Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

apologies !!

hi all .one more post then...

I think my remote had frozen when i took that last jpeg ....?

anyway the breaks have kinda worked as predicted.....let the markets get into the ground floor on the 1m elevator before starting to sell GBP vs usd....

or you could be a bold one and start selling as those horiz lines get breached on the middle bigger 1m 1000/1 corrie chart.....

later dudes...........
N

Attachments

• update.jpg
    update.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 167
I must go now !!!!!!

sorry one more..........look how GBP reneged on the deal and went south instead...

this is an uncorrelated sell........!!!

the markets say up in all the elevators .....wait for GBP to rise....or turn to Euro that has been playing the game more than GBP now for about an hour.........

N

Attachments

• uncorrelated moves GBP.jpg
    uncorrelated moves GBP.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 176
Sell euro/usd

Attachments

• sell euro .jpg
    sell euro .jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 170
sorry - terrible call..walked straight into a pinbar and markets turned on the 1m as well !!!

N

Attachments

• poo.jpg
    poo.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 199
Please Shoot me now

all tihs going on and i've been missing the recent buy GBP trade again ?

N

Attachments

• shoot me now.jpg
    shoot me now.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 173
Just do it

you dont need instructions now do you ?

4830 Euro
6384 GBP

n

Attachments

• just do it.jpg
    just do it.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 167
Forget it......Euro never breached that pinbar and about 5 pips lost on the GBP...sorry

N

actually i'm seeing real potential for selling the europair here now.........:eek:

its consolidating and GBP has hit that 1m Resistance line

Timber !!!!!

yep...looking good...1min elevator moving back in line with the 30m elevator

prefer to get the 5m midddle elevator a liltle more tuned down and see at least 1
LL on the GBP 1m 1000/1

Attachments

• timber.jpg
    timber.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 159
jesus give us a break !

Sell GBP on 6362.......:eek:

NVP

Attachments

• sell GBP.jpg
    sell GBP.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 243
this s/be happening........ but its not !!

so pull out b/e I think

no harm done then..........

Fascinating........

look how Gold and CAD are joining the other markets in the ground floor of the 1m Elevator (far left Chart)
this keeps the Tag (USD) going upwards and is slowing any pull back the GBP is trying....

the markets and GBP are virtually all in the ground floor now of the 3 elevators !

a bit more momentum to come hopefully and this could become a real good sell europair sell move !

the GBP and USD breached those 30m's a while back as well....who to believe ? :eek:

N

Attachments

• markets 1m.jpg
    markets 1m.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 187
Shut up nvp !!!

sorry guys...........i am like a puppy dog today chasing its tail :LOL:

gonna ease out of chair at the moment or JRP will soon be stepping in to tell me
to shut up and be happy with the early action and pips that I am now desperately trying
to give back to the market

of course this Thread is very self indulgent at the moment and I have a complete Trading diary for this
morning to look back at at later and see where I was making rash decisions and calls

problem is you can see it as well :eek:...oh well I didnt say I was a professional
trader did I !

N

Attachments

• red card.jpg
    red card.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 379
Last edited:
I cant believe i'm doing this after last post...............:eek:

this is what I see....virtually everything is at bottom of Elevators that should be there

markets consolidating and getting tighter and tighter (indicating big move coming)

so sell GBP on braking 6350 !

N

Attachments

• sell GBP.jpg
    sell GBP.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 197
Buenos Dias N and everyone else,

There I was last night posting that markets could be quiet after last Friday's shock NFP data release and what happens? Yes Simon, forecasting and you go together about as well as politicians and tell no lies! Its price action that dictates to us whats happening and nothing else for sure.

The week starts off with a bang on the G/U with a short entered on the opening 08:15 bar at 64217 (max adverse excursion was just under 3 pips) and price chugged on downwards without looking back until my exit during the 09:20 bar (taken out by tightened TS) at 63584 for a very welcoming 60 plus pips profit. Banked that for this pair for the day.

Bit of a copy cat trade on the E/U, opened a sell stop order at 48447 which was filled sometime during the 08:25 bar with no real MAE to panic about, price headed on south and I was taken out during the 09:25 bar at 47894 for 55 pips profit - banked that for the day for blah, blah.

The chop monster snapped at my heels on the E/G and managed to sink its sharp teeth into whatever direction I traded - ouch! Took a long at 08:25 at 90492 and had to promptly stop-and-reverse (SaR) during the 08:55 bar for a 10 pip loss then my new long position was taken out near the high of the 09:55 bar for yet another loss of 12 pips - two on the trot equals bye bye E/G for me today.

N, your corrie was great for all trades (good and bad!) this morning and there was nothing to be done when G/U went up the hill and fell down the other side after the initial and nice drop down first thing post London picking up the bun fight, and at this time of posting all my favourite crosses (well, apart from that naughty E/G!) seem to be caught in a small moving range so I'll probably leave the pc screens for a while and go and get all the Christmas stuff down from the loft as my youngest daughter made it very clear over breakfast that all the shops had theirs up, so where is ours? Ahhh, the logic of the young!

Trade well and regards,
Simon.

in....hold out till say 58 S/Los............cummon :mad:

NVP

guess what ? :cry:

well I could have got out for B/E anyway.........

Buenos Dias N and everyone else,

There I was last night posting that markets could be quiet after last Friday's shock NFP data release and what happens? Yes Simon, forecasting and you go together about as well as politicians and tell no lies! Its price action that dictates to us whats happening and nothing else for sure.

The week starts off with a bang on the G/U with a short entered on the opening 08:15 bar at 64217 (max adverse excursion was just under 3 pips) and price chugged on downwards without looking back until my exit during the 09:20 bar (taken out by tightened TS) at 63584 for a very welcoming 60 plus pips profit. Banked that for this pair for the day.

Bit of a copy cat trade on the E/U, opened a sell stop order at 48447 which was filled sometime during the 08:25 bar with no real MAE to panic about, price headed on south and I was taken out during the 09:25 bar at 47894 for 55 pips profit - banked that for the day for blah, blah.

The chop monster snapped at my heels on the E/G and managed to sink its sharp teeth into whatever direction I traded - ouch! Took a long at 08:25 at 90492 and had to promptly stop-and-reverse (SaR) during the 08:55 bar for a 10 pip loss then my new long position was taken out near the high of the 09:55 bar for yet another loss of 12 pips - two on the trot equals bye bye E/G for me today.

N, your corrie was great for all trades (good and bad!) this morning and there was nothing to be done when G/U went up the hill and fell down the other side after the initial and nice drop down first thing post London picking up the bun fight, and at this time of posting all my favourite crosses (well, apart from that naughty E/G!) seem to be caught in a small moving range so I'll probably leave the pc screens for a while and go and get all the Christmas stuff down from the loft as my youngest daughter made it very clear over breakfast that all the shops had theirs up, so where is ours? Ahhh, the logic of the young!

Trade well and regards,
Simon.

masterly post JRP......hes already finished for the day dudes........!

I am not worthy.........(or is it the drink ?) :cheesy:

NVP

Attachments

• not worthy.jpg
    not worthy.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 163
Last edited: