Diary of a swing spread better

Well done, Chris! Your exit in the second trade was perfect but entry was not. The best shorting opportunity was already over when you decided to short so 10 points was not bad at all.

Try Marc Rivalland's book if you havent' as I find it works very well when I daytrade. Well, as long as you follow the method to the letter :)

Best,

Hung

Slapshot said:
Nice going Chris, I didn't trade today as I wanted to watch someone crying as they exited the world cup.

Some of the Portugese players still used dirty tricks as usual. Ronaldo acted twice in France's box in both halves. Come on, be a gentleman for a minute!

Good trading Slaps!

H

Cheers guys. Hung, I did enter at the right point in the first trade, I was just not confident so I took it out for B/E, then when it confirmed later I decided to take the second step down for the quick ten. I just did not feel confident yesterday, I think it was the fact I missed the morning session due to the charts having the half day gap on ADVFN.
Football - Ironic that they should lose to a dive!!!!!!! They reminded me of the Argentines in '90. Good side but decided to use dirty tricks to try and win. Usually, I support the team that knocks us out, but not this time, not on your nelly. Makes you think what if though, what if we had a good manager, what if we had taken Jermaine Defoe at the tournament, what if we had played our customary 4-4-2. we really could have won this. Looking at the team though, the majority will still be there at the Euros and the next WC in South Africa, which I hope not to be daytrading during, as I hope to be there!!!!!
Have a good day folks.

Yeah, it's an exciting six years ahead isn't it. The European cup, WC in S Africa and the Olympics here in 2012. May be I should plan for a duty trip to cover the WC in S Africa as well. Due to poor planning, we did send someone to Germany this time but only had ticket for one single match. A big joke.

And I hope to be much wiser in three years' time and a bit richer in six :)

Have a good day!

Hung

hungvir said:
......................Try Marc Rivalland's book if you havent' as I find it works very well when I daytrade. Well, as long as you follow the method to the letter :).........................

Hung

hung

mmm, have a look at your past trades and see if the direction (open to close) of the swing low (high) bar is significant ;)

good trading

jon

By the way, I've decided to stick to this thread instead of starting a new one as searching tens of threads for something seems daunting. Thanks for your advice!

Made 13 points from this down swing earlier this afternoon. I was trading and feeding the kids at the same time so could not post it earlier.

A good start for the month.

Attachments

• dow 2.jpg
    dow 2.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 112
It looks like we'll see another down swing of the day.

Attachments

• dow 3 short chance.jpg
    dow 3 short chance.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 118
The picture on the 15 and 30 min chart is a bit unclear but the momentum has changed to down on the 5 and 10 min ones.

Went short again. Stop loss is tight enough. Intended to trade half stake only but hit the sell button before realising I was still trading full stake.

Attachments

• dow 4 short.jpg
    dow 4 short.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 126
Closed the trade for two points as it was hesitating when coming down and is now starting to move up after just four red bars. Not a convincing down move.

Attachments

• dow 5.jpg
    dow 5.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 114
And a third short trade was openned :( It looks like we're seeing a very narrow range here though.

Attachments

• dow 6.jpg
    dow 6.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 151
Closed my short trade and narrowed today's winnings to just eight points. The last short trade was a bit silly.

Attachments

• dow 8.jpg
    dow 8.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 122
That's it for me today unless I see a dream opportunity. I don't want my first trading day of the month to be a losing one.

Good trading everyone,

Hung

It's still making lower highs and lower lows but you have to be Master of Patience to stay in the game. I am not even Bachelor of Patience :)

Attachments

• dow 9.jpg
    dow 9.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 138
To be honest, I am :( The market moved quite a bit for me during my first two shorts but the spread obviously ate into my profit. I thought of using WS's one point spread but for some reason I don't feel comfortable with their price. This may be a phobia. I just can't explain it.

Hope you're doing well, Jon. I still don't have a clue about the longer term direction of the market having studied the chart. But it may not have the confidence to go back to where we were not that long ago.

Good trading,

Hung

hungvir said:
Hope you're doing well, Jon. I still don't have a clue about the longer term direction of the market having studied the chart. But it may not have the confidence to go back to where we were not that long ago.

Good trading,

Hung

your guess is as good as mine, hung :confused:

A goodly number of my ftse runners have moved back into uptrend (as has ftse100 itself) which leaves me favouring longs for the moment., but I'm still trading small whilst the volatility persists.

You'll have to end that love affair with the dow - she's a tempestuous beast and a cruel mistress :cheesy:

good trading

jon