Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

this move is getting better and better this morning so hang in there

Hi NVP,
I'm new to Forex and want to learn. I've loaded your FX-Corr vb5 and watched some of your videos. Was looking at the charts this morning and it seemed as though the direction of the arrows contradicted the directions of the lines themselves. I was looking at a 5 min chart around 9:30 am Toronto time (sorry didn't take a screen shot) and the EUR line was quite a bit above the centre line, pointing up (US was below the centre dotted line pointing down) yet all the arrows for EUR were pointing downwards. Is there something that I am not understanding about the arrows or the charts or how to interpret the information. From a trading perspective what is the right course of action here - go with the lines or go with the arrows?
Thanks so much for your help.

Hi NVP,
I'm new to Forex and want to learn. I've loaded your FX-Corr vb5 and watched some of your videos. Was looking at the charts this morning and it seemed as though the direction of the arrows contradicted the directions of the lines themselves. I was looking at a 5 min chart around 9:30 am Toronto time (sorry didn't take a screen shot) and the EUR line was quite a bit above the centre line, pointing up (US was below the centre dotted line pointing down) yet all the arrows for EUR were pointing downwards. Is there something that I am not understanding about the arrows or the charts or how to interpret the information. From a trading perspective what is the right course of action here - go with the lines or go with the arrows?
Thanks so much for your help.

Hey F

welcome to the Crazy world of Trading :smart:

This is the one with 3 rows of arrows and a line chart - yes ?

if so - remember that the 3 rows all can be set to different Timeframe/ma settings and the line chart also is set to yet another seperate TF/Ma setting - thats why they are all probably different ?

the TF setting on the actual chart you are loading the indicator onto is the TF for the Line chart , then yuo just have to tweak the MA setting in the indicator edit area (Right click your mouse on the indicator itself and options appear)

try this and report back...also those ma settigns are not cast in stone as gospel.....up to you what settings to play with....its default has a 4h signal arrow on there that may be a little longt erm for practicing ?

good luck (y)
N

heres the overnights

do you all know what ..............This little system of mine is pretty robust and adapts to most market conditions

I never dreamed that after some 2 years in the firing line day in day out it would be this good

......and I gave it away here for Free ? :eek:

Jees I spoil you guys :p

N

Seriously Folks - if you think this is good but would like to learn much much more about this type of trading - the stuff I am working on (finally) for my Website and Training courses will be available soon

I have some great people literally beating me into shape to deliver it...(they know who they are)

Attachments

• overnights .jpg
    overnights .jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 116
see how the 1 hours supported those 5 min sells through the night ?

but not now as usd has got north on the 20ma here and dow is retracing :smart:

N

Attachments

• 1 hours .jpg
    1 hours .jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 116
sell tag team ? :whistling

N

Attachments

• sell tag team.jpg
    sell tag team.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 119
thats lunch !

heres why I like yen & USD sells on the 5mins when (if) they present themselves again later

the 1hour TF signal is Sweeeet (y)

N:smart:

Attachments

• 1 hours .jpg
    1 hours .jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 132
heres the 5min chart on a 500ma setting and my 5min Bandwidth template (its on this thread somewhere !)

touchdown areas can indicate possible retrace opportunities for trading
that currency....but other rules have to apply to help :smart:

also the ma setting can make this look deceptively like a retrace more than it really is ........but thats just practice practice practice re reading the charts

N

Attachments

• touchdown.jpg
    touchdown.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 115
JEES ................Tom Yeomans just sent me this E-mail :eek:

I have recommended this guys systems here on a regular basis as i like what he does.............and now he sends me this ?

Hey the Video is ok if you like the hypnotic sales patter and buy this for wealth unlimited ......but not what I expect to receive from someone of his Caliber

Red Card tom - Red Card N :mad:
N

Hi, its Tom Yeomans.

This email list is quite old and I am about to close it off. In fact, this particular elist began in 2007 and I haven't sent anything through it in a while so you can unsubscribe at the bottom if it is not of interest to you anymore. Many of you are probably on one of my new lists through the accustrength.com or tradetime.ca website.

If you are still interested in making money from the internet to supplement your forex income, I have a great movie link for you to watch by a clever fellow who has figured out how to do it correctly.

http://tinyurl.com/66kj3hv

Special Note:
If you do not want to get business opportunity mailings through this list , please click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of this letter. Its fast and simple.

There are lots of ways people find to get rich using the internet. Forex trading is only one of them. This rude man named James Denzel in the following video does have a point. You may find that making money is actually quite easy. Go Click Cash is the hot new way to create multiple means of income online as an affiliate. The beauty of Go Click Cash is that using it doesn't involve copywriting, product creation, or graphic design.

http://tinyurl.com/66kj3hv

3157313 Nova Scotia Ltd., Box 342, Windsor, nova scotia B0N 2T0, CANADA

i'm STILL watching this video of a hideous hideous man in a plane
thats not even airbourne :LOL:

and then a clever switch of image has him getting out of a stationery plane ..this is fantastic !

when will it end .............does it ever end ? .......help me i'm in the video from hell ...!!

Actually - is this Leonard Nimoy ?

Can we spell Pyramid Scheme everyone.....?

N

Beam me up scotty

Last edited:
No Actually I recommend you watch it

why ?

because this is the video equivalent of all the Junk trading systems out there telling you its easy money ..................its the Trading signal you see telling you to break your rigid System / structure to chase the impossible and the improbably results :eek:

Think of it like a test ..............watch it - laugh and then get on with building your knowledge and talents in a way that work for you and get there in your own time and your own levels of risk and Comfort levels - be it trading , property development , a profession or all 3 for all I care

but keep it real as these guys certainly dont ....they are scam artists ....and this is a real good one :rolleyes:

later.......jees will this video ever ever end ............:sleep:
N

Hey F

welcome to the Crazy world of Trading :smart:

This is the one with 3 rows of arrows and a line chart - yes ?

if so - remember that the 3 rows all can be set to different Timeframe/ma settings and the line chart also is set to yet another seperate TF/Ma setting - thats why they are all probably different ?

the TF setting on the actual chart you are loading the indicator onto is the TF for the Line chart , then yuo just have to tweak the MA setting in the indicator edit area (Right click your mouse on the indicator itself and options appear)

try this and report back...also those ma settigns are not cast in stone as gospel.....up to you what settings to play with....its default has a 4h signal arrow on there that may be a little longt erm for practicing ?

good luck (y)
N

Yes, it is the one with 3 rows of arrows and line chart. I followed the video and only changed the main chart to 14 and 3 as per the video that goes along with this particular indicator. The others are not changed so the 240 and 60 min are 20 and 1; and the 15 min is 14 and 3. I don't see a 4th row signal arrow though. Thanks for your help.

Yes, it is the one with 3 rows of arrows and line chart. I followed the video and only changed the main chart to 14 and 3 as per the video that goes along with this particular indicator. The others are not changed so the 240 and 60 min are 20 and 1; and the 15 min is 14 and 3. I don't see a 4th row signal arrow though. Thanks for your help.

ok fine

if you keep the 3 arrows to this setting then the only way the lines will agree to the bottom Row of arrows (the 15m 14/3) is if you set the line chart to a 14ma and delta 3 and ensure the pairChart you are using to load it is on the 15m timeframe

then they should agree (y)

N

if not I need to blame someone ....fast !!!

overnights..........Hmmmm

jees the yen is weak so far....its prevented us getting more USD/YEN Buy signals as USD has been stronger and aligned to correlation with the equities

follow the rules all and the FXcorrealtor will keep you out of (most) Trouble :smart:

N

Attachments

• overnights .jpg
    overnights .jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 153
how about a little advanced class signal on the FXcorrelator :sneaky:

N

Attachments

• ADVANCED STRATEGY.jpg
    ADVANCED STRATEGY.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 144
a lot of you have requested my charts be assembled somewhere in a logical sequence for ease of viewing and not jumping between posts

its coming its coming.......Jees my IT webdesigner hates me :innocent:

N

jees....I have some urgent reports to get out today at work so need to knuckle down

have Fun
N

a lot of you have requested my charts be assembled somewhere in a logical sequence for ease of viewing and not jumping between posts

its coming its coming.......Jees my IT webdesigner hates me :innocent:

N

hehehehe everyone impatient you doing a great job congratulations:clap::clap::clap:

hehehehe everyone impatient you doing a great job congratulations:clap::clap::clap:

thks B

and i'm also trying to move home later today as well (y)

multi-tasking multi-tasking
N

Last edited: