Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

usd is slowly falling but the volatility is very very high...............I have no time to use 2-3 pips moves to my favour .....its press button and go......

going to step back a little .....I got lucky on a NU call and got out b/e earlier

n

I just called 2 trdes on F's forum but its hard in this uber volatility ....the rewards are astronomical but the risks are escalated as well

later
N

both trades are doing well (NU sell and EU sell)

but i'll just trail them .........later
N

must go now but these trades are doing more ok than I thought !!!!

been monitoring my trades and also watching the market ............

usd bull train continues ..........superb days trading

N

hey all...........well its been a hell of a day ...............I took these guys at time shown ...and well...........let them run a little

Both around 2.07/9 pm today

sell nu below 11
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/dis...ert-retail-forex-trader-3735.html#post2405338

sell eu below 38
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/dis...ert-retail-forex-trader-3735.html#post2405342

yep - for once I hung on for grim death ........as if you are ever going to catch a ride its post NFP !!

thats the thing about scalping ........if your only after 3-5 pips per trade and only throwing 3-5 pips as S/L's you can ramp up the leverage per pip.......even on NFP day (where reducing the leverage down below 2% is recommended)

even at say 1% pot for each trade..........over 50 pips isn't a bad % haul for the afternoon .....on 2 trades

NFP day is high risk but high reward................

scalping the NFP's vs normal volatility is like comparing sitting in a golf buggy.................well compared to this !!! :p

good flying with you all today ! :cool:

signing off
N

Last edited:
here's the week ............1hr default fxcorrelator 20ma

the usd did its thing..........see how the NFP always delivers good volatility ?

N

Attachments

• usd week.JPG
    usd week.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 129
well well ...........

last 2 weeks have been solid and REAL productive scalping.......quantum leaps even from my pretty ok work in recent years and then last few months where ive had more screen/trading time ................

i'm not just talking about pippage ....i'm talking really SEEING the trades .....F knows what I mean ......................sounds corny but the extra screentime hours being spent are moulding me to my system and execution...................I can see the trades coming and accept losses as I can see why..........my % loss ratio has fallen dramatically............ive stopped giving away stupid trades .....my discipline has increased dramatically....................that's the Zone I suppose .............taken a few years of trying and bouncing around the edges ......but such is life .......

my strengthmeter / relative strength ideas and approach have always resonated well for me ............its my discipline and execution that has been questionable .......... that's what is the real problem for most wannabee traders once they realise that a solid system isn't that hard to find.........

i'm gonna need all the help I can get with trialling a new platform and posting but need to settle more now if I decide to go real pro........if I cant get any decent paying local finance jobs or consultancy work then looks like my future is being chosen for me

i'll go to demo next week and reduce the posts .......as cant do it all

N

thanks to everyone that mentioned LMAX.........i'm trialling on Monday live..........I may have to reduce posts here but will also publish my trades warts and all .............

that's gonna be painful till I get the hang of the platform............ but I always try to be above board here .................no smoke ......no mirrors ........100% genuine

N

heres the goldmeter .....I have a thread for this ......

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/commodities-money-markets/157250-fxcorrelator_goldmeter.html

despite the Gold (violet) presence above the zero ........theres NO WAY that this chart is going further north............

look at the aggressive bull usd index (green)........its driving the chart price south south south !

not a perfect signal as I need the violet line ideally below the zero and preferably the most diverged line ............but no way should you be risking/buying XAUUSD as I warned last week in previous posts on my goldmeter thread......

this indicator is available free below in the links

N

Attachments

• goldmeter.JPG
    goldmeter.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
thanks to everyone that mentioned LMAX.........i'm trialling on Monday live..........I may have to reduce posts here but will also publish my trades warts and all .............

that's gonna be painful till I get the hang of the platform............ but I always try to be above board here .................no smoke ......no mirrors ........100% genuine

N

hmmm they do gold as well...........I do like a little gold in the mix as well :cool:

just final checks for tomorrow ..........added another 32" screen to my desk** as I need a little more screen space and elbow room.............I need t talk to Lmax re the demo setip tomorrow morning as well.........will be registering trades when that's installed and probably calling a few before that.......... depending on when they get it sorted

until tomorrow
N

(and the wife always wanted that in the conservatory.........hahahahaha)

morning all.........

my LMAX demo is up and running.......(thanks guys)

just familiarising myself at present

meanwhile usd is still bull on 1hr (shown) but on my scalping charts its sell sell sell

N

Attachments

• usd going bear.JPG
    usd going bear.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 104