Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

To clarify, Im not newbie in forex but new in T2W.:cheesy: My methord is simply easy, just to find the strongest/weakest ccy and trade the group together. I didnt use correlation indi until i found ur thread. After found the extreme ccy, i just follow the trend. As u can see in the above picture, my openning is in the half of trend, and your indi can help me to judge hw long the trend can stays(before the strongest ccy turn to be weak).

There still a lot for me to explore, but just wanna tell u: I love your thread and Supercorrie version!!(y) It helps a lot and please continue on correlation trading.

Big move on G/C gave over 2% in 10 hours.
It was nice to see how G made the first move and C chipping in later.
Nick, your correlation was the only way to see this action playing out.

Another one today, usd trading. Although i think Supercorrie is a little too sensitive in M5 chart and a little too lagging in M15 one. :innocent: But its safe that M15 H1 H4 running ahead the same direction.

Attachments

• usd1.jpg
    usd1.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 125
hey all

and welcome to new visitors here.....looking forward to any input you can provide (y)

ovenights the AUD got real messy.........did the barbie get canceled ?

N

Attachments

• aud sell.jpg
    aud sell.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 99
Another one today, usd trading. Although i think Supercorrie is a little too sensitive in M5 chart and a little too lagging in M15 one. :innocent: But its safe that M15 H1 H4 running ahead the same direction.

Hey B

The current (public ) corrie here is based on some simple 20ma variations and its a one size fits all generalist system.........

anyone got any ideas for their combos that are more useful for specific targeted timeframes ?.....theres zillions to test :sneaky:

N

Last edited:
Re: Correlation Trading is logical

Hi NVP, thanks for starting this great thread. I have study the ccy correlation over months and learn a lot from you. Lets explore deep together. This is the trade I made today----chf group.

hey B

I like the combination of confirming ma's on the pair charts alongside the corrie signals.....thats corrie
pro trading my friend (y)

N

hey all...........sometimes I keep it raw, just a 500ma corrie and the us30

I fancy a us retrace and some tag falls through those levels shown

your call on a buy......AUD musr retrace soon ?

N

Attachments

• poss sell tag.jpg
    poss sell tag.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 112
hey ...what do i know anyway......just watch the triple arrow correlator instead :cool:

N

Attachments

• Sell AUDUSD.jpg
    Sell AUDUSD.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 101
watch the gbp.....its as strong as hell off a bearish us30 so could get much much better if US30 retraces north soon

its testing its 7.45am prev highs so will see if breach occurs

N

of put em right on the table and Buy GBPCAD..........

Attachments

• buy GBPCAD.jpg
    buy GBPCAD.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 113
ok perfect correlation here and the us30 is a triple arrow sell south (if it was an arrow indicator !)

and the tag team (yen.USD) are aligned north

tell me what to do......the clock is ticking

N

Attachments

• perfect correlation.jpg
    perfect correlation.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
this will be easy calls in hindsight ....but we are here right now ..........

its not like this in the $2,000 system you bought is it ?

all the signals there are perfect and no issues ever arise.............100% trades every time

N

usd is not Triple buy anymore and the US30 is retracing/ranging a little.....stand down

ok gotta go....

in all seriousless the GBP was a solid buy signal through all that fuss earlier and I liked it even more as that was against a falling US30 .......so big buying power was overiding my standard Correlation rules

I was struggling with a sell and CAD was on offer but thats a risky call

there was actually some nice cheeky scalps on G/U using 5mins that follwed on from this - but we are not looking for scalps on this triple arrow setting.........so no trade could be called

later
N