Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

getting killed as usd ranges ..........frustrating here

Need to explain the tricks going on here - ie on GU and EU later on

GU was scalp buy from 8 30 am really with a pullback at 9 30 am and then above 82/3 might try higher

We had a no trade zone for really an hr or so - ok just for small scalps - but during that time price structure was being changed

Out for an hour see you later and stay focused etc

Regards

F

ok going to take a break..........overall still down and trying to catch up on my initial 5 pip Stop loss testing..............................

jees the last au was frustrating.....that price jammed then suddenly I was 2-3 pips down as usd bounced north.............

practice practice practice on a new platform

later
N

Attachments

• hmmmmmmmm.JPG
    hmmmmmmmm.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Need to explain the tricks going on here - ie on GU and EU later on

GU was scalp buy from 8 30 am really with a pullback at 9 30 am and then above 82/3 might try higher

We had a no trade zone for really an hr or so - ok just for small scalps - but during that time price structure was being changed

Out for an hour see you later and stay focused etc

Regards

F

tell me about it ...........;)

tell me about it ...........;)
Well, price structure is where the bar, whatever timeframe you're using, is consisted of an open (where the price is at the start of the bar) a close (where it is when the next little bar starts), the high which is the bit at the very top of the bar and the low which is the bit at the very bottom of the bar. Nothing and nobody has any control or needs to have any control over any of those data; they are all quite random. However, over the course of several bar what are called trading opportunities are presented.

getting hurt on the chop here........i'm still chasing usd sells ........but boy its not playing much

taking a break
N

still pushing hard on usd sells ..set some to run .......back later

getting hurt on the chop here........i'm still chasing usd sells ........but boy its not playing much

taking a break
N

If you can see it's in the chop why are you trying to trade it? I thought the correlator thingy sorted out clear buy and sell setups to prevent precisely this sort of problem.

Even without indicators, just eyeballing the price action is often enough to keep you out of murky, choppy waters.

I think for many, especially those with less than 10,000 hours at the coalface, they think they need to trade every twitch in case they miss the big move. There are a lot more twitches than big moves and you can identify a big move from the simple fact the price has moved out of the shadows. You don't need to be in right at the beginning to make a profit. I'm already up 83 pips with +65 locked in using this extremely simple approach.

so been on the phone and the usd has been selling and my trades all went limit up ..........bugger !!

N

been tied up on the phone .............went limit up on a few usd sells...need to amend that

N

Attachments

• amend limit ups.JPG
    amend limit ups.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 95
so been on the phone and the usd has been selling and my trades all went limit up ..........bugger !!

N

Neil, it's vital that you focus at all times. Concentration is key. If you've any hope of making this hobby a full time career you have to take it seriously. Turn your phone off during trading. Close the door. Shut the curtains. Turn off the lights. Muffle the drums. stop all the clocks, shoot the dog.

keep selling usd when opps arise ..............got to duck out for a while

N

Neil, it's vital that you focus at all times. Concentration is key. If you've any hope of making this hobby a full time career you have to take it seriously. Turn your phone off during trading. Close the door. Shut the curtains. Turn off the lights. Muffle the drums. stop all the clocks, shoot the dog.

yep..............acknowledged.......was taking some calls for agency roles......................i'm not on main accounts today - only testing the LMAX demo so not as dangerous a game

N

keep selling usd when opps arise ..............got to duck out for a while

N
Your style is very similar to another poster on this site.

Keep selling usd when opps arise. Ah OK, thanks for that.

ok i'm getting there now with a few hours in the seat of this platform ......EU is sweet and i'm pretty comfortable now on that ..........these are tiny scalps but every little helps ..........practice practice practice

ok later ...........

as Sigma says I really need to be either in the chair with doors shut and focused or doing whatever I need to do away from the screen.......

back later .usd still falling

N

Attachments

• scalping small margins.JPG
    scalping small margins.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 112
thanks and appreciated .........

no one likes to see people removed but sometimes it gets a bit silly.......especially if you are spending genuine time trying to improve your own trading and perhaps help others if the chance arises

N

Your style is very similar to another poster on this site.

Keep selling usd when opps arise. Ah OK, thanks for that.

usd has been a sell since early Asian session..........so until that changes I keep hunting scalp sells .......

N

Sigma-d has been removed from the forums

Thread trashing will not be tolerated

Liked reading Simga-E
But sometimes people go way too far.
Good call Charlie hope he was not a Palace supporter.:LOL:

Keep working hard Neil.(y)

Liked reading Simga-E
But sometimes people go way too far.
Good call Charlie hope he was not a Palace supporter.:LOL:

Keep working hard Neil.(y)

always .........always ............14 wins from last 16 scalps ...........(not all shown and no i'm not sitting on open trades ....i'm scalping)

but its all low key wins.....practice practice practice

and keep selling usd ;)

later
N

Attachments

• green is good.JPG
    green is good.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 130
ok - im now about 28 wins from 30 scalps (excluding some stop shakeouts and platform testing in first hour or so)

which is not bad after just 2-3 hours of proper scalping on a new platform to me

usd has been a steady sell so that helped

ok do need to step down for a while .......eyes and brain hurt

N