Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Corrie roundup 6.50 am 2nd Dec

morning.........:sleep:

slowwwww night yen has fallen further (with GBP ? :|)..but pretty dead at the moment...

GBP fell after hitting that 4h resistance level on last thread.......Yen just kept falling overnight from yesterdays unwind...and look at that looovvveelly breach on the 30m right hand side corrie earlier on........makes you want to start trading it ! :sneaky:

ok what else do i see ?

the quackometer (settings now adjusted by me....read threads yesterday :innocent: )

says that cad (purple) and Aussie D seem popular at the buy end of the elevator....with Yen (yellow) an I suppose USD (Green) mainly in that bottom half of the table

the index (small one) is pretty non commital as markets still sleeping mainly

its all starting to warm up now as I speak .....i'd say follow the quackometer as the Tag (espec Yen) look to be setting up weakish so far

buy Cad/AUD Sell Yen/USD........:eek:

that is all ........be careful out there (y)
N

PS - later on i'm launching my own Apprentice show competition on this thread :cry:

Attachments

• corrie roundup 6.jpg
    corrie roundup 6.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 181
update 8.50ish....

Ouch !

sorry about that kickback dudes....the Yen and USD especially did not want to continue down and rallied a little....:eek:

so whats the lesson..............if this is supposed to be a Thread discussing and using correlation strategies i need to be doing that !

the small market index corrie was non committal re any direction - but I still opened my mouth and called some potential trades/biases.???...:cry:

you live and learn...............

N

Last edited:
9am update

heres the score............

the Tag are showing a downwards bias so far and i 'm assuming markets have opened
positively.....to support this.as I speak though the markets are all falling so this should drive Tag back upwards.....but they're not (?)

soooooo..........this means that the Tag have a negative bias despite the 5m action on the Markets.......:sneaky:

so whos lying .....the markets or the TAG ? :eek:

N

Attachments

• 9am 2nd Dec.jpg
    9am 2nd Dec.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Less talk...more posts

hmmmm

Attachments

• Tag going down.jpg
    Tag going down.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 184
as it comes !!

go go go go !

Attachments

• buy GBP sell USD.jpg
    buy GBP sell USD.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 170
oopps the 30m 1000/1 may be an issue ???

missed that 30m Resistance line for GBP...........oops :eek:

Attachments

• call issues.jpg
    call issues.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 182
less is more...........

By the way................you are not seeing things

ive removed a few currencies from the charts as most of you are wanting to see mainly the USD, Euro and GBP in action......I've left on yen in all + could dnt resist leavign all the G8 on the 4h elevator chart ......

ok....moving on then in a controlled objective way...

RISE GBP DAMMIT !!! :mad:

N

cumon !!!

I would have got in around 6628 on the Pair....just covering the spread
at the moment ............

N

quids in now........

its not moving as fast as i'd like but quids in now....

n

Attachments

• scalp.jpg
    scalp.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 179
oooo....this is nice !

shes still going ...........move up stop losses and hang in for the ride :eek:

N

Attachments

• luvvly jubbly .jpg
    luvvly jubbly .jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 134
20 pips banked....

voila ......(y)

I sam not a full time trader....I dont even trade real dinaros at the moment....this stuff is my research work to find an edge and trade the markets again one day.......correlation works !

join us and post like I am, learning and sharing ideas and thoughts as we go

what have you got to lose ?
N

Attachments

• stop loss moved.jpg
    stop loss moved.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
yum Yum...

ok i've made my point :p

N

Attachments

• its still going.jpg
    its still going.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 138
JRP....are you lovvin it ?

i'm sure he is compardres....i'm sure he is (y)

N

THE APPRENTICE (sssss)

(Gruff cockney voice)

right you lot.....who wants to be an apprentice then on this Thread ?

all you got to do is load my corrie(s) and start playing and posting....and me and my team will help you along the way explaining it all as we go.....

what have you got to lose ?

Sir Alan corrie

Attachments

• sir alan.jpg
    sir alan.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 146
The Apprentice - A great show !!

jees ........I still watch the Apprentice but to be honest its more like a business version of Big Brother these days......1st series was stunning and much better than Mr Trumps original US version which was hilarious just to see his "hair" moving around

The winner only gets a 6 figure salary and 18 hour days with mr S..... whilst the runners up all generally achieve Z class celebrity status and appear on dodgy TV shows as presenters or Business experts for the masses....Blonde hair and a pretty face seem to help :whistling

and another thing .......if theyre our "crem de la crem" candidates why no bloody job amongst them...........hmmm s/be a bumper crop next series then due to recession !

anyway I'm taking on Apprentices now so contact me at my T2W home page

AND I PROMISE THAT NOBODY GETS FIRED (except me if I screw up ! :eek: )

N

Re: JRP....are you lovvin it ?

i'm sure he is compardres....i'm sure he is (y)

N

Hi and morning N,

Quick break from today's bun fight to list what I "saw" for trading so far....

Took a long on E/U after it touched previous opening high then got stopped out with tight SL as I didnt like the way it was mincing around after that 08:25 spike bar, but I see its now going back up again to test last HHV point.

Easy and lovely jubbly trade on G/U right at 08:05 which shot up after a wee stagger - am still (unusually for me) riding this wave but looking to close out around 1.66760 ish mark.

For my old favourite, E/G, I simply waited to see if 0.91065 or 0.90960 was breached, and sure enough come 08:25 it was the latter value so took the short and am still in this one as well, although its now slithering towards my TS of 0.90637 mark.

Another good start to the daily session and corrie was flashing all over the shop like a Christmas tree.

Update:- Been taken out of my G/U and E/G trades, nice runs though!

Trade well and regards,
Simon.

the elevator quackometer

we gotta get a better name !!

anyway notice ive stripped it on the left to just 4 currencies all TF's now

notice also what you will also see a lot of the time

Tag team together either above or below the Zero...and the Euro pair the other side of the tracks in the good ole correlation tradition....

thats the way of the world when things are moving smoothly and trades have high probabilites of delivering dinaros......

so we have on the chart :-

the corrie market index (low TF's...14/3 setting)....Tag team and 5 market indices
the Quackometer elevator....5m (60/1) 30m(60/1) 4H (45/1)....(X6 multiples)
the basic corrie 1000/1 - 3 TF's (1m 5m 30m) to identify S/R lebvels and Price patterns

game on.........
N

Attachments

• business as ususal.jpg
    business as ususal.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 187

Hi and morning N,

Quick break from today's bun fight to list what I "saw" for trading so far....

Took a long on E/U after it touched previous opening high then got stopped out with tight SL as I didnt like the way it was mincing around after that 08:25 spike bar, but I see its now going back up again to test last HHV point.

Easy and lovely jubbly trade on G/U right at 08:05 which shot up after a wee stagger - am still (unusually for me) riding this wave but looking to close out around 1.66760 ish mark.

For my old favourite, E/G, I simply waited to see if 0.91065 or 0.90960 was breached, and sure enough come 08:25 it was the latter value so took the short and am still in this one as well, although its now slithering towards my TS of 0.90637 mark.

Another good start to the daily session and corrie was flashing all over the shop like a Christmas tree.

Update:- Been taken out of my G/U and E/G trades, nice runs though!

Trade well and regards,
Simon.

Thanks JRP.......and sounds like a decent morning for you so far..........unfortunately the corrie on the "derestricted" 1000/1 setting will spread its wings in all directions when the prices are rocking and I dont know how to control the page settings to ensure is all stays in the window.....full page setting is ok but that stops you eyeballing the other charts !.........a nice problem to have if you've back the right horses though as a corrie off the page is mucho market volatiliaro....

Simon ....if i'm Sir Alan are you gonna be Nick or ms Karen Brady whos joining the team ? (Tee hee)

N

GBP unstoppable ?

wow............Red sure is the colour today !

thats biggie chart is the 5m 1000/1 corrie expanded to accommodate the BIGdivergence of GBP and Yen on the chart

Euro's volatility upwards is negligable compared to GBPs action and the Yen has shown the USD a clean pair of heels in the downward department

Remember this scenario from previous dronings from me ?...............

Perfect correlation pattern.........

GBP up fastest with Euro following (slower)
YEN down fastes with USD following (slower)
indices/markets supporting above by opposing the Tag direction

and vice versa of course.......

all good things come to an end though and I bet my donald trump wig collection that JRP is
looking to buy Euro against the GBP when things start to reverse .....(soon ?)

N

N

Attachments

• GBP is unstoppabe.jpg
    GBP is unstoppabe.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:

Hi N,

Yeah, viewing restrictions can sometimes be a probem with your corrie indy but thats not to much of a worry as second screen cost is so low with all that re-po equipment out there....

Can I audition for Nick role? He sees through all that jibber jabber speak and spots the fakes!

Trade well and regards,
Simon.