Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

someones asked me what currencies to sell............

umm the ones that are going down ?

N

Clue.............its turquiose and been being killed without mercy since the ASIAN SESSION ! :p

Attachments

• durrr  nzd.jpg
    durrr nzd.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 127
TRADING IS A ZERO SUM GAME

forget the paircharts nonsense to identify moves and load up a FXCorrelator

you are now looking at the RAW currencies .....no pairchart rubbish ;)

now the Value of our Currencies going up = Values of Currencies coming down

100% of the time 24/7

people say that currencies are most active during their country's "business" hours

sure mostly ....

But what if you have a situation where the Business hour (open) currencies are slugging it out and a few show strength but the others wont sucumb as fallers much..........where does the pain go ?

to sleeping currencies ;)

N

jees the 15m volatility is flying .....looks like a buy USD scenario but would prefer Yen traveling with it ....they are looking strong as per my appalling French post earlier

N

and now YEN and USD are flying south off a falling Dow ....and someone has lit Euro's fuse....

Jees its a shake and bake afternoon so far on the 15m TF :eek:

N

Clue.............its turquiose and been being killed without mercy since the ASIAN SESSION ! :p

Dows been up down sideways !

.......and still NZD getting killed............nowhere to hide.....:eek:

Attachments

• nzd is weak....jpg
    nzd is weak....jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 111
Hey all

heres the Week ……..Now you all must know the simple Approach I take by now ;)

I watch the Relative strength of currencies and sprinkle in the bias from the Global equity markets using Dow Futures to give it some edge

Right or Wrong I use this approach consistently so I am not challenging my Edge…..just what it is telling me !

so this week on the hourly’s you can see that broadly the system was relatively correct and any losses or lack of profitability in my trading is my execution and not the systems fault !

so do the same with your own approach everyone …..I call it

The Trading Trinity

The Market
The System
The Trader

The Market is always right….then get your system in tune with the market….then get your own execution and head in tune with your system !

and dont blame anyone else...especially the market !

Good Trading :smart:
N

Nvp Fxcorrelator | Facebook
https://twitter.com/#!/fxcorrelator1

Attachments

• DOW YEN USD SIGNALS.jpg
    DOW YEN USD SIGNALS.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 112
hey all

wow yesterday was volatile for a while.....jees I thought the dow was going to explode as it smashed up and down during early US mornings activity ! :eek:

Traders are never happy ......we want volatility to trade and make money ....but not toooo much so we get stopped out please ? :p

the answer is to lighten up on the money down and widen those stops ........but that reduces return...even assuming you get the direction right !

so is the Market Wrong ?...of course it isnt !

so dont get mad guys ...get even :smart:

N

http://fxcorrelator.com/corrie2/

Last edited:
ZZZZ :sleep:

ok Dow drifting south now ...in fact falling below low of the week .....

so we play yen and usd buys on this continuation ....if I were looking at the opportunities the NZD has been a patsie all week ...and perhaps also the Euro as the GBP seems immovable on any decent bear moves

lets see
N

Attachments

• thoughts.jpg
    thoughts.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 119
dow got creamed and some superb sells on the AUD......superb.....

choice was CAD , NZD or AUD....so I took my favourite of the 3

N

Attachments

• dow creamed.jpg
    dow creamed.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 100
euro is strong and could go even more ballistic on USD if Yen folds south now

Euro is frustrating.....I should just take my A/U money and walk away ....

yep - i tried to catch the falling Knife ....looks like the dow pain has not finished yet ....

Hey sir,

I'm the newest member to reach this thread,,,though it looks great ,,,i need months to go through the whole thread,,Is there any exact short manual (pdf) of this whole system,,,,,,,i'd be glad to know the performence of last 2-3months,,,,

Dow tumbling further.....sell everything that breathes against USD and Yen

Hey sir,

I'm the newest member to reach this thread,,,though it looks great ,,,i need months to go through the whole thread,,Is there any exact short manual (pdf) of this whole system,,,,,,,i'd be glad to know the performence of last 2-3months,,,,

start here dude...read all the info pages and the blogs:smart:

I teach a strategy more these days and not any particular "black box" system anymore ....although you will see a lot re the "80/20 system" which was my flagship training system to get people into the groove....:smart:

http://fxcorrelator.com/corrie2/

N

Hey sir,

relax with the sir as well...only my wife calls me that ;)