Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Hey N,

I wanted to write the same as you.. we all would like to know something more about Petar´s approach. :cool:

thx, K

agreed - petar has a big thread and fanclub on FF so he may ask us to look there, but hey hes using a Strengthmeter so we may persuade him to be kind and explain in corrie language here (y)

he is incredibly consistent and a very very good trader

N

hey Petar

could you explain that fantastic channel approach you have on the 20ma again please ?

a lot of people are very impressed (y)

N

Thanks NVP for kind words,yea everything goes exatlcy as i planed,|GBP| has a lot of space for more down,JPY was in good down run on Asia ses and that is what i planed.I draw projection to be honest (drawing dont have strict rules) i just see that on chart,but that is many years of practice and wathcnig chart wich is absolutly key for every buissnese...:smart:

Current Cable >

Cheers
Petar

Attachments

• cablenow1.gif
    cablenow1.gif
    83.1 KB · Views: 140
Thanks NVP for kind words,yea everything goes exatlcy as i planed,|GBP| has a lot of space for more down,JPY was in good down run on Asia ses and that is what i planed.I draw projection to be honest (drawing dont have strict rules) i just see that on chart,but that is many years of practice and wathcnig chart wich is absolutly key for every buissnese...:smart:

Current Cable >

Cheers
Petar

Hey Peter

heres 3 currencies isolated on the 20ma 1 hour chart.......the yen and USD have broken the channel ....

what next with your experienced eyes please ? :smart:

N

Attachments

• channel trading .jpg
    channel trading .jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 137
touchdown GBP !!!!!!! :clap::cheers:

N

Attachments

• touchdown GBP.jpg
    touchdown GBP.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 107

Current Cable >

Cheers
Petar

jees petar ..........are you phychic ? :smart:

N

hey all

Lance has now created a Scalping version of his acclaimed price action trader course and I already have my pre-ordered edition hot from the press (for reading on my forthcoming holidays)

If you follow Lance then you will know his teaching and information is totally complete and detailed leaving nothing out......and is truly a masterclass for those who really are serious about trading price action

up there with the classics and incredible value compared to most of the Garbage we see that comes and goes (and is then sadly recycled again in its next format :rolleyes:)

10/10 (y)

http://www.yourtradingcoach.com/

N

Last edited:
hey all

back again....the tag team are looking weak currently so some possible buys around

Euro looks interesting and NZD if yuo like your currencies asleep

N

a tired trader is a bad trader.........:eek:

N

Hey, you know I know that!!!:sleep: Well it's morning now and I'm still tired...:LOL:

So I'm never gonna say I'm tired again if tired goes hand-in-hand with "bad trader", although you know what? I am. :eek: So far......

Okay back to business......I didn't see much of anything happening yesterday....confirm please?

Wake up everyone!!!! Student here chomping at the bits, reading page after page, taking notes, not understanding, but going through what students do, and waiting to here a wealth of information today on how best to operate this technique.

okay, I'm off to finish a composition....I will wait to see hear from you...and also I'll watch my lovely lines and see what Mr. Green and Ms. Yellow are up to this morning.

Hey N, (all)

I´m little bit inspired by Petar and his trend channels.. so I´m drawing some channels in indicators.. and it looks really amazing.. so we don´t see only momentary strength of currencies, but we can also estimate direction (of course unpredictable situations still does exist)

It makes me feel good... let´s improve it to perfection my T2W friends (y)

double click on picture

(used indicators: FXCOR-V5b 20/1, japaJZI)

K

Attachments

• 4 meny.jpg
    4 meny.jpg
    441.4 KB · Views: 142
btw, it´s great that two currency strength indicators (every based on different axiom) show enough similar curves. :cool:

k

we got 7 of the tag lines below zero from a possible 8 now ...........jees life dont get much better :cool:

N

Attachments

• 7 out of 8 aint bad .jpg
    7 out of 8 aint bad .jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 146
btw, it´s great that two currency strength indicators (every based on different axiom) show enough similar curves. :cool:

k

Hey all

the FXCorrelator is truly a piece of clay waiting to be moulded by artists like ourselves......it has no limitations or rules and i do not try to impose many........just a few to get people going and encourage them with results

my simple rules are sell the yen and dollar when they are both below the 20ma and 80ma Zero lines on ANY Timeframe .........and trade against any currency opposing them above the Zero

sure theres the dow (Equity correlation) on a sma 80 and sma 20 and you can use perhaps multiple timeframes for confirmation but thats it..........and they are not perfect , just my ideas

the rest is for you all to play with and develop..........look what Petar can do with the 20ma.........masterful (y)

make the FXcorrealtor your own tool and share here if you want :smart:

N

okay, I'm off to finish a composition....I will wait to see hear from you...and also I'll watch my lovely lines and see what Mr. Green and Ms. Yellow are up to this morning.

hey m

what do you see ?

tell us
N

I make no claims on the 80/20 system being perfect

its not....in fact its pretty basic compared to the bells and whistles I could attach to it re confirmation from :-

• multiple timeframes
  • advanced currency alignments and correlations
  • Equity correlations
  • Price action confirmation on the Trade pair
  • The ambient air pressure in venezuela......:whistling

but its all we have here on this thread.........

see below........a few pips on E/U...big Deal........why didnt we buy any of 4 other currencies instead ?.........hey thats the Art form....adding the rules and conditions that turn a basic system into a robust strategy for making consistent money....and its not easy and the path is cluttered with traps :cry:

I am so chuffed with all the activity i am seeing now from great traders here and those that will achieve greatness in time.........I have never been here to preach and never will be

so read post #1 (nearly 6,000 posts ago) and it all still rings true........we are sharing ideas

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...rading-basic-ideas-strategies.html#post875782

NVP

Attachments

• a few pips on the Euro .jpg
    a few pips on the Euro .jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 156
Hi NVP if we go on our fxcorrelation charts on MT4 and check the properties on the common to show grid i observed that it tells us the momentum of every currency pair on all time frames with the grid lines indicating the candle close.it becomes a very useful tool for timing as well what do you think?

decisions decisions......... :eek:
N

Attachments

• decisions decisions .jpg
    decisions decisions .jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 182
Hi NVP if we go on our fxcorrelation charts on MT4 and check the properties on the common to show grid i observed that it tells us the momentum of every currency pair on all time frames with the grid lines indicating the candle close.it becomes a very useful tool for timing as well what do you think?

hey K

can you illusrate more ?...........I need to see this :cool:

N;

hi NVP for good entries on the 5mins time frame i check the momentum of the pairs on the 1hr and 4hrs its either currencies pointing up down or flat.that indicates if i will get traction on the traded pair on the 5mins.

Attachments

• fxcorrelationcharts 3.gif
    fxcorrelationcharts 3.gif
    106.6 KB · Views: 204