Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

FIFA is more just a joke .......the mistake people are making is treating it like a football scandal.....it's big big business with billions of dollars on the table gang......no CEO could ever survive such a scandal

Or should do...

Hey gang......hope all ok at the t2win ranch

Away from charts for one more week .......can't wait to get back in saddle

N

USDJPY - triangle lasts very long time=( think abot bearish trand.

vhf8pTq.jpg

I've been told I can't flag up posts that have no relevance to correlation or strengthmeters that are posted here.......although I hoped my 6 year old threads title would provide clues and allow me that priviledge :whistling

Anyway D welcome to t2win

Please explain your system ....I'm not a big fan of Uj myself ....prefer to,have them positively correlated myself and play the diverging currencies ...what do you think ?

Thanks

N

Last edited:
i'm thinking that eurgbp have to grow up because of the eurusd (on that pair i'm waiting for growing). Will sell from 0.74380 =)

o68voDJ.jpg

Again not a big fan of European correlation myself ....prefer to play them off of the usd jpy team or even the Australian connection that has been very active last few days for ea plays ....

Let me know,what system you are using D or I fact whoever you are ?

We again have more tedious Mult nics again in the machine

Boring if so......:sleep:,,,,,I got banned recently and really don't want to be banned again by the moderators for requesting my threads are free of advertising and random posts from multi nics ......

Would,really appreciate mods clearing out the kids now ...please ? :smart:

N

hey all

allowed myself a 2 min check in to charts ...............jees the usd is having a sloooooooow week eh ?

a little breach down today finally gets it a little jiggy.........but look at last 2 weeks performance

N

Attachments

• sloooooooooooow week.JPG
    sloooooooooooow week.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 116
Back in uk on Thursday but will need to runaround a lot for a new contract I have starting next week........really really want to scalp on Friday ....let's see how it goes

N

hey all

wifes mother was taken seriously ill this week so i'm tied up on errands and other stuff ....fortunately looks like she will pull though .....phew

no trading for me for a while yet

N

ok one comment then have to shoot back to my mother in laws flat

jees look at the week ...............6am London sessions were about selling usd index off of resistance levels....

you couldn't lose as long as you were sensible pairing usd to bull currencies :smart:

amazing ..5 off the bat (y)

N

Attachments

• sell usd london session.JPG
    sell usd london session.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 111
hi guys

I am incredibly aware that being out of things for more than a few days is incredibly debilitating .................takes a wee while then to get back into the swing ......so I am determined to try to get a couple of scalping sessions a week even though I am full time consulting for next 6m ...........

my wifes mum is a trooper and is fighting back ..............jees 2 stents in her heart and she still wont stop talking .....:D......we are all on duty over weekend still

as we have talked about before gang - its not all about head down and working

take the time out to enjoy life.........

smell the coffee and the roses
walk the dog ..kiss the family (and vice versa):p
breathe in deep and appreciate you are alive ..........

because one day we and our loved ones will not be here ...........if you believe you are invincible take a walk around a hospital and see people of all ages .........it is humbling :cool:

N

Totally agree with you - visiting hospitals puts it all into perspective .

You never hear old people in their 80's or even older saying - "I wish I had spent more time in the office working" etc etc

Seeing children really ill pulls on your heartstrings and makes you count your blessings

As you get older you do look back and think what would I have changed.

I still plan to do 2 triathlons in 2016 and hope I am still fit enough to do a marathon at 70 - ( I hope ).

I don't want to spend 30 hrs a week on the golf course - I am too old for motor racing ( my wife says) but I do want to be able to spend some quality time with family and friends etc etc - while I am still healthy.

Lets also hope that the NHS can stay fit and healthy as well - but that's another topic

All the best N

Regards

F

agreed.............i'm 56 and semi retired .....the 3 weeks in canaries was also about us looking at property and seeing what lifestyle we want going forward.........nice area meloneras ........

I like the sun but really only in winter........uk is ok for the summer months

I like relaxing but really really really need my brain active.........so trading will be always part of what I do ............alongside consulting for hopefully a few more years

I will aim to keep fit..........golf perhaps as well for social side .........I will also try to get some challenges going re fitness like you ........

after some brutal punishment from martial arts in my teen years and then some painful accidents to legs/knees/ankles in my late 20's re my adventure sports business in Aus and NZ ........(including some horrendous stunts for tv adverts and movies that were tough on body) ............I cannot hope to complete marathons and ultrathon stuff..........but I will find something to challenge me

live each day....I have lost all my remaining blood family in last few years and even my SAS business partner from Aus died from cancer at 56 just 2 years back ...........so will live it on their behalf............. (y)

cheers macka

Cheers
N

heres a replay of the week with some of my favourite scalp currencies .....when scalping I drop to 1min TF.....naturally............I trade mainly green usd in pairs so that's my anchor currency

this is 4 separate overlaid index indicators so remember they are not to scale ...but directionally they are accurate

looking back the main long term play was selling USD and buying AUD ........but some interesting options through the individual days .......

GBP had some storming runs through the week.........catch them and you will rapidly fill your daily pip scalp targets ......

without delving into detail all I am trying to do in my trading is anticipate the USD direction and then trade currencies that are diverging in opposite direction..............I actually use all the same PA techniques as used in conventional pairs....

N

Attachments

• replay.JPG
    replay.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 124
heres Fridays plays in London morning session..........the green usd got into sell rhythm eventually falling through support band.....and the Blue Euro was the first big buy .........then orange AUD was a storming buy into the USD second phase sells ....see how AUD came off low of session ? ......they were the biggies for me .....

can you see how tight the red GBP ran with the Green USD all session ?...............this doesn't mean there were not opps to trade it ..........of course there were .........but if I had been trading I would have not played it as much as the other opps that came ........although I would have tried !

my foundations were laid years ago for this style of trading but Forexperians threads have added some really interesting teachings for me on time windows and some other additional strategies to enhance my trading ....remember you can never stop learning in this game

N

Attachments

• friday.JPG
    friday.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
hey gang

I have to be finished in a few minutes as other thongs to do but trading at moment

selling usd in pairs at moment but very conscious of the support level and will hope for a bounce soon to buy it

N

Attachments

• usd suppoert lelve.JPG
    usd suppoert lelve.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 5min.JPG
    5min.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 104
ok my session about to end ................stuff to do

ok the usd has been bear so far ...............and now ranging 3 pips ..........if I continued to trade I would look for confirmed move from usd and play the best currencies moving against it ..........................

good luck all ............hope to pop in later

N

Attachments

• 1 min range usd.JPG
    1 min range usd.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 120
hey all ..............ive been tied up today and will be all this week now

heres my take on the usd today from my earlier call............I use a lot of S/R levels and look for the moves off key levels at key times ....

actually the green usd has been tricky on this bank holiday day in some countries .........hopefully better runs tomorrow

and for all you FXcorrelator fans heres the G5 action.......5 indexes overlaid.....a brief review shows me the GU was a real nice player today with some great moves .............hope you got some ?

N

Attachments

• usd ranges.JPG
    usd ranges.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 121
  • G5.JPG
    G5.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 127
hey gang

busy busy this week...............so no trading ...........I see the usd was bear yesterday

you guys must have cleaned up

N

Attachments

• usd dump.JPG
    usd dump.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 146
morning all

i'm back in uk late tonight........cant really trade today as a small laptop screen is not enough for me .......I need my larger trading screens up pn front of me as well

anyway here the last 2 days and 1min market for usd ...my anchor currency

bullish waves from Asian session leave me happy to play bull usd positions if offered .........on the 1 min chart I see a 7 pip range at moment awaiting London wakeup.........more than happy to play that bull bounce off the lowere S level if offered soon............I would then sell most bearish currency...........AUD , CAD or Europeans

second choice is to sell usd off the resistance level forming.........but I would need to do more work on my secondary currency choice for that call...........

if usd breaches north now then I would also be tempted to buy it then as well above R level.........

but buying off a retrace into the S level is the 100% solid signal I would prefer...........off a Forexmospherian Time window a well to gold plate it

have a great day
N

Attachments

• usd trading 1.JPG
    usd trading 1.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 1 mins.JPG
    1 mins.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 116
EU

Best LiTs today were on the EJ / EA / GU

The EU was not that bad today - an easy 60+ pips available selling under the "Line in the Sand" Price structure Bias Area

Not posted one chart on EU this afternoon - so here's the day's action

202752d1444939992-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-eu-151015-pm.png

usd was a pig for London yesterday .......early us session was real sweet though after that spike ..........60 pip drop from highs on usd alone .......euro and gbp missed the party though as net bear as well...........Aussies , swissie and Cad were the buys early us...... .(y)

N

Attachments

• usd yesterday.JPG
    usd yesterday.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 110