Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hi all

back again..

I see the continued dow falls are generating nice rises on the Yen particularly with a lagging USD

CAD , Euro and AUD seem the best bets of decent sell pairings

N

of course you could just sell the Dow...........but thats to easy :p

now we are really rocking.......I see triple buys on TAGCHF and mostly triple sells elsewhere

and Dow is falling

Trade trade trade !!!
N

hi all

dissapointing really i see so far..........usd has not been as bullish as Yen and the sells have been a little sluggish - more like a slow trot than a Lone Ranger charge :p

USD/CAD has stagnated (not shown)

E/U and A/U's are ok ish......(See charts)

GBP has been aggressive sells on the G/U pairing - but its still not a triple sell signal yet :mad:

the yen pairings are better shows
N

Attachments

• dissapointing sells.jpg
    dissapointing sells.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 104
see

E/Y (one of the most commonly favoured Yen pairings) delivered a few..........

given the closer (Neg) correaltion of the Yen to the DOW I really should hunt these pairs more frequently...... but I was brought up trading the USD (scalping**) and still favour it perhaps to much on this thread !

** understandable as in scalping as you need USD pairs for the low spread pippage

N

Attachments

• e y was better.jpg
    e y was better.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
jees...........i wish i could trade overnights :)

life is simple

US30 rises
TAG Falls (assited by 2 of the commdolls that increases the aggregate falls)
Eurotribe rises

G and E buyers of USD - take the rest of the day off..........:p

N

Attachments

• ovenights.jpg
    ovenights.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 122
and the same trades are still rising at the moment...........nice !!!

jees...........i wish i could trade overnights :)

life is simple

US30 rises
TAG Falls (assited by 2 of the commdolls that increases the aggregate falls)
Eurotribe rises

G and E buyers of USD - take the rest of the day off..........:p

N

Nice past 12 hours for GU from here :D

Hi all

my screen is telling me to sell USD and buy CHF..........I'm not biting though

if anything decent signals as a buy do it ........US30 looking stronger again

poss NZD is best option.......

N

hi all

back from meetings........

the sub-signal action (just the 15m and the 1h arrows) is actually delivering some nice scalpy pips buying GBP and the Euro against the Tag team

(see in attachment that they are the only northery pair arrows verses all those southery arrow currencies :smart: )

what this means is that we are targeting retracements off of those higher (opposing) 4h arrows......

of course a more trend friendly signal is when all 3 arrrows are aligned (and note that the GBP is triple arrow buy signal).........but remember we are purely open to researching here on this thread and i'm not trying to flannel or sell you any completed masterpieces :rolleyes:

later
N

Attachments

• sub corrie signals .jpg
    sub corrie signals .jpg
    13 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
hey all

thanks for the support and viewing figures..........:cheers:..

but to be honest gang, I have no illusions at all about where we are in this process and I am still a novice newbie as I try to learn about this more unusual (but logical) approach to viewing and trading the forex market ......:p

Thanks again and together lets kick some G8 butt.......
N

Attachments

• warmin up nicely .jpg
    warmin up nicely .jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 105
Hi NVP
Retired now and looking for extra bucks. Uber beginner but have tried/bought systems that didn't work (to be fair it could be my own fault) so no disrepect. Tried DIT which proved non-profitable read many threads/posts and it dawned on me that education contributes to wins ( forget the money, even thats why we do it).Came across your thread, downloaded the indicator and love it. Like the old tailor said, measure, measure as many times as it takes before the cut is made.
Just wanted you to know you and and Till are welcome any time
Cheers again
DMC

Hi all

people are always asking me at my googlemail address and by pm's

what are the best MA settings for corrie ?
What are the best combination of signals ?
when are conditions perfect to trade ?

well as you know I have published nothing of magnitude up to this point as in truth I am still trialling a lot of FXcorrelators and systems to see what works best and when, and I could already fill a notebook full on how (I see) the G8 dynamics work with each other.....

but at this point in our journey and with the tools you have to hand ( my free triple arrow indicator created kindly by djenky and the basics of Equity vs G8 correlations) this below is corrie perfection as a signal !
N

and stick around folks............the work that rravic is doing with me on some supercorries is unbelievable and achieving things I never thought could be done on the humble Metatrader platform....the guy is walking on water for me........thks R !! (y)

Attachments

• perfection.jpg
    perfection.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Hi NVP
Retired now and looking for extra bucks. Uber beginner but have tried/bought systems that didn't work (to be fair it could be my own fault) so no disrepect. Tried DIT which proved non-profitable read many threads/posts and it dawned on me that education contributes to wins ( forget the money, even thats why we do it).Came across your thread, downloaded the indicator and love it. Like the old tailor said, measure, measure as many times as it takes before the cut is made.
Just wanted you to know you and and Till are welcome any time
Cheers again
DMC

hey mate !

Tills around but a busy busy Bee as always so I havnt caught up with him recently

you hit the nail on the head above........for me even if we cannot ever generate decent systems out of the corrie and its family (we will though) there is absolutely nothing else ive seen out there (apart from other strengthmeters) that shows you such a complete view of the G8 forex dynamics in any timeframe

with that Helicopter vision and a a few (hundred ?) hours under the belt of using it - the calls become easier and actually you can accept losses more readily - as you realise that in trading SH*t happens and thats just the way the market moved at that time

as I prove day in day out here when I drop in to try to call the plays..........:p

if you are sitting with a black box or a mind not open to trying things then you learn nothing :smart:

N

Last edited:
with all this fun going on i've almost igmored just how much the CADand NZD are getting slaughtered today.......but as they are running south with the tag team you wouldnt have made much at all on any of those pairings.....well so far anyway

N

hmmm...........I see that NZD has stepped in as another buy

your money your call
N

and if someones been riding that GBPCAD trade north today i'll buy them a beer !

Pair trading the Non-Tag crosses is still in Embryonic corrie research status i'm afraid

N