Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Re: JRP....are you lovvin it ?

Hi N,

Yeah, viewing restrictions can sometimes be a probem with your corrie indy but thats not to much of a worry as second screen cost is so low with all that re-po equipment out there....

Can I audition for Nick role? He sees through all that jibber jabber speak and spots the fakes!

Trade well and regards,
Simon.

ummm...........I quite fancied you in the Karen Brady role....what do you look like in a dress ? :eek:

N

Re: A message from your sponsor !

Hi everyone ...........

actually i am issuing a steady number of corries so thankyou....

please post and join the party though (tee hee).....: :whistling

This question has not been asked of me much so far in the private Messages, so I reproduce this now to state my intentions re this thread and the future.....:smart:

Hi there,
Thanks for your reply.
How come you have a licencing agreement for this? And what will you ultimately be vending?
Thanks

Hi Mate,

My ultimate ambition is to have a private forum dedicated to correlation strategies across all markets...not just Forex

This forum may attract a joining and ongoing subscription but thats way off in the future....(imagine a correlation version of the "James16" legendary Threads and private forums)

The FXcorrelator is one of the anchors for this and is testing quite nicely so far.........it's approach is not unique and theres plenty of similar stuff out there - but this is my interpretation of a Strengthmeter and I am adding as much identity and propriety to it as possible.....

I was told by a fellow programmer to put some licencing blurb up so that 's whats there.....anyone who joins in can offer help and advice in improving it but I do not want it appearing in every Forum and e-bay under the name of johns orgasmatron strengthometer for $199 a time when I am prepared to help Fellow traders and give it away for free.

join the party and test it (and post please !)....I am not charging for the FXcorrelator indicator and never will...

Cheers
N

nuff said ?...........(y)

hmm - the debate continues on this subject and I am realising we have some people that are nervous to load the corrie due my licensing agreement on my home page

is this really an issue everyone ? :(

OK if this is the case .... I just need just 5 PM's from people who want the Indicator (and are prepared to offer input to the thread on a daily basis) but are scared of the Licencing agreement and I will send it to you all unlicenced from now on ! (y)

N

Last edited:

Hi N,

Maybe a brief explanation into licence agreement would help people here, ie why you (correctly) require this plus also fact its got a "wealth" warning for incorrect application and no come-back to author. Also tell everyone if they dont like it then simply cancel LA with you and delete indy - theres no hassle like clickbank refunds or "... show me your trades/charts for a decision ..."!!

Trade well and regards,
Simon.

Hi N,

Maybe a brief explanation into licence agreement would help people here, ie why you (correctly) require this plus also fact its got a "wealth" warning for incorrect application and no come-back to author. Also tell everyone if they dont like it then simply cancel LA with you and delete indy - theres no hassle like clickbank refunds or "... show me your trades/charts for a decision ..."!!

Trade well and regards,
Simon.

good points JRP....I actually had forgot about the Wealth warning on it that is certainly needed to protect me from anyone who is daft enough to blame the FXcorrelator for losses incurred on Trading decisions taken ! (nothings perfect)

sorry....i'm afraid I am not like the Goverments of this planet who have given Banks all their losses back after their disasterous Trading mistakes last year !

that must stay........

N

THE FXCORRELATOR latest version is here !

Hi all

ok heres the latest version - default setting is 1000/1 with all 8 Lines on the chart

In loading this software you have agreed to the terms and conditions below

I can assure you that nothing is out of the ordinary regarding below and anything you have purchased trading systems wise will have the same blurb....you will have probably agreed to it without knowing as you parted with whatever Greenery was required for the pleasure of its usage.....:rolleyes:

I am not in anyway saying you cannot play with the settings and setups...in fact I want it to be tested by you all and we can discuss Ideas on this site...I am being a legalese pain in the wotsit mainly for the reason below

If you ever end up paying or seeing advertised something very similar to this - let us know here and we will try to stop the process continuing.....it is a free indicator !

no excuses not to post and ask questions now then !(y)
N

Attachments

• Licencing1.jpg
    Licencing1.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,397
  • Licencing2.jpg
    Licencing2.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 948
  • Licencing3.jpg
    Licencing3.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 834
  • FXCORRELATOR.ex4
    5.6 KB · Views: 2,565
  • FXCORRELATOR.mq4
    4.2 KB · Views: 3,363
Last edited:
1pm update

eh voila......

GBP consolidating ...I refuse to say if its gonna fly again ! :innocent:

Yen looks like shaping for a fall ?

5m market index potentially saying markets will fall a little and tag rise ?

look at the GBP on the elevator charts...cant get any higher in all 3 TF's !

N

Attachments

• 1pm update.jpg
    1pm update.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 2,346
GBP under pressure now.......

hmm..yen making bullish noises and GBP coming under more pressure

the market index showign signs of fatigue and tag could rise soon

ive put some breach lines in to help.....

hmmmm :sneaky:

N

Attachments

• pressure.jpg
    pressure.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 2,482
fast sell suggestion...........?

n

Attachments

• fast sell.jpg
    fast sell.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 743
fast sell suggestion...........?

n

I still like this....hold ...hold....wait for it...

the entry setup on the GBPusd chart is around where the 1m 1000/1 has that red breach line (ive added again below)

N

Attachments

• fast sell.jpg
    fast sell.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 654
Last edited:
Nice Scalp.....now more please GBP !!

Hi all

away a while......

yum yum 10 pips banked ....and I think we may get more by selling the red one .....?:

waddya think ? :sneaky:

look for 10 fast pips going in at 6664

N

Attachments

• sterling calls.jpg
    sterling calls.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 843
liking it more and more............

the elevators are pointing down & index says markets falling

fingers crossed ...any minute !

N

Attachments

• cummon.jpg
    cummon.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 544
trade on..........

JRP will tell me later that theres no momentum......but i learn thru pain !

N

show me the money ?

I dont get it ............we should be already 10 pips up now as the markets have really fallen in last few minutes ???

N

Attachments

• show me the money.jpg
    show me the money.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 200
thank you.........about time..........(y)

move stops keep playing.....

N

Attachments

• AAAAAHHHH.jpg
    AAAAAHHHH.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 212
better and better.........

Attachments

• better and better.jpg
    better and better.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 193
game over......come out for the moment

10-15 pips ?

N

PS - I have a confession to make....forget the marketeer style profit stuff above as if we were scalping there was a big wobble for 2-3 bars (I was already in) before it moved down big time.....depends how much your appettite is for stops ?....Went up to 72 before going south so you could easily have been stopped out entering at the 64 level......

if I had said 6662 as entry it would have been a pure trade ...........(2 pips diff !!)

but what do I know as i'm not trading at the moment ! :eek:

anyway the point is made.........the market came together in correlation terms didnt it !! (y)

remember at one point earlier (# 513) I was screaming at the charts as the markets had moved down but the GBP sat frozen....then it sprang down following the markets (y)

N

Last edited:
Hey dudes !...with your shiny new FXcorrelator loaded up....:cool:

but perhaps restricted to just the 4 main currencies I am using (Yen, USD, GBP, EuRO) at the moment - you're sometimes gonna get views like this........in the last few minutes they have all been moving up or neutral on the 1000/1's.........??

not rocket science .......it means that some (all?) the other missing currencies are FALLING to balance this all out....(currency Strength on the Corrie is a zero sum game...has to be)....in this case its actually the CAD that has fallen a little.

dont worry ....i'm sure a decent signal will occur again soon ! (y)

do whatever you want and play with the settings please - it wont bite...and let me know what you like to use ....we are here to test its capabilities and uses :smart:

N

Attachments

• missing currencies.jpg
    missing currencies.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
what a day !

wow .......I hopefully showed you a couple of pips here and there courtesy of mr corrie earlier real time....plus my shiny corrie indicator is back on the Thread and available to download.....good day !

JRP....you bin winning m'man ?...tougher this afternoon ?

Cheers
N

Re: what a day !

Hi N,

Just back from my eldest daughter's A level drama show, amazed at how many lines she actually had to reel off - how do they do it?

Stopped trading at mid afternoon as chop monster was evident across the three plays of G, U and E, had to stop anyway as two losses in a row for me equals exit stage left! Was real tough and ate into my morning profits but hey-ho, still stayed ahead on the day. Saw your last G/U trade and yes, there was a distinct lack of momentum so hanging in there was risky but it did pay off for you a few bars later - well done there.

Looks like tomorrow (03-12-09) could be fairly low key as markets wait in trepidation of the infamous Friday NFP data release, so its half normal staking for me plus tight stops and low TP targets.

Great news on your releasing the corrie indy for download to everyone and lets hope we get more people using it so we can pool ideas in the run up to the festive holiday period - whats going to be in Santa's sack I wonder?

Trade well and regards,
Simon.