Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

I really have no favorite settings for my FXCorrelator as its about horse for courses

faster MA's (1-20's) provide me with more rapid signals for triggers to trade and the slower/higher Ma's (50+) give me more perspective on a trend .... while the ultra high settings (500+) are excellent to trade using price action strategies

heres probably the most universally recognised higher MA used in many many markets as a Key indicator the 200ma

on a daily like below - the 200ma very roughly represents the number of available trading days in the normal business year so its a Yearly rolling average price

so what do you see....?

me ? ...I see the Euro back at the bottom of the pack and falling :smart:

N

Attachments

• 200ma Daily.jpg
    200ma Daily.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 133
and finally heres the FXCorrelator on Captain currencies famous 3 ducks system......well just the 4H TF on a 60ma setting so its the Main steer for how he trades and views the market

the corrie is great for seeing the full picture and Andys trading order is clearly shown where you will only be able to consider trading pairs if they match the buy order (Higher value rules) shown on this chart

so Yen and USD rule the roost as buys only currently...and it seems you can only sell the euro as its at the bottom of the pack

very wise signals based on what I have shown you already this morning on other posts ? :smart:

N

Attachments

• 3 ducks 60ma on 4h TF.jpg
    3 ducks 60ma on 4h TF.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 158
hey all !

jees been crazy this week so not as much trading as I wanted…heres the 1 hrs for this week - 1 way traffic !

My only big surprise is how resilient the Euro has been…..GPB took its fall !??

oh well as I always say …Trade what you see !

have a good weekend:smart:
N

Attachments

• WE 18 MAY 12.jpg
    WE 18 MAY 12.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 127
today ?

If I get time I will be doing this

1) Going with the flow ......why fight the whole of mays move of Dow Down and Yen & Usd UP ?

2) on lower tf's I will be watching for retraces as well.....if the Dow got a foothold and climbled north today you may see some tighter stops triggered and an accelerated bull (minor) move for Friday

for 1 stay on buy USD and YEN , and 2 may give the braver of you some decent sells on these guys today

good trading
N

today ?

If I get time I will be doing this

1) Going with the flow ......why fight the whole of mays move of Dow Down and Yen & Usd UP ?

2) on lower tf's I will be watching for retraces as well.....if the Dow got a foothold and climbled north today you may see some tighter stops triggered and an accelerated bull (minor) move for Friday

for 1 stay on buy USD and YEN , and 2 may give the braver of you some decent sells on these guys today

good trading
N

Euro is going further down....how will you use this - as opportunity or loss?

Euro is going further down....how will you use this - as opportunity or loss?

depends on the dynamics of other currencies....clearly a falling Euro is a signal to sell it but I need to always understand if there are suitable currencies to buy against it and also if another pairing is providing even more opportunities to trade than the Euro..Like GBP has been THE sell in recent days

n

Hi guys!

I'm new to this thread. A couple of questions:

- When was the latest FXCorrelator released?

- Where can I find a "how to use the indicator" guide and an accompanying trading system?

- Was this compared to Tom Yeomans' Accustrength and ForexGrail systems in terms of profitability?

hey all

Another week another Euro Crisis....

anyway heres the 15m TF and I will be watching that 12500 Dow line...

I'd be stunned if we get there and i'm hunting the Dow sells when they come and inevitable YEN and USD Rises

I have to day I think for a longer term bet now nothing looks better than buying the USD over next few months.....hmmmm :smart:

N

Attachments

• 21st may 2012.jpg
    21st may 2012.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 153
hey all

Another week another Euro Crisis....

anyway heres the 15m TF and I will be watching that 12500 Dow line...

I'd be stunned if we get there and i'm hunting the Dow sells when they come and inevitable YEN and USD Rises

I have to day I think for a longer term bet now nothing looks better than buying the USD over next few months.....hmmmm :smart:

N

Attachments

• 21st may 2012.jpg
    21st may 2012.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 148
Hi guys!

I'm new to this thread. A couple of questions:

- When was the latest FXCorrelator released? - heres the indicator
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-strategies-systems/71854-correlation-trading-basic-ideas-strategies-1084.html#post1840402

- Where can I find a "how to use the indicator" guide and an accompanying trading system?

read the thread - I have an 80 / 20 system where I use the 80ma and 20ma but its all in the thread here .....aside from this beginners trading approach all my work continues to evolve based around correlation and Strengthmeter analysis ...if you read the thread you will get the basics pretty quick :smart:

also read all the stuff on here FXcorrelator.com

- Was this compared to Tom Yeomans' Accustrength and ForexGrail systems in terms of profitability?

Tom uses Strengthmeters like me but my approach is much more broader re options and styles and incorporates correlation .....it can be applied / customised to the users need and trading personality.....and I encourage people to find their own path

tell me what system you use with Tom and I will tell you how sucessful it is as a comparison :Dthanks N

are you all ready to rumble ? :cool:

N

Attachments

• stand bye.jpg
    stand bye.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 151
selling AUD , EUR , GBP all look pretty similar....AUD is the safe steady sell play I suppose

beware.....the yen and USD are not rising as fast as I would want on this move.....keep it tight

I was talking to an old Trading friend today and we got onto this mentoring and teaching lark

I was saying I did have something running a while back (with the aid of a very very good friend who did all the Admin and IT stuff that I am useless with (y))

but I was just to busy to continue it - and frankly I need to be trading more than teaching when I do get spare time from work etc etc to keep my hand in....

and he then added I was also the most useless marketeer he had ever seen based on the stuff he saw from me when I was selling the service :eek:

such is life....lets all stick to what we are good at then ....:smart:

N

looking at some 4H charts though....this is how I would be selling myself shamelessly to all you traders in search of the Holy Grail

THE FXCORRELATOR.........we made 500 pips on EURUSD in just 1 trade :clap:

umm......yeah....buy it here everyone ....its really Great :smart:

oh well.....thats far too good a trade to be true ...isnt it ?

N

Attachments

• 500 pip sell on EURUSD.jpg
    500 pip sell on EURUSD.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 339
Tom uses Strengthmeters like me but my approach is much more broader re options and styles and incorporates correlation .....it can be applied / customised to the users need and trading personality.....and I encourage people to find their own path

tell me what system you use with Tom and I will tell you how sucessful it is as a comparison :Dthanks N
Thanks!

Btw. from the first post why can't get to the newest version of the currency strength meter but and old one. Perhaps you can fix it?

Or just why don't you put it up on your page Fxcorrelator.com? Wouldn't it be easier?

I don't 100% understand your English, sorry. I'm not native.

I don't trade with Tom just evaluating things.

Instead of reading 1000 pages of threads, sorry, I rather ask:
- What is your average win/lose ratio?
- What's your average risk/reward ratio?
- How much time do you have to spend with the charts daily with your method?

But anyways, do you have a single student who got successful with this by reading this 1000 page thread? Just asking. You have something to share which is cool. But wouldn't it be easier - from the recipient's point of view - if you publish your method in one coherent e-book?

Many thanks!

Thanks!

Btw. from the first post why can't get to the newest version of the currency strength meter but and old one. Perhaps you can fix it?

Or just why don't you put it up on your page Fxcorrelator.com? Wouldn't it be easier?

I don't 100% understand your English, sorry. I'm not native.

I don't trade with Tom just evaluating things.

Instead of reading 1000 pages of threads, sorry, I rather ask:

But anyways, do you have a single student who got successful with this by reading this 1000 page thread? Just asking. You have something to share which is cool. But wouldn't it be easier - from the recipient's point of view - if you publish your method in one coherent e-book?

Many thanks!

hey bankroll...........think of it more like a Journey here on the thread as opposed to a finished document ...and I have always encouraged students to experiment and eventually some have collaborated with me ....if I document formal rules then I have by definition negated or ignored the other multitude of information published that my in truth be more reliable than the rules I have then stated (y)

and sorry because my more obtuse approach to trading (I generally ignore paircharts except for placing a trade) a lot of the standard trading terms out there I find somewhat misleading to me and I suspect to new traders

(depends on how I trade my system)

sorry - but what does that actually mean ?

- sometimes a couple of hours if I am lucky - other times only a few minutes

heres the latest set -up :smart:

and see my later post here on this thread I will load somethng here that helps
N

Attachments

• FXCORRELATOR_8020_SYSTEM_DO NOT RESELL OR COPY_V1.mq4
    6.6 KB · Views: 250
Last edited: