Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

yeooucchh .....GBP is a real bugger sometimes :mad:

I hope the Euro sell into the tag team has made up for that

N

Attachments

• gbp is volatile.jpg
    gbp is volatile.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 130
the Dow futures chart (us30-gbp on my odl charts) has remained within a 30 point range now for over 12 hours

we need some direction bias here to fill the sails of our G8 currencies......

not this scrapping around !!!

so as I said earlier today (in my opinion) Scalping for 10-15 pips a time is safest option at present :smart:

N

Why thank you. I will take your advice. But so you know, I've actually been trading live for about 6 mos now and I did start in baby pips....LOL.....It's all you wonderful technical jargon that sweeps right over my head. But it's great to watch and learn.

read my big posts below in the Signature area......theyre interesting

sorry but no shortcut though to reading the whole thread.......its a long journey and yuo may find some interesting names and links you may want to contact along the way......and some awful songs and Videos as well :p

I have ploughed through all the biggest threads in Forex Factory and T2W and all revealed to me stuff that wasnt necessariy what I went there for.........its like a treasure hunt as only you know what you are looking for (or not, but I looked anyway)

N

ok dows finally breached north..

ensure it holds then look to sell the yen and usd if they line up below the Zero on 5mins :smart:

N

shame the GBP went so damn early as we have little else shaping up as a buy currency at the moment

N

watch the G/U ...........theres plenty more in GBP's tank to rise here

see the chart below ?.............plenty of space above it if needed

and did i miss the Euro Touchdown Friday and then again opening asian hours today ?

yes I did .......party time !!! :clap::cheers:

N

Attachments

• 5 mins stepback  .jpg
    5 mins stepback .jpg
    150 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
read my big posts below in the Signature area......theyre interesting

sorry but no shortcut though to reading the whole thread.......its a long journey and yuo may find some interesting names and links you may want to contact along the way......and some awful songs and Videos as well :p

I have ploughed through all the biggest threads in Forex Factory and T2W and all revealed to me stuff that wasnt necessariy what I went there for.........its like a treasure hunt as only you know what you are looking for (or not, but I looked anyway)

N

Absolutely, that's why I bookmark where I left off, just like reading a mystery wondering how it's going to end.

give the G/U and the E/U a little stoploss space and I think theres a few buy pips coming here

the G/U is a cheap punt up to the 00 surely ?

N

see how the Dow has retraced 15 points but the G/U and E/U are holding strongly ? (well so far)

if the dow now reverses back north we have some European buys

N

So I see in my M5 that the JPY & USD are below the 0
But in my M1 they are above

Conundrum?

Am I correct in thinking that I shouldn't trade?

dows holding and poss going north.............cmon G dammit Rise !!!!

if your watching the 5mins I took the strong push on G as a signal to trade

the yen and USd are marginal on the Zero's and could go eitehr way but I like the dow which is holding

I just need the damn USD to fall below the Zero's

N

usd has gone north against the play

If you entered the G/U youve lost a handful of pips at best or B/E ....sorry - thats trading

n

classic trading...........see how wrong I was !!! (but we were out befroe any damage done)

sit and wait for alignment again , Yen has to catch USD if they are going north now

N

I don't trade the 1M either. I was just looking at it for correlation for the M5, is this incorrect?

Hi M

nothing is incorrect in this thread......I just tend to use the 5min as my lowest timeframe

if you want to use the 1min as well please do ...... its a logical TF for scalping (y)

N