Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey all

heres last 2 weeks of action…..

Dow falling and yen and usd rising

so what …you thought trading was more difficult then ?

PS- hindsight is 2020 vision !

N

Attachments

• 2 week train ride.jpg
    2 week train ride.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 148
pretty straightforward for me today

higher Timeframes are still showing significant Yen and USD buy signals so I just keep picking off any lower TF signals that are the same direction to higher TFs

sure there's some minor retraces at times today but just sit out of the game and wait till the Lower TF signals re-align to higher TF.....

and if you sit all day watching the markets readjust without trading ?

Then perhaps ignore what I say and take the contrarian view that Traders are locking in all the big profits this week and simply trade a increasing reversal move as all these trades get stopped out :smart:

N

Attachments

• sell USD and YEN pairs.jpg
    sell USD and YEN pairs.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 133
so here we are then ......see last post

Yen and USD are taking hits on that 15m TF below as Dow rallies north a little (See chart) and on a 5m version of this it would look like a major move (second attachment)

BUT against higher TF signals (4h and daily's - not shown) they are saying ..."small retraces.... dont sweat the small stuff !"...wait for business to begin again when its ready

so I can do 2 things :-

1) sit tight and wait for the move back into Yen & Usd buys .....later today , monday, June (?)

2) attack the low timeframes and scramble pips Selling the usd and Yen until 1) action starts again ....and yum yum ....nice CAD !!

its all about scaling your trade amounts and trading each timeframe as its own world.....

up to you all ......i'm busy and lazy today so will sit it out .....long week :sleep:

N

Attachments

• no buys on yen and usd.jpg
    no buys on yen and usd.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 5 min action is different.jpg
    5 min action is different.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 186
watch the G/U thats the dude that could fold south again soon....

hey all

I had a chance to briefly play on this thread earlier .....:cool:

Great Thread and Pete and the Gang are virtually giving free signals there (y)

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gen...ding-general-chat-lounge-719.html#post1852260

anyway I had to scoot but heres the arrowed times (all -1 GMT) I was playing and what I was trying to do in selling the G/U ....although in truth in the end I was B/E and watching petes E/U sells with Envy :LOL:

so what was I doing ?

1) the big dog TF's are all buying usd and Yen off the falling Dow

so I was just waiting for the tide to turn back again on the 5min....thats it .....I was not trying to trade against the higher TF signals (well I started getting tempted by the AUD buy but didnt bite :cool: )

and the X's show I was just a little to early to the party and to keen ......see how things have eventually turned out ?

If I had been at my screens I would have been selling at least one of the A/U , E/U and G/U pairs and pipping as the lowest TF went back to higher trend direction with a bang..........so see it and trade it :cool:

have a good weekend all :smart:
N

Attachments

• Low TF follows higher TFs.jpg
    Low TF follows higher TFs.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
hey all

well this week I was out of action mostly travelling....but when I was watching I was keen to capitalise on the Dows ongoing demise and trying to then buy Yen and USD
on those signals

so as you can see most days provided some action and yesterday afternoon was possible but I wasnt on line and trading to enjoy it

so to all new traders

1) Research/Experiment and find something you can identify with as a system / style....this WILL take years (sorry :innocent:)

and sorry to tell you but all those "Great" junkmail systems being sold wont cut it for you if you are serious in the long term ;)

2) perfect your mindset, disciplne and execution processes - this will take years of practice (sorry)

and then Trade.....the only thing that makes you a better trader is trading ......I have not been trading that much recently and it is already telling on my mindset and a few other things.....rusty !!......so note to me to do more next week :smart:

N

Attachments

• playing the bigger trend all week.jpg
    playing the bigger trend all week.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 189
hey all

Well its another week of Euro drama ahead.....(when isnt it ?)

I note that William Hill and Ladbrokes have stopped taking bets on Greece leaving.....hmmm

I cant help thinking its like the boy who cried wolf...we all come running and its a false alarm

anyway we are here to trade so volatility is our oxygen .....and what we need.....and it should be in bucketloads this week

heres a 200ma on the daily FXcorrelator and you see Euro's bottom position already ........if Equities confidence does tumble ( left Dow chart is under pressure) then its bye bye birdie....

we will see.........

N

Attachments

• euro fall 200ma.png
    euro fall 200ma.png
    58.4 KB · Views: 475
i'm watching the Dow.....12700 support line......will it hold this week ?

Attachments

• dow support.png
    dow support.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 215
No worries...........and checkout my own website where you may find a few extra things and Videos that are either hidden or not available in this now mega thread !!

N

Hi NVP,

sorry for not having jumped on this one earlier:) you are doing great job man. Keeping an eye on your site to become open for newcomers again

hey all

Dow fighting back ?
Sell usd and yen ?

but look at the wave of power on slide 2 ...

hmmmmmm :smart:
N

Attachments

• dow fighting back.jpg
    dow fighting back.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 123
  • dont ignore the trend.jpg
    dont ignore the trend.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 140
I said so ...........nice Buys on USD and Yen in low TF's as the Dow starts to come under pressure again !

morning all

Trade what you see.....

and this is what I see....:smart:

N

Attachments

• trade what you see.jpg
    trade what you see.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 124
Hi NVP,

sorry for not having jumped on this one earlier:) you are doing great job man. Keeping an eye on your site to become open for newcomers again

thanks (y)

My Free website has some videos and other stuff not possible to show on T2W and also daily comments when I can get there

I did run a subscription based Training course for 6 months including daily comments and updates but have discontinued that presently due to other commitments

keep an eye out as we may offer that training again when myself and my small team are able :smart:

N

Heres the 1 hours

plenty of Dow Falls now…..driving yen and particularly USD North on right hand chart

GBP is taking a lot of that pain …..perhaps GBP had run too far too fast ? :sneaky:

N

Attachments

• 17th may 2012 action.jpg
    17th may 2012 action.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 139
Sterling has had a great recent run though.....coming off a little now

N

Attachments

• GBP RIP.jpg
    GBP RIP.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 141