Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

@9:33 a.m., I've pulled up a new chart on GBPUSD for 1 min. yellow and green are above the 0. Now they also are above the 0 on M5. I've bailed out of all trades. Not a good morning so far, and I wait to be tutored here.

@9:37 a.m. H1, yellow and green are below the 0. On M5, yellow and green have made up and are above the 0. On M1, yellow and green are also above the 0. I'm not making any further trades until I know what I'm doing.

Changed my mind and @9:41 a.m sold CHF. Red and Blue below the 0 but are moving upwards. Since I think that it matters that they are moving upwards although on the bottom, with Yellow and Green on top, I think it matters what direction they are moving. Grey is looking good......then again volatile.

@9:51 closed CHF (grey) for positive pips; finally. Yellow and green are still friends above the 0, below on H1 and above on M1. Let's see now.

I know, I know, making a total fool of myself. That's okay....I'm beta testing...this is how a newbie would see all this without reading all the posts, although I've read through a third of them so far. It's a simple indicator and yet very complicated for those who have not been in it from the first, I hope you see that. What is simple to you is not neccesarily simple to a newcomer, althoug I've lurked in here for 6 mos or more. I'm not at all technical. I just need to understand how the indicator works because although simple, there are variables that one needs to watch out for. Yes? No?

I hope NVP is having a good holiday while I'm in here testing his indicator. Wait till he sees the mess I've made.

Ok, I've been studying hard.

It's 7:23 a.m., EST This morning I have made so far
+46 pips
+55 pips
+190 pips

Do I hear a round of applause?

wowww how did you do that please give me your secret????????????????????????????? then witch currency was out grrrrrrrrrrrrrr so didnt have time today what a shame
bravo

Oh, I was so hoping somewhat would applaud. I've worked really hard at this. Let's see here. I printed out my history to frame. LOL.

They were all sell. At 13:13 GMT sold EURUSD

Now I have to admit something here. I inadvertently bought this next stock and then about ten minutes later give or take, I thought oh hey this looks good, so I bought that stock, and wouldn't you know it? It was the same stock. LOL. So....I just got lucky here.....not brilliant....but pretty good.

At 13:31 GMT sold CADJPY
At 13:26 GMT sold CADJPY

CAD was the hot one.....I think.

The thing I have been noticing over and over again, and I don't know if this is taught here because I still haven't gotten through all of the darn posts, is that sure Yellow and Green have to be together at least at this point for me in technique, either on top or on the bottom of the 0. If yellow and green are on the top, you sell what's on the bottom and vice versa. But I was losing money left and right until I noticed this. If yellow and green are on the top and you are planning to sell say (Red), then Red should be moving downwards. If it's moving upwards even though it's below the 0, it's going to give you negative pips.

If yellow and green are on the bottom and red is on top, you're going to buy. But here again , I noticed that the only way I get pips is if red is moving upwards! Makes sense to me and it works for me.

But because I don't know what I'm doing, I have to sit here and watch them like a hawk, because I don't know when to bail out and I think I could have done far better had I stayed in longer a couple of times. What I do is watch and when they start trending in the opposite direction, I watch them for a bit longer. If they seem to continue to want to move in this opposite direction then I either buy/sell. But I have noticed a few times over the last couple of days that when I did that they reversed again and thought oh darn. But I was still happy with my little pips. So now what I do, is I immediately close the chart I was working on so that I have no regrets because that is a bad thing for me.

You see, if I see that it reverses for more pips after I've bought/sold, then I might get in the habit of waiting too long (greedy) and then start losing pips again. It's too much work waiting for them to go back up and like I said, I sit here and stare at them.

But I'm a composer, so what I do is work on a piece of music and have the music screen and the MT4 screen side by side so I can do both! That way I don't feel like I'm wasting my time. LOL.

It started yesterday afternoon when I kept observing this little thing and decided to act on it. It's probably actually what I should have been doing all along, I don't know.....I'll have to ask NVP when he returns. So I started doing what I said and lo and behold, I think that almost every trade I made, I made pips. Sometimes it would reverse in the negative, but as long as green and yellow were on top and let's say again, red was on the bottom and even though it reversed, my gut instinct told me to wait it out and it would reverse again as long as yellow and green stayed on the top.

The ones where I lost were when yellow and green moved into the same town as red. Then I had to bail out quick. LOL.

But so far, that's how I use this----right or wrong.

It's 15:24 GMT
Green and yellow are on the bottom. Blue, Red, Orange, Grey, are on top. The only one that is trending upwards is blue. So I bought blue, let's see what happens.

It's already giving me positive pips. Now it's gone negative because it's moving sideways. Oh oh, it's trending down. I'll watch it for a bit. Yellow is trying to cross over to the top and in fact has by a smidgen. Blue is back down. I'm waiting to see if yellow will retrace or if blue will trend up. Okay, now yello has popped back down a bit and blue is now moving up a bit. But I don't like the looks of it. Negative pips again. Now positive. I'm at about 44 pips right now. Yellow is moving up again, so I think I'm going to get out soon here.

Okay yellow was moving up too far and was making me nervous, but even though it was in the same town as blue, blue did keep moving up for awhile. At the first indication that it was trending down and yellow was in his town I decided to sell. My result?

+56 pips.

So that's how I do it. I hope NVP doesn't take out his bb gun and shoot me for not following the rules that I don't understand yet. LOL. But hey, I'm having a good morning. When momentum slows down is when I'm off and run errands or clean house etc...I know that it picks up again anywhere around 3 to 5 pm.

Sheesh, I kept the chart up as I typed in here and I could have made more pips. So that's why I usually just minimize it.

Fun!

hi maggieo i posted same observation as your last post on page 850 post 6800. easy technique to use and quick money.it fine tunes entries as well when you know where the currencies are pointing. up,down or flat and gives you the pairs to choose from.if you look at your 1hr and 4hrs it is awesome thanks to NVP for making the correlator available for free

Oh hi, I just walked in. Been busy with appointments all day. Thanks Kolapol. I'm gonna run right over and check those posts out and you bet.......a great big hug to NVP and everyone else who helped put this together and are offering it to us to play with. A big hug to you to for your interest and help.

well down my friend bravo,bravo but tell me before you enter any trade yes i know the green and yellow has too be either over the line or under then trade the one opposite but when you start too trade the currency what level on moving average you start enter your trade i thing that hes crucial then what level on moving average you get out of the trade not too lose pips ?????????//
thanks god blessed

Sorry, I just saw this and it 12:40 a.m. EST so I'm tired. I'm new here Banawa and I'm just playing. I am not a technical guru or analyst. I really don't know what I'm doing.

All that I can tell you is that I observe then I react. But I react following the ruless in the hundreds of posts I've read in here and I'm still not done reading. So you need to address that question to someone else who is in the know. Sorry.

hey all

a few problems logging in at the hotel......

the manager and staff are good guys so i am in the office using the only pc and link that sems to work presently !!!

will be back online one we can get the links up..

later ? :whistling

N

Sorry, I just saw this and it 12:40 a.m. EST so I'm tired. I'm new here Banawa and I'm just playing. I am not a technical guru or analyst. I really don't know what I'm doing.

All that I can tell you is that I observe then I react. But I react following the ruless in the hundreds of posts I've read in here and I'm still not done reading. So you need to address that question to someone else who is in the know. Sorry.

hey M

usually someone around to help and jees your recent pippage succedd
seems to indicate you are already in the groove

ok gotta go as the office staff need the PC.......:rolleyes:

adious
N

hey M

usually someone around to help and jees your recent pippage succedd
seems to indicate you are already in the groove

ok gotta go as the office staff need the PC.......:rolleyes:

adious
N

Hi Neil,

it´s good to see you online again, how are you there my friend (except internet problems ? - I hope it´s gonna solve quickly)

btw N, you said a few days ago something about presentation about your trading approach for some traders community (i´m not sure..it was there, on your holiday ?)... and it would be there any possibility to stream it, or record.. I´d like to see it :cool:

so enjoy your free time and restart yourself ;)

K

Here is something I've learned today. It's not good to trade when the market is moving sideways. I've had a bad morning, nothing to weep about but sad. Everything I touched reversed with one or two exceptions. I couldn't figure out why everything was reversing so quickly and then I realized, perhaps instead of just looking at my lines, I need to look at the whole picture. Once I did that, I realized the market is moving sideways. So...I still have a couple of trades going, one I think will be okay, the other I'll bail out on.

So gotta watch it and not just concentrate on one part of this wonderful indicator. There are many variables to take into consideration, my bad.

I need to look at the whole picture.

Maggieo, you answered yourself, that´s it. You CAN´T open possition without as you said whole picture.

You should definitely know something about basics of technical analysis like support/resistance levels, how to recognize trend, basics of correlation between pairs, watch the news carefully etc..

I know, it sucks.. but you don´t have to be rocket scientist to absorb it.. it´s all about experiences :!:

don´t give it up (y)

K

Last edited: