Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

in amongst the carnage at the moment the classic correlation pattern is happening

Tag are rising but lead by more agressive Yen
Euro & GBP are falling with GBP more volatile faller

(ok I admit the Euro is not exactly collapsing but this is the real world of pattern
recognition/Trading......and not a Sterile classroom reviewing last years charts !)

this is pattern number 1 in the play book !!!:smart:

N

Attachments

• classic pattern number 1.jpg
    classic pattern number 1.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 243
Trading heaven........

AAAHHH .....if only Trading were always like this !!

look at that tiny corrie index meter on the 5m (14/3) chart now....tag attack upwards !!

FTSE opened bravely (like the Dax) but has now already lost 20-30 pips. its not shown directly as a chart here but its the red line in the corrie index chart already going south below the zero line and following the dax (Blue) and the Gray S&P which is a futures feed.......... the FTSE can be a little sluggish due to its heavy mix of Defensives vs the others but thats another story...its going down as well now

N

Attachments

• trading heaven.jpg
    trading heaven.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Getting interesting !

ok ....hopefully a few pipitoes in the bank shorting GBP to USD but now the fun starts
with our new addition to the family

see below.........I always like the Euro USD play (Sell Euro buy USD) as its a little more safer that the GBP once the intital GBP volatility play has faded......and now GBP is even blasting up in same direction as the Tag !

but the T60/1 tells me dont even think about it.....the Blue Euro Lines are still ABOVE the USD (Green lines) on the 1H and 4H "elevators" so no Trade......sure theyre both pointing as if they want to make the trade...but only the 5m has the USD above the Euro......so sit on Hands NVP :eek:

it is letting me buy Euro and sell GBP if I want though as they are stacked for a trade ? (JRP are you digging this duck ?)

who introduced this young quacking upstart to our party ? :mad:

N

Attachments

• what to do.jpg
    what to do.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
damn....have to work for a living !

until later my fellow correlator compardres ...........

anyone who wants the corrie go to my T2W home page and just ask.....its free and all I ask is to participate here please on the thread :cool:

i'm bored of my own drivel.....and the ducks are driving me mad already !

N

The ducks are always right ?

I dont believe it..........

look at the Euro now fighting back against the GBP...the Duck called that trade perfectly a while back for a fast scalp.....!!!

Beginners luck as they are just 2 day old chicks ! :mad:

Yep - the Euro is now following up the Tag up a little on the 1m 1000/1 corrie with GBP falling again....so it was a great call Ducky boys !(y)

N

Attachments

• the duck is right.jpg
    the duck is right.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
what is going on ?

do you see how it is impossible to trade and test !

these systems are difficult to back test as they involve multiple timeframes and on the 1000/1 corries especially its all subjective calls....

so you eyeball and test, and test, and test instead of trading........until you are happy and have some core strategies in place

can i have more eyeballs to help please ? :p

N

Smart **** Ducky says remember the CAD !

oh so so sorry my feathered friends.....:mad:

they say dont forget CAD who is above the USD is all 3 TF T60/1 charts

i've put them on the 1000/1's just this once to show what the ducky gang mean

(CAD is brown)

JEES.....i'm gonna have a roast dinner before the week is out (y)

N

Attachments

• CAD as well.jpg
    CAD as well.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 205
Go and study the 3 duck strategy by Captain Currency

ive got to go now......

please have alook at CC's stuff especially the 3 ducks system and his great comments and advice .....we are going to need people here on this thread to tell me what the hells going on and keep the ducks under control !

later......
N

Attachments

• ducky boys.jpg
    ducky boys.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 154
Yen has fallen enough ?

out the door but look at this.........

the small 5m corrie index has the Yen at the bottom of chart with the indices just above it....thats a real big non correlation signal on this chart and personally I think the yen is about to move up again to rebalance it

so watch the 1000/1's for the ride back up !

see you later.....and someone feed the ducks please...:p
N

Attachments

• Yen has fallen enough.jpg
    Yen has fallen enough.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 145
here comes the yen

theres the 1m 1000/1 with a yellow bar line...as yen crosses that its systems north again

with respect to the Ducks they're lowest TF is only 5m setting....so they cannot compete with the 1m 1000/1 corrie for speeeeed into trades..bless em !

N

Attachments

• Yen signal.jpg
    Yen signal.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 215
finally yen is going up with USd

Sell AUD......

outa here !
N

Attachments

• buy tag sell AUD.jpg
    buy tag sell AUD.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 171
what scalping is all about..

back for a second

heres what happened re above..I would never recommend scalping the Yen against the non tag team (tooo volatile & spread is Crap) so above was a call on sell AUD and buy USD

ive loaded the AUDUSD chart and shown the lines...not bad but I am not going to lie in this was touch and go dependent on when you got in....could range from small loss as if you didnt take the first offer of around 3-4 pips on the the first drop (and then bottled)....if you rode that one hoping it would continue down you were then rewarded with up to 10 pips in the frame before it retraces back completely..........Scalping is not for the faint hearted..I call it smash and grab trading !

still I cant wait for 10 years a time to show you Corrie action and patterns on the 4hours TF's so this is how we do it.........the Corries are probably more effective trading LT strategies but do that stuff once youv'e mastered the corry

I could load up bags of examples of corrie being devestating on daily & 4h charts....but thats easy and frankly a cop out as I could just cherry pick and make it seem 100% effective (like most marketeers).....the corrie is only as effective as the system you chose to trade on it or alongside it.........thats life !

(dont tell the ducks this ..they are asleep at the moment and I dont want them upset :D)

N

Attachments

• Aussie sell.jpg
    Aussie sell.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
I bloody hate these ducks....

I have been instructed by the ducky boys to show you this chart

on the left side the T60/1 show Euro top in 5m and 1h and virtually king on the 4H as well...apparently euro domination happened way back around 10.30sh onwards on the quackometer

and yes buying euro and selling USD has delivered comfortable pipitos...on the right side of the chart .....:rolleyes:.

no no no ....we cannot let a gang of ducks make me look like an idiot !!

I do a fine job without their help...... :p

N

Attachments

• Euro success.jpg
    Euro success.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 169
JRP.......try this ?

Hey Simon

re weekend conversations......why not just strip this T60/1 down to the Currencies you are focusing on and perhaps even add a 1m TF at the front to make it a 4some....(although the 1m TF elevator is a madhouse so perhaps not, and just leave the 3 TF's )

its not batting badly today and with no more that 3-4 lines on the "elevators" it will make signals clearer for your Style.....stick with the 60ma and lets see what it continues to do

this ducky stuff is not bad at all......I use to play this system many months ago on a 20ma
and am now realising it was giving me far tooo to many whipsaws + I was not using the 1000/1 in those days to stablise my trading with price action patterns

oh yeah....and the Ducks say that you owe them some grain for this ........(dont mess with them...they're getting bigger already) (y)

N

Last edited:
The new screen set-up - REMINDER

Hi all

back again...lets see whats cooking while ive been out.....

apologies - its now a little crowded on the screen below - but we're not here to win a cub scout tidy badge...we're here to make good trades !

just to remind everyone (Left to right) :-

thats the new Tripleplay (3) corrie charts all on a 60/1 setting (3 ducks) 5m,1h,4h
elevator (compressed) style with all 8 currencies on it at the moment
ive already explained what to look for in an earlier thread today or go to the excellent Captain currency thread and read how it works for a currency pair.....the corrie brings the "multiple" effect to the proceedings so you can see the equivalent of 27 chart pairings on just 3 charts

Then the Corrie Index (or indices) chart..thats the little fellah in the middle ...its on a 14/3 setting and shows how 3 major Stock indices (S&P, FTSE100, DAX) plus OIL and also GOLD are moving related to the tag team ....

then to finish we have 3 corries (1m 5m 30m - reduced to just 5 currencies) on the 1000/1 setting which are the main indicators I use as they are real time action and I can utilise price action strategies and patterns on them to identify trading opportunties....

the fusion of these charts into one coherent strategy is what i'd like to get to - and remember these settings (especially on the 1000/1's ) are to identify low TF trades or scalps.

if we were looking higher TF's (ie entries on say the 15m to 1H) then its all gotta all go up more in TF's across the board).....and i'd only be posting once a week ! :p

these are all offered for free from me...just go to my T2W private page and follow the rules......please dont send me any more money as i cannot take it :eek:

ok next thread to explain the action

N

Attachments

• Screen setup.jpg
    Screen setup.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
whats going on ?...monday pm...

ok gang here we are..

one day i want loads of us posting this stuff through the day as well so we can all be observing and learning from whats going on (y)...however whatever you want to post is fine with me starting with 1 chart on 1 setting.....thats how I started !!

Summary

GBP sucks on the suckometer scale across the board....go home now GBP as everyone hates you !........its bottom on all the T60/1's, its fell off the 1m chart on the Corries and the index corrie was actually showing stronger indices at this moment - so this should have helped the damn thing (ut ooh).....more pain coming I think then if the indexes go south....you could have sold GBP against my old shoes and made money today so make the most of it (as I hope you all have)........Trend days like this are what keep us coming back for more....

look a that far right corrie on the 30m....mama mia !!!:clap:

seriously the GBP is just back to last weeks low and then last low was the 25th October so it may rally now and stop/bounce off resistance...or not !

if you open a 1h or higher 1000/1 corrie you will see that the other 4 currencies are rising today with the GBP has just being the sole faller.....they are just like a pack of dogs with the Strong feeding off the sick one with absolutely no mercy......welcome to the Jungle !

in the opposite Corner is of course Mr Yen..14 year highs on the USD and the only buy in the shop with the Chinese Renmimbi pegged to the the USD and inaccessable to us pleb traders....everyone is saying the BOJ is gonna Step in soon so lets see.......

jees the strong currency queue is like the one for a bad Dentist....after you...no no old chap after you - i insist !

ok.....c'mon chickies its time for bed !
N

Attachments

• monday pm situation.jpg
    monday pm situation.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
the BOJ sell off.....

hmmm:sneaky:

BOJ will start buying Dollars........but if markets fall it wont stop traders still buying the Yen against all currencies (especially the GBP thats crap at the moment)

so what happens?............personally this will mean TOTAL Tag domination as the USD starts catching up with the Yens continuing ascent as well.....

plays to look for this week then ?

you can play ping pong and buy usd into the Yen but make it easy on yourself...sell pretty much most things against the Tag......Euro, GBP, AUD are normal candidates

Damn - ive lost one of the chicks as I only count 26......wheres he hiding ?

N

Re: whats going on ?...monday pm...

Hi N,

Just got my head out of today's bun fight and saw some great posts of yours with the corrie, 3 quacks (is that how many doctors we have got in NHS?!!) and, my personal favourite, those small TFs.

Been shorting cable all day long as the volatility was good and an obvious trend down with small pullbacks along the way - ideal re-entry points for some more scalps a la cherokee style. Also was watching your corrie on other screen and got some excellent confirmation signals, erratic price jerks plus a few "quirky" things to see if they repeat in the future for discussion with you and everyone else on board the good ship corrie.

Finished now for the day as US is still only part timing due to holidays, back with a vengance tomorrow though so we should see some lively market action.

Trade well and regards,
Simon.