Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

1.5670 looks like this is where everythign will come together .....

exit USDCAD ...I never let a small loss increase.and the NZD and AUD buys were kind

and looks like I'm gonna regret that early exit...hahahahahha

could have let it roll a little longer and been b/e or better ..........DOH !!!

one slip south by the Dow on the 5min and the Gbp will fall like a stone ......c'mon !

ive got to go to a meeting soon .......i'm tightened up on my buys and quids in .......i'm sitting awaiting a little turn south on the dow on the 5 mins and looking for an easy 10-15 pips sell signal on the G/U probably around the 1.5670 as already mentioned .....but I need Dow slippage for the courage to trade it

later all
N

I do not use correlation, because of the way I trade, but I read a book once that seemed not that bad:
CURRENCY TRADING and INTERMARKET ANALYSIS.

ive got to go to a meeting soon .......i'm tightened up on my buys and quids in .......i'm sitting awaiting a little turn south on the dow on the 5 mins and looking for an easy 10-15 pips sell signal on the G/U probably around the 1.5670 as already mentioned .....but I need Dow slippage for the courage to trade it

later all
N

gotta scoot .................DAMMIT we are about 5mins off that trade if it takes ...

yep - ive met Asraf ...a good bloke and good trader

shame hes an Arsenal Fan :p

N

LOL. Who do you support? Tottenham? I support Chelsea due to the Italian connections.

You have to admit Mancini and Di Matteo are very much there at the moment.

LOL. Who do you support? Tottenham? I support Chelsea due to the Italian connections.

You have to admit Mancini and Di Matteo are very much there at the moment.

agreed .....and good luck to them re the European cup ...I was cheering them on as you have to support a british club .....(regardless of no european soccer for Spurs next year....we should have got higher in the league)

I am a spurs fan ......rest of the family are lifelong Blues (in fact my cousin played a few first team games for Chelsea in the 70's) and my Father in law when he was alive was a Gooner.....so all my life has generally been spent getting laughed at ;)

so I figured why change things as a trader !!!

N....

Last edited:
hey all .........

someone asked me about buying gold again soon ........:whistling

ok heres an FXCorrelator where ive just added gold as a currency into the mix so it performs as an individual index like the others and is unaffiliated to any pair.......

in other words ive divorced Gold from just the normal XAUUSD the same as I do for all currencies in the FXcorrelator indicator ...they run free as sole currencies

its on a 500ma setting so you see real time movements and minimum MA skew

so lets see .....hmmm the Violet gold was the big Swinging dude in late 2011 and again in Early 2012 wasnt it ? ....and now its crumbled ...although May brought a little fight back to its cheeks.....!

I trade Gold like any other currency....if it gets stronger than the others I buy it ...if its weaker I sell it .....and I make my Gold trades in USD as that where the liquidity is ......so I really do treat it like my standard Forex trades where I tend to stick to the USD pairs as well

and what is the first rule in my Forex FXCorrelator trading ?

the USD (and yen but not as important here) have to be Falling or Rising to give me confidence to then Trade Currencies that must be moving in the Opposing Direction

So my rules apply to Gold and I dont go at the XAUUSD trade unless I have the USD moving in the opposite direction to Gold on the charts

so look at the chart and tell me when USD was falling in a month to encourage me to start buying the gold line

Yep January 2012 ........thats it .....and Gold went ballistic !!.......so when it happens again I will step in.......(alongside a few other rules that is ;) )

so NO i'm not buying gold yet on the Dailys.......:smart:

N

Attachments

• Gold report.jpg
    Gold report.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
agreed .....and good luck to them re the European cup ...I was cheering them on as you have to support a british club .....(regardless of no european soccer for Spurs next year....we should have got higher in the league)

I am a spurs fan ......rest of the family are lifelong Blues (in fact my cousin played a few first team games for Chelsea in the 70's) and my Father in law when he was alive was a Gooner.....so all my life has generally been spent getting laughed at ;)

so I figured why change things as a trader !!!

N....

LOL, do not worry, one day you will get your revenge.

ok now in meetings for rest of the day ...........G/U never hit the price level I wanted to sell at so ive stepped away and will hopefully get back in the chair later for another look....

my AUD and NZD's buys were not bad little tickles earlier so no worries from me

have a good afternoon

N

I am not sure if you are aware of this indicator: CCFP, a relative strength indicator,
works with mt4.

Attachments

• CCFp.mq4
    17.1 KB · Views: 261
Seriously Neil, I can't believe you are doing this:)
the Corrie is a superstar. I'm regularly checking up your site for vip opening. Keep on rocking:)

Seriously Neil, I can't believe you are doing this:)
the Corrie is a superstar. I'm regularly checking up your site for vip opening. Keep on rocking:)

Hi doky

I gradually realised that the more I talked here and tried to share ideas about strengthmeters and correlation - the more people responded and gave me ideas back.....thats not that evident here on the thread as its generally just me talking......but on pm's and though my Free website I get lots of leads and ideas

I must have collaborated now with over 20 people regarding programming , shared ideas and systems in the last 3 years.... ....

also a bit like a trading Journal the more you expose your thoughts and ideas the more you have to focus on it and improve !

N