Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

nice action this week......3 great signals (y)

N

Attachments

• the week.jpg
    the week.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 152
real real nice start to proceedings this week on the 5 mins (y)

the writing was on the wall early hours when we saw a big fall on the 20ma for yen and USD still off a still falling dow.....indicating that the tag team boys would be really happy for some southern fun if the Dow provided some serious bull action

Nice :smart:
N

Attachments

• nice 5min start to week.jpg
    nice 5min start to week.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 184
hey all heres my weekly video .......

jees it was manic yesterday as I was trying to do some work on my forthcoming training course and naturally fitting in all the other jobs the weekend brings

sorry in advance - this Video was poorly produced, stuttery, incoherrent at times and I was not focused 100% on my objective of providing a clear and Cogniscient review of the weeks current movements

no change there then NVP....... :cheesy:

N

Last edited:
and now the yen and usd are back north where they also are on the 1 hour

see my 2 charts below (y)

they are 80ma and 20ma on 2 timeframes (ignore the 5 min attachment title)

and to answer your next question ...the Aussie Twins seem to be selling the best so far !

N

Attachments

• 1 hour.jpg
    1 hour.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 156
  • 5 min 14_3 corrie .jpg
    5 min 14_3 corrie .jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 148
the Euro is having a really good day so far :smart:

a card to play when usd and Yen go south again ?

N

Attachments

• Euro power.jpg
    Euro power.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
hey all

I am a Fan of Tom Yeomans

I currently offer nothing at all commercially but Tom does.....I'm not recommending him and neither do I take any commission for the comments here

I am just saying that this is the only commercial Strengthmeter site I would recommend viewers to investigate if asked about systems for sale at present

or just read the stuff and watch the videos - as everything tom says hold for the FREE FXcorrelator indicator i have available here

(although then our ways part as I have very different ways of using Strengthmeters than Tom)

N

Learning to trade Forex is actually very simple... in theory.

The fundamental idea is to buy a currency you are expecting to go up in price and pay for the purchase with a currency you think will be going down. The way money is made in Forex is the spread between the prices of two currencies. In other words, changes in price over time. That is exactly what a currency strength meter like the AccuStrength does.

Tools like the currency strength meter provide a crucial piece of information for making Foreign Exchange decisions. It tells you at a glance how strong the individual currencies are when stacked against all their peers. This should have been one of the first pieces of information you learned. But it wasn't. They taught you to look at pairs.

The meter arms you with knowledge of how a particular currency is doing against the others. Yes, you could go about figuring it out on your own, but that takes time that an intraday trader doesn't have.

Unlike pair charts, where one currency is measured against another,( eg. EUR/USD) the currency strength chart on the meter shows how a single currency measures against 7 others. Their "true strength" interactions can be observed. The calculations performed inside the currency strength meter measure the interactions with multiple pairs.

Visit the AccuStrength website now and take a look at the pictures and movies to see how the currency strength meter will fit into your trading methodology. Or, explore the simple ForexGrail currency strength trading system included with the purchase of the AccuStrength.

http://accustrength.com/pictures.htm

http://accustrength.com

and yes for all you eagle eyes that saw the dow bombing in that last post heres what was on offer last night in the us session

even better pips !!! (y)
N

Attachments

• yesterdays pm us session.jpg
    yesterdays pm us session.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 175
jees that USD is strong on the 5 mins........it will not get south of the 80/20mas !!!

watch this if dow stalls / falls

N

yen/usd sells are still in motion............I hate trusting the GBP though to pay the bills :eek:

N

Attachments

• correaltion.jpg
    correaltion.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 121
Euro and GBP have been in charge for a while now......they could overstay their welcome

N

Euro and GBP have been in charge for a while now......they could overstay their welcome

N

yep they sure did ..both have fallen since then :smart:

jees i'm still 1 hour behind myself here .....???

N

heres Lunch

its 12.48 by my clock in the uk (??)

and my charts are 1 hour behind as well.....

confused ? ......I am :LOL:

N

Attachments

• lunch.jpg
    lunch.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 165
jees - today is a spectator sport for many of the currencies so far :whistling

N

Attachments

• hmmmmm.jpg
    hmmmmm.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 145
Just discovered that FXCM do a CFD called US30 which I believe is a Dow proxy and they also do spot gold and spot oil CFDs.

Simultaneously discovered that even though I subscribe to FXCM data through DTN Telvent, I can't get the CFD data! Rats.

@Maggieo - I'm using Ninjatrader, which is what limits my options. So I am still searching for a 24-hour Dow proxy (that's not a future, either, since I don't want to start adding the complexity of futures contracts into my mechanical systems).

theres a guy on T2W called Jason Rogers who works for FXCM

if you want to contact him re help on that platform

n