Diary of a swing spread better

i'm glad slap also believes there will be a pullback 2mmorow, i was starting to feel lonely on the short side. :rolleyes: :LOL:

hungvir said:
Wow!!!

I know another way to lose money more quicly then :)

LOL!

I've got a demo account with Metatrader, which incidentaly is a great little package for Forex. Trust me it feels a lot better losing money on a Demo account. For what it's worth I was short at the time :rolleyes:

The little system I'm working on for Cable has produced +69 pips over the last two days, prior to the fireworks at 7.15, something for the future maybe

chindl said:
Good chart again Slaps.
As for the pullback, it still closed on the highs, even if by only grinding there. That must be a positive?

Quite possibly Chris, it was just the distinct lack of strength getting there that make me think otherwise.

OR it cold be that the majority on Wall St were happy with their returns and knocked off early :D

Whilst on the subject, while I was on Honeymoon last year we spent 3 days in New York, I remember standing on Wall St around the time of the close and the looks on the faces of those heading out the NYSE was something to behold, it was so easy to see who had made money and who hadn't :cool:

Elefteros said:
i'm glad slap also believes there will be a pullback 2mmorow, i was starting to feel lonely on the short side. :rolleyes: :LOL:

Forget the noise and ignore the crowd should we say :)

Elefteros said:

We'll see what happens tomorrow El, congrats on a good return today :D

hungvir said:
Well done! Go and buy one more St. George's Cross Flag for the game on Saturday will you :)

I'll wait till sunday when the prices will probably be slashed :cheesy:

Slapshot said:
Quite possibly Chris, it was just the distinct lack of strength getting there that make me think otherwise.

OR it cold be that the majority on Wall St were happy with their returns and knocked off early :D

Whilst on the subject, while I was on Honeymoon last year we spent 3 days in New York, I remember standing on Wall St around the time of the close and the looks on the faces of those heading out the NYSE was something to behold, it was so easy to see who had made money and who hadn't :cool:

lol

i'm sure if we take mugshots of ourselvs and post them at the close it will be the same :cheesy: :cry: :cheesy:

Slapshot said:
LOL!

I've got a demo account with Metatrader, which incidentaly is a great little package for Forex. Trust me it feels a lot better losing money on a Demo account. For what it's worth I was short at the time :rolleyes:

The little system I'm working on for Cable has produced +69 pips over the last two days, prior to the fireworks at 7.15, something for the future maybe

I was very much against paper trading but after a few months of spread betting, I don't mind having several real accounts plus one 'fake' one :)

By the way, I bet that those losers you saw at Wall street could not have not known that you were there on honeymoon. Or could they :)

Have a long and happy marriage my friend!

I just read a tip the other day about keeping happy relationship. And it was simply 'If you're wrong, admit it and if you're right just shut up' :) Seems a bit too late for me to apply :)

Cheers,

Hung

Elefteros said:
I'll wait till sunday when the prices will probably be slashed :cheesy:

LOL.

Then go and bet on Portugal to win then :)

I believe that we'll win. Though not easily as always.

hungvir said:
LOL.

Then go and bet on Portugal to win then :)

I believe that we'll win. Though not easily as always.

if we do an 'Henry' in the dying mins and beckem throws up again we might just win

ouch my face.... i mean my chest :cheesy:

by the way u think he spewed cause he was disgusted that his pass was so poor it ended up in the net or cause of the fear of messing it up when going for the net got to him??

Just something for the record.

Blue chips: Best day in 3 years
Stocks soar after the Fed boosts rates, and signal what some investors see as a possible pause.
By Jessica Seid, CNNMoney.com staff writer
June 29 2006: 5:07 PM EDT

http://money.cnn.com/2006/06/29/markets/markets_newyork/index.htm

It's Germany vs Argentina tomorrow at 1600. I hope they'll finish it in 90 min for me to trade. I won't bother watching Italy playing Ukraine. Little miss DOW will entertain me better.

Have a very good night everyone!

Hung

hungvir said:
I was very much against paper trading but after a few months of spread betting, I don't mind having several real accounts plus one 'fake' one :)

By the way, I bet that those losers you saw at Wall street could not have not known that you were there on honeymoon. Or could they :)

Have a long and happy marriage my friend!

I just read a tip the other day about keeping happy relationship. And it was simply 'If you're wrong, admit it and if you're right just shut up' :) Seems a bit too late for me to apply :)

Cheers,

Hung

Thankyou very much Hung, very kind of you.

My father-in-law used that tip in his speech, it still makes me laugh to this day.

I'm not sure if they could tell, I guess we did look a bit out of place stood outside the NYSE. The security down there is pretty heavy also.

Well it's certainly been an entertaining day on the markets and of course on this thread. I'll be off now before the wife reminds me I'm married to her and not the computer :LOL:

Have a good night all.

Same time same place tomorrow for more fun and games.

Last edited:
Elefteros said:
if we do an 'Henry' in the dying mins and beckem throws up again we might just win

ouch my face.... i mean my chest :cheesy:

by the way u think he spewed cause he was disgusted that his pass was so poor it ended up in the net or cause of the fear of messing it up when going for the net got to him??

LOL :LOL:

Yeah, I am not sure if he intended to score though. But his passing is amazing. Rooney has improved match by match and he'll just shine in the next one. And there's Crouch. If Erickson does not decide to put emphasis on defending (not really our strength) but on attacking plus good substitution, a win is within reach.

Best,

Hung

Slapshot said:
My father-in-law used that tip in his speech, it still makes me laugh to this day.

I wished my dad used the tip in his :) Not sure if I would have listened though :)

Have a good night mate!

Talk to you tomorrow,

H

It seems to me that the method of keeping to close stops instead of risking more, in the expectation of a recovery later, works. At least, for me it does.

I have had my account balance pushed above that of ten days ago by yesterday's rise after several losing and mediocre trades. Virtually, the leaving of poor trades on the same day has made me into a day trader, which I am not, really.

Split

Have you tried V T for Forex Slaps, great platform.

http://vtsystems.com/en/

That link I PM'd you yesterday, although will not have worked for what it was intended, it is a superb resource for forex if you have not been there already. They have some superb strategies for MT4 and CMC charting, and they work. As usual though, I am not able to trade MT4 at work so it's a no go so I need a simple strategy on Forex, and to date, I have not found one that has worked. I tried this for a while as I can use it on Oanda charts and on Netdania charts, but it is not successful for me at the moment.

http://tradecurrency.ca/strategies.htm

I'm not sure my discipline is the best when Paper Trading, I don't react the same way and allow things to get out of hand looking for the Hollywood Pass, to put into football parlance.

As for the football, we should have beaten them in the Stadio de la Luz two years ago, I'm hoping revenge will be sweet. Tabloid Wayne does not like the Portuguese, however. Broke his foot against them last time round two years ago, and this season broke it again in a tackle with Chelskis Portuguese left back. I still say that Lampard and Gerrard are not able to play in the same team, it takes too much away from England's second best footballer. If Gerrard was free to roam and run at teams rather than sitting back worrying were Lampard is then we'd be potentially unbeatable due to the worry he would cause to good midfielders in the other team. We need an Alonso to allow him to do that. Is Hargreaves the answer, possibly, or Carrick, but Carrick may not provide the security Gerrard needs. Either way, I would leave Lampard on the sidelines. Controversial maybe, but they do not play well together when in the same team.

Have a good day. Leaving at 3-30 for obvious reasons today, afternoon session only for me.

Chris

Oh, on the markets, as it's the last day of the quarter we may see some maintenance by the managers today to shore up their portfolios.#

This quote seems pertinent after yesterday -

"There is a time to be long, a time to be short, and a time to go fishing."

Name that quote.

Chris

Last edited: