Diary of a swing spread better

chindl said:
Have you tried V T for Forex Slaps, great platform.

http://vtsystems.com/en/

That link I PM'd you yesterday, although will not have worked for what it was intended, it is a superb resource for forex if you have not been there already. They have some superb strategies for MT4 and CMC charting, and they work. As usual though, I am not able to trade MT4 at work so it's a no go so I need a simple strategy on Forex, and to date, I have not found one that has worked. I tried this for a while as I can use it on Oanda charts and on Netdania charts, but it is not successful for me at the moment.

http://tradecurrency.ca/strategies.htm

I'm not sure my discipline is the best when Paper Trading, I don't react the same way and allow things to get out of hand looking for the Hollywood Pass, to put into football parlance.

As for the football, we should have beaten them in the Stadio de la Luz two years ago, I'm hoping revenge will be sweet. Tabloid Wayne does not like the Portuguese, however. Broke his foot against them last time round two years ago, and this season broke it again in a tackle with Chelskis Portuguese left back. I still say that Lampard and Gerrard are not able to play in the same team, it takes too much away from England's second best footballer. If Gerrard was free to roam and run at teams rather than sitting back worrying were Lampard is then we'd be potentially unbeatable due to the worry he would cause to good midfielders in the other team. We need an Alonso to allow him to do that. Is Hargreaves the answer, possibly, or Carrick, but Carrick may not provide the security Gerrard needs. Either way, I would leave Lampard on the sidelines. Controversial maybe, but they do not play well together when in the same team.

Have a good day. Leaving at 3-30 for obvious reasons today, afternoon session only for me.

Chris

Cheers Chris,

Yes I've got VT Trader, in fact I was using it before Metatrader and still do. I'm still working on various strats for Forex, some require constant screen watching, which is a bit tricky at work at times, others are longer term, days like yesterday tend to throw major spanners in the works though. Still, better to test ideas in a safe environment than with your hard earned.

Cheers

Prior to my firm revoking access to my charts through the bookies I was messing around with a strategy that worked the 1hr, 30min and 15min timeframes on a 40:120 Bollinger, a 3-10-16 MACD and 24 EMA. It needed confirmation on the three timeframes, a break of the hrly bollinger, a pull back on the 15 min chart to a 24 EMA and crossover of the MACD Osc line on 30 mins. It was quite promising but by no means fully tested. Also, given the time frames, did not require screen watching you could set targets and limits on S&R or a pullback to the EMA (This is the vague bit, the exits had not been worked out properly, I was toying with a 22 EMA break or a pullback candle breaking and closing on the other side of the 120 Bollinger line in the middle, or, a cross back over on the MACD. It was working very well on Crude and Metals. Unfortunately, this is no longer possible since I lost access to the charts. Need to try and see whether it will work on FX via Netdania or Oanda charts... No time to do that at the moment, something will have to give if I try more strategies and I quite like my learning curve on the daily Dow thus far, and it's giving me returns which is a bonus...
Chris

Forex is stil something foreign to me I am afraid. Will check it out at a later date because I can't do multi-tasking. Thanks for keeping me in the loop!

Anyone fancies a meal with Warrent Buffet?! Too late for this year but you can try next time:) http://money.cnn.com/2006/06/29/news/newsmakers/buffett_lunch/index.htm .

It's a bit pricey though. Will have to sell my house first :)

Have a good day, trading or otherwise!

Cheers,

Hung

Would like to see your house there Hung if that's all you'd need to sell for the meal!!!!!

What we gonna do Monday and Tuesday chaps? Gonna be incredibly lonely without the Dow for company!!!!!

Nice move forming just now on my plan, BUT, duty calls. Off to watch the quarter final now, should be great. Wouldn't it be good if they could BOTH lose on PENALTIES????

chindl said:
What we gonna do Monday and Tuesday chaps? Gonna be incredibly lonely without the Dow for company!!!!!

It certainly will. Chance to take a closer a look at the FX stuff I think.

Slapshot said:
It certainly will. Chance to take a closer a look at the FX stuff I think.

With the US markets closed though, it's going to be pretty quiet on the FX as well. Not a particularly good time to take an initial look at it really. :rolleyes:

chindl said:
Would like to see your house there Hung if that's all you'd need to sell for the meal!!!!!

Unfortunately that's not all I have to sell :) May be I'll selll the one next door as well :)

By the way, we have a really big cherry tree in the garden and I'll post a pix over the weekend :) If you come pass rural Dartford, you're more than welcome to drop by and pick some wild cherries.

Later,

Hung

chindl said:
Nice move forming just now on my plan, BUT, duty calls. Off to watch the quarter final now, should be great. Wouldn't it be good if they could BOTH lose on PENALTIES????

The game was not as great as I thought it would be. They're playing extra time now and I turn to watch the DOW instead. Both goals were superb though.

We just had two tiny candles on the hour charts. Understandable given yesterday's massive rise.

There've been five dojis ont the 30 min chart which still looks bullish. Volume is nothing to talk about though. RSI is a bit overbought so I won't go long. And I am not going to short it until 11040 is breached.

And there's not much difference betweent the 30, 15, 10 and 5 min charts. They all look like a straight line to me. Haven't seen BB that narrow before on the 5 min chart before. Now I wonder if I would be better off trading the 5 minute chart. There's oviously less noise there than in the one minute one.

And I only need 11160 to be breached to go short. 11140 would be the next support level.

It looks like all the traders at NYSE are watching the game as well. I am going to watch the penalties now.

There was a bit of a mellee there at the end. But the German won. They put the ball in the net four times in a row in the shoot-out. Amazing.

Little miss DOW is still having a stroll in the park.

hungvir said:
It looks like all the traders at NYSE are watching the game as well. I am going to watch the penalties now.

Hello Hung,

Hope you're well :cheesy:

The 5min chart is just as bad!!! And Germany won!!! mmm.... Not looking to Monday now!! :rolleyes:

JillyB said:
With the US markets closed though, it's going to be pretty quiet on the FX as well. Not a particularly good time to take an initial look at it really. :rolleyes:

Hi Jilly,

After the last couple of days a bit of piece and quiet will be nice :LOL:

I probably should have mentioned that I'll be back testing a couple of things I've been developing rather than actually hitting the live action.

Whilst on the subject, are you still following the Darvas box method? That looked like it had real promise?

15 min chart for the last two days : just shy of 400 points!! :eek:

Attachments

• Cable.JPG
    Cable.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Let's think about England and Germany in the final and the score will be 5-0 yet again :) And I hope France will beat Brazil on Saturday as well.

I don't think the risk reward ratio will be in my favour today so I'll be a voyeur only. The DOW is at 11200ish now and the next resistance level is 11225ish. And if it goes down, support can be found at 11160 and then 11140.

Chorlton said:
Hello Hung,

Hope you're well :cheesy:

The 5min chart is just as bad!!! And Germany won!!! mmm.... Not looking to Monday now!! :rolleyes:

Hi Chorlton,

I am not too bad. How have you been doing?! Haven't heard from you for ages.

I've learnt to be scared and now I only trade when I see irresistable set-ups.

And let the German be beaten in the final. Hopefully by England :)