Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

morning all

i'm back in uk late tonight........cant really trade today as a small laptop screen is not enough for me .......I need my larger trading screens up pn front of me as well

anyway here the last 2 days and 1min market for usd ...my anchor currency

bullish waves from Asian session leave me happy to play bull usd positions if offered .........on the 1 min chart I see a 7 pip range at moment awaiting London wakeup.........more than happy to play that bull bounce off the lowere S level if offered soon............I would then sell most bearish currency...........AUD , CAD or Europeans

second choice is to sell usd off the resistance level forming.........but I would need to do more work on my secondary currency choice for that call...........

if usd breaches north now then I would also be tempted to buy it then as well above R level.........

but buying off a retrace into the S level is the 100% solid signal I would prefer...........off a Forexmospherian Time window a well to gold plate it

have a great day
N

out of meeting for 2 mins .............heres the usd plays ..........

usd was a selloff ...then we had a real messy time down at Asian support levels .....(n)....choppy...........then a superb run up since ........(y)

money to be made but that chop would have been a bugger :cool:

N

Attachments

• the moves.JPG
    the moves.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 120
morning all..........again I cant really scalp today as tied up on calls from 8am

so far I see a flat usd index off of Asians (below) .....net bear on London opening but not enough to get excited about so far ......I would be looking for challenges on the S/R levels at extremities of the range shown to get my scalps running .......

re other currencies ........(not shown)

CAD having a bad hair day so far for week..........selling in Asian and early London so far

Yen has had a great London so far ...........U/J the sell on the usd pair picks (not my bag)

Europeans net bull so for me the EU / GU buys are where I would be hunting

cheers
N

Attachments

• 10 pips.JPG
    10 pips.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 120
7.44am usd going a little bull now ...........I will wait for opp to resell it ..........candidates are Europeans for rebuys ...........

ok gotta scoot ...heres those opps coming

N

Attachments

• scalp buys coming on euroepans.JPG
    scalp buys coming on euroepans.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 123
im not scalping today but I would have taken the euro............see ?

Attachments

• boom.JPG
    boom.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 119
in fact both scalps offered fast pips .............even though the red GBP fell with the usd ........but because usd got sold off it doesn't matter (y)

BOOM :cool:

ok gang ......see you later ...........stuff to do :smart:

N

Attachments

• both gave pips.JPG
    both gave pips.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 116
and people say we cant call em live ?......:p(y);).......

cheers gang stuff to do :smart:

N

morning all..........again I cant really scalp today as tied up on calls from 8am

so far I see a flat usd index off of Asians (below) .....net bear on London opening but not enough to get excited about so far ......I would be looking for challenges on the S/R levels at extremities of the range shown to get my scalps running .......

re other currencies ........(not shown)

CAD having a bad hair day so far for week..........selling in Asian and early London so far

Yen has had a great London so far ...........U/J the sell on the usd pair picks (not my bag)

Europeans net bull so for me the EU / GU buys are where I would be hunting

cheers
N

breach selling usd now ....see you all later

N

Attachments

• brech sells usd.JPG
    brech sells usd.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 102
in fact both scalps offered fast pips .............even though the red GBP fell with the usd ........but because usd got sold off it doesn't matter (y)

BOOM :cool:

ok gang ......see you later ...........stuff to do :smart:

N

back 2 mins ...I note a massive resell opp around 8.40 am this morning on USD ...........Europeans were as good as any currencies to trade ....although on normal charts the EU was not obvious as euro has been hammered in recent trading ..........:smart:

N

Attachments

• usd resells.JPG
    usd resells.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 102
Morning N

I have missed that "BOOM" - ;-)

Yes the GU and EU both been bullish early on - but will have to get you on that EA when you have a few hours

Enjoy your week

Regards

F

agreed .........the EA has been a sweet sell.........green USD danced inbetween them.........

N

Attachments

• ea plays.JPG
    ea plays.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 102
ok as I disappear the London session is showing .....so far

BEAR - usd and euro
BULL - GBP and AUD

cheers all.....

N

hey all ....updates

usd has bounced net bull on London session now ........9.30 the turn ....

AUD and GBP still strong ........

Euro is still the sell ..........in fact the real DOG today of the litter for London session (n)

some opps to sell EU from below .......I would have really needed that usd S/R tester on the bull move to justify scalping sells from say 1330's ..........perhaps F was more aggressive than that :sneaky:

N

Attachments

• eu sells.JPG
    eu sells.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 108
hey all ......one quick look in ........

I see the us session is up and running..........USD has been pretty flat today so far ........if anything now we are seeing some bull signals .......but still only 10-15 pips up since opening Asian session..........peanuts

CAD and AUD are having poor us sessions.......

so for me I would be concentrating on those pairs looking to work some AU selling and some Ucad buying

GBP has held its bull status so far in US openings........strong all 3 sessions so far

Euro deff under pressure again now us session ...........awful day so far for our euro cousins

N

Attachments

• eu selling.JPG
    eu selling.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 139
hey all

tied up today again and missing the fun

look at today !...............BOOM !

usd dumps around 7.30 BST and red GBP , Brown CAD and later Blue Euro all get bull on it

superb signals

N

Attachments

• boom.JPG
    boom.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 127
hey all

tied up today again and missing the fun

look at today !...............BOOM !

usd breaches the days low and dumps around 7.30 BST and red GBP , Brown CAD and later Blue Euro all get bull on it

superb signals and muchos pips ! (y)

N

heres the recent action all in GMT

I would have been looking to resell the USD..........looks like the Europeans were decent buys so far ..........

naturally I would also be VERY aware of that usd support level (why did I write it as resistance in chart ????) ........that's the days low as well for usd so far

and its being attacked again NOW

N

Attachments

• sell usd buy europeans.JPG
    sell usd buy europeans.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 99
hey all

got a little trading in before work today ...........nice session so far

USD came bull from 6 am BST...........AUD was already selling and then GBP came bear as well

easy

so far from Asian opening the AUD is the Big bad Bear
USD and Euro are the buys

later
N

Attachments

• weds playbook.JPG
    weds playbook.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 169
usd still bullish into early us session...........been a good day for the Greenback so far (y)

in fact its the strongest of my stable from Asian session..........Europeans have also fared well today so far .....

CAD and AUD have been the dogs so far today ........

but naturally everything can change very rapidly ........

if I were scalping I would be bouncing the usd south off those ceiling levels into obliging bull currencies ........if usd does breach further north then all change :smart:

and the EA crew must be pretty happy .....Euro has bounced north again a little in last hour or so off a bear AUD

later
N

Attachments

• usd bullish.JPG
    usd bullish.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 116
  • ea action.JPG
    ea action.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 101
as I disappear my main focus would be taking usd as/if it retraces north and then hitting the 2 dog currencies ............AUD and CAD

clearly not around the news

N

Attachments

• 2 scalp plays.JPG
    2 scalp plays.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 116
as I disappear my main focus would be taking usd as/if it retraces north and then hitting the 2 dog currencies ............AUD and CAD

clearly not around the news

N

jees ............did I set up the scalps on a plate or what in this last post ? :smart:

usd came north and those guys sold off

Nice (y)

Attachments

• setups.JPG
    setups.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 119
ok gotta scoot ..............

the CAD was mullered earlier ......its dropped over 110 pips on the day and nearly 140 pips from its Asian highs.....that's a lot of pips to bring to any pair trade ....

GBP is the star mover so far on the day ....60 pips from Asian openings....nice

I took some pips on an early scalp session but nothing like that available in the day ...cracker of a day for you full timers !

anyway Usd index now bouncing and ranging around the London high...lets see if she comes north again later

N

Attachments

• index usd.JPG
    index usd.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 111
morning all............my scalping session is over now as I prepare for work

I have been looking to sell usd off a weak Asian session (See chart).........some ok buys on GBP , CAD and AUD in last hour or so ............

more strategically the week so far sees a massive Bear CAD.........nothing comes close by some 200 pips .........so clearly that's the play into weekend as it will not stay still I suspect.....continuation or more probably some profit taking on trades..so watch for a bull CAD today / tomorrow

todays Asian got the NZD up by some 50 pips and holding well.......Euro is the Dog (again ?)...

if I were still scalping I am deff on selling usd and Euro ..........AUD , CAD and GBP are the buys London so far..and of course the NZD if you like that dude ......I prefer the more predictable AUD

good trading ........
N

Attachments

• usd action.JPG
    usd action.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 119
  • selling usd.JPG
    selling usd.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
7 40 am

EA

A 40 pip drop from 7 24 am

So 16 mins - although so far I have only got 33 pips

Getting ready to pop out

see you after 8 30 am

Stay Focused

heres the issue with the EA today ..........both bear currencies ..so be careful :smart::sneaky:

N

Attachments

• ea.JPG
    ea.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 116