Bit of action now, but nothing to tempt me from the Demorsfontein I have ready to open.
Have a good weekend.
Chris

Slapshot said:
lol, cheers Hung, I was however referring to the arg-germany game.

I'm not trading this evening, the amber nectar is distorting things somewhat, oh, hang on, it's all becoming clear now :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Oh... my mind had immediately switched to the market :)

The bulls seem to have won the penalty shoot-out now.

While I watched it, I also learnt that I'd better wait for a pull back to trade range break-out. It's like what Frugi said the other day. Decide your stop loss and patiently wait for the price to get there. And if it goes your way afterwards, in you go.

chindl said:
Must be busy in the Hamptons this afternoon, cos there's nobody left on Wall St.
Nil points today, down for the week. Gonna watch the game now wi a glass o wine.
Bit of action now, but nothing to tempt me from the Demorsfontein I have ready to open.
Have a good weekend.
Chris

Enjoy them! Both the wine and the game :)

I can't wait for the day when the long-term picture is more clear and I can come back to swing trade again.

Later,

Hung

Fantastic goal!! 1-0 to the Italians. As it stands it looks like it's a European Championship with the Brazilians as a visiting team.

hungvir said:
While I watched it, I also learnt that I'd better wait for a pull back to trade range break-out. It's like what Frugi said the other day. Decide your stop loss and patiently wait for the price to get there. And if it goes your way afterwards, in you go.

Well, it went up just 10 points and swiftly came back down. I don't think I would have raised my stop.

got stopped out on last nights short pre-open :(

went back in at 11180 impatient trade stop at 11213 (nearly got hit) and looking for a fall over next week to 11100ish.

Have a good week end all

The move up was a fake one. There've been six red candles in a row now. It was very wise to stay out of this messy market.

Elefteros said:
got stopped out on last nights short pre-open :(

went back in at 11180 impatient trade stop at 11213 (nearly got hit) and looking for a fall over next week to 11100ish.

Have a good week end all

If I remember correctly, Jon said he would take the stops off overnight to avoid being stopped out unneccesarily. I find it something hard to do though.

Enjoy the sunshine over the weekend!

Cheers,

Hung

We're into the eight red candle now. It may not stop there. The 100 EMA will be breached with one more red candle. 11065 seems to be providing support for now. And we're having another hammer?!

Is there anything interesting out there?!. Both the game and the market are equally boring.

It stopped right on the 100 EMA. The volume for the last candle was at least four times the ones during the range. And now another half of boring football begins.

I've run out of 'moaning quota' and I hope it can only get better. I don't mind seeing another penalty shoot-out but the Ukranians don't look to be able to keep the ball not to say to score.

If 68% is required to draw a football game then Italy will give only 69%, as they get their second goal. They have undoubtedly the best squad out there in my opinion, best defender in Cannavarro, best keeper in Buffon, one of the best midfielders in Pirlo and a forward that outshot Shevchenko in the Scudetto this season in Luca Toni. If they turned it up they could win this tournament. Not to mention Totti, Zambrotta, Nesta, Inzaghi. All qualified at Champions League level with medals to show for it. Remember '82? Well Italy may well repeat the feat. Who do they have next round? The Germans. Will 70% be enough?? I had a Brazil Italy final at the outset, I still feel the same.

Oh, I took a quick six on that lat downward move, Up for theday now!!!!! Not for the week though, some 40 odd down, but who cares, the Diemers Pinotage is still fruity as feck and sure as hell tastes sweet.
Enjoy the weekend folks, Off go the Italians into the Semis