Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

I wish I could take credit but I traded the other way and I'm 20 pips from my stop-loss :(

going in above 75 floats my boat up to say

75.40 T1
75.90 T2

gets fuzzy beyond that..if Dow is a good climber today then it could be more than this very early on

N

dow starting to move upwards now so the G/U sell looks a bummer and when (if) GBP turns upwards at pace then the E/G buy will be more and more unstable

later all - off to meetings
N

Oh well, stop-loss hit, you can't win them all! The AUDYEN went totally opposite of the overall trend, may have to rethink the shorter timeframe if (and it will) continues the longer trend.

Once again your targets are on point for the upside. TP1 - 75.44 , if it goes beyond that then you'll have a key reversal.

Dollar/Yen took a quick turn south, AUD/EUR on the upswing everything else is weak/neutral!

us30 dow futures is now ranging between 10020-10080 so really need to get it out of there to see whats happening next.....

I see the Yen and USd pretty unresponsive (upwards) so far to the latest fall by the US30 (10075 - 10050) so that indicates to me the TAG team want some southern climes now

if the US30 can hold and start to develop above the 10080's then I like Tag Sells and looking at charts EUR , AUD buys with even CAD stating to make some very early noises of a buy soon....

AUDJPY still looks promising above the 75's as previously stated therefore :smart:

c,mon Dow make the break.....

N

for me - until the Dow30 sorts its range out

this is all purely s/T scalping opportunites - nothing else is worth the bother

N

going in above 75 floats my boat up to say

75.40 T1
75.90 T2

gets fuzzy beyond that..if Dow is a good climber today then it could be more than this very early on

N

Well, Well AUDJPY H - 75.23 L - 73.71, headed back south and resume the overall trend, hmmmm. This may be cause to continue to observe the longer timeframes for trading opportunities, I'll start giving daily views!:smart:

Well, Well AUDJPY H - 75.23 L - 73.71, headed back south and resume the overall trend, hmmmm. This may be cause to continue to observe the longer timeframes for trading opportunities, I'll start giving daily views!:smart:

but dow has not been a good climber though...so it was a suicide trip hanging into any Sell JPY or Sell USD trade without the energy of a dow bull thrust to help things along

thems the breaks :p
N

I love posting on this thread :cool:

why ? - because I have an audit trail of my thoughts in the
heat of the action vs the cool objectivity of hindsight - invaluable ;)

I recommend you start a trading journal on T2W and post your trades / observations / whatever ....why ?.....because you cannot bluff it and humans have a tendency to forget the bad stuff if its not there in black and white :smart:

sooo - just reviewed the recent posts and its always interesting....

I was dipping in and out today (as usual :whistling) and therefore alongside my lack of focus
I added impatience to the mix :-

1) I declared a USD & YEN Sell fest before my 15m US30 chart had confirmed a major retrace/push up for the Dow (Dow moves are integral to my Tag plays) sure ......things were shaping uip nicely and I was convinced that the ducks were in a row......but I didnt wait for confirmation - and called the trades to early !

2) When I did realise that I was a little premature on a dow30 fest upwards, I called a reverse turn (G/U sell) as I figured GBP was going to explode down and USD was faffing around and could also go north again if dow kept falling....

this one really hurt :(......if you look at the chart the Tag team did chase up but (worse nightmare in Corrie trades)...the GBP reversed direction and followed the Tag team upwards......DOH !!!:mad:

if i'd chosen the NZD,AUD.CAD or even the EUR pips would have been in the bank....(remember I try to exclude the CHF now in these inverse TAG plays as its becoming a TAG lover and threesomes prevail a lot now)

such is life.....(sigh)
N

Attachments

• lessons learned.jpg
    lessons learned.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Hi Neil, stupid question from a non-metatrader coder: what is iMA? Is it a particular type of MA or is it just MetaTrader's simple moving average?

Accustrength

I am a user of accustrength. I am new to your system but have been trading with different correlation indicators. I agree with you that "my Ideas for trading methods / Signal generation are more advanced". One of the things lacking on accustrength is the ability to change time frames in a sense of having it be less sensitive. Accustrength's sensitivity seems to be close to a 5min or even 1min setting on mt. I like to look at 15min charts to see a coming trend changes.
What I would like to have though is Correlation plus volume spread analysis (VSA) integrated into one system. In the past I have also used the actual futures contract with volume on Globex using pivots to spot turning points in the applicable forex pair.
I wonder if it would be possible to integrate the futures contract (with mt5?) into the correlation meter and look for divergence in strength between let's say the EUR FUTURES and the EUR/USD?

Hi Neil, stupid question from a non-metatrader coder: what is iMA? Is it a particular type of MA or is it just MetaTrader's simple moving average?

Hi Adamus

iMA ?

can you show me it in the context of a code or a phase ?

N

Re: Accustrength

I am a user of accustrength. I am new to your system but have been trading with different correlation indicators. I agree with you that "my Ideas for trading methods / Signal generation are more advanced". One of the things lacking on accustrength is the ability to change time frames in a sense of having it be less sensitive. Accustrength's sensitivity seems to be close to a 5min or even 1min setting on mt. I like to look at 15min charts to see a coming trend changes.
What I would like to have though is Correlation plus volume spread analysis (VSA) integrated into one system. In the past I have also used the actual futures contract with volume on Globex using pivots to spot turning points in the applicable forex pair.
I wonder if it would be possible to integrate the futures contract (with mt5?) into the correlation meter and look for divergence in strength between let's say the EUR FUTURES and the EUR/USD?

Hey tolearn (y)

i'm a programming gorilla - if Till (tigloo) drops back on the thread he can perhaps speak about your question :smart:

N

I mean the core algorithm:

Code:
[FONT="Courier New"]   for(int i=limit; i>=0; i--)    
   {
      A1=(iMA("EURUSD"+SymbolSuffix,0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i)
		-iMA("EURUSD"+SymbolSuffix,0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta))/1; 
      A2=(iMA("GBPUSD"+SymbolSuffix,0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i)
		-iMA("GBPUSD"+SymbolSuffix,0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta))/1; 
      A3=(iMA("AUDUSD"+SymbolSuffix,0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i)
		-iMA("AUDUSD"+SymbolSuffix,0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta))/1; 
      A4=(iMA("USDCHF"+SymbolSuffix,0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta)
		-iMA("USDCHF"+SymbolSuffix,0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i))/1;
      A5=(iMA("USDJPY"+SymbolSuffix,0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta)
		-iMA("USDJPY"+SymbolSuffix,0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i))/100; 
      A6=(iMA("NZDUSD"+SymbolSuffix,0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i)
		-iMA("NZDUSD"+SymbolSuffix,0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta))/1;
      A7=(iMA("USDCAD"+SymbolSuffix,0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta)
		-iMA("USDCAD"+SymbolSuffix,0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i))/1;

USD=-(A1+A2+A3+A4+A5+A6+A7)/7;
 [/FONT]

Hi all

Payroll got some great signals if he was trading overnight.....

retracing of the dow has given some great sells on Tag and its new friend CHF

buying others as the signals came

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 168