Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Attachments

• good call.jpg
    good call.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 191
ok gotta go again.........good luck all in pm session

I think Yen and hopefully a following USD are posed for some serious rises if Dow tanks now.....

we'll see later
N

wow Dow is twiching south right now......was it something I said ......!!! :smart:

later
N

Resent, be sure and check the junk - spam folder!

hey mate

my inbox was jammd with schoooftrade.com e-mails - a hundred of them (??)

ive responded ............nice observation on the corrie and I will help as much as I can re this approach (y)

N

EMERGENCY MET OFFICE WEATHER WARNING FOR THE UK AND REST OF WORLD

heavy battering of the US30 is in progress.....traders are advised to batten down some tag team buys looking for best oportunities to sell elsewhere

stay inside making money and do not venture out until this situation ends :p

N

Attachments

• tag warning.jpg
    tag warning.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 160
so will the japanese goverment intervene finally......hmmmmmm

i'd be surprised.....they should realise by now that they could win a brief respite with some QA or other solutions but you cannot beat the market forces in the end

they'll leave it be.......:smart:

N

Attachments

• yen intevention.jpg
    yen intevention.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 214
N[/QUOTE]

EMERGENCY MET OFFICE WEATHER WARNING FOR THE UK AND REST OF WORLD

heavy battering of the US30 is in progress.....traders are advised to batten down some tag team buys looking for best oportunities to sell elsewhere

stay inside making money and do not venture out until this situation ends :p

N

Oh by the way Neil, Ive started to incorporate the 500ma with 14ma into my strategies the 500ma does give a different prospective of the currencies trend in the long run, both ma work well together for me, THX man!:smart:

Oh by the way Neil, Ive started to incorporate the 500ma with 14ma into my strategies the 500ma does give a different prospective of the currencies trend in the long run, both ma work well together for me, THX man!:smart:[/QUOTE]

Hi Payroll

the 500ma is not really aimed at any particular favourite MA setting out there (like the 20,50,200 etc etc ) its there to allow you to interpret price action...as at these levels you can spot HH LL, and S/R points (See attached)

for example the yen is displaying wonderful price action moves up at the moment ...:cool:

trading the 500ma alongside a Classic MA setting like a 20ma (you are trading the 14/3 which is in effect a smoothed 20ma) is a nice idea as one gives direction / bias and one tells you where the price action is happening.....(both to help avoid and to signal trades)

The possibilities are endless with the FXcorrelator....so its key that people customise it to suit their own personality and trading preferences to see the signals as they want to understand things.....remember the FXcorrelator is primarily a hybrid of the original humble Strengthmeters that simply were designed to rate what currencies are rising and what are falling.....its just I gave it turbocharged wings and a makeover on this thread ! :p

Payroll you sure learn fast and some great calls overnight (y)

NVP

Attachments

• classic price action signals.jpg
    classic price action signals.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Hey Neil once again we're on the same page, the FXCorrie is to FOREX as the Wyckoff method is to stocks:

1. Determining the Trend
2. Relative Strength and Weakness
3. Identifying Opportunities
4. Buying and Selling areas
5. Timing the Trading Commitments

we only have 1 trade left active, all other targets have been hit!(y)

ok all another busy day calls..........off to meetings (n)

i leave you all with an observation (bet?)....10,000 before lunch ?

N

Attachments

• 10000 coming.jpg
    10000 coming.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 115
Hey Neil once again we're on the same page, the FXCorrie is to FOREX as the Wyckoff method is to stocks:

1. Determining the Trend
2. Relative Strength and Weakness
3. Identifying Opportunities
4. Buying and Selling areas
5. Timing the Trading Commitments

we only have 1 trade left active, all other targets have been hit!(y)

hmmm tell me more about Wyckoff.....can we learn anything ?

N

hmmm tell me more about Wyckoff.....can we learn anything ?

N

Sure, The Wyckoff method principally uses price action charting and volume studies as a means of analyzing and forecasting the stock market, and since we do not have recorded volume in FOREX it's very hard to determine where the smart money (The Professionals, Banks) is being placed! Well that's where the FXCORRie comes into play, it does not register volume, but what it does for us is let us know that smart money (the pros) are betting heavy on one currency at any given time providing signs of strength and weakness, like a hunter in the jungle following the elephant's footprints (smart money), with the FXCORRie we know where the action is and where it is not!

If we incorporates a common-sense approach to trading the FXCORRie that emphasizes study, practice and risk limitation, and also take into account smart money psychology the FXCORRie provides insight into how and why professional traders buy and sell in the FOREX market. I could go on and on about this! But I hope that this discussion will continue and provide insight into the psychology of supply and demand and the PROFESSIONALS movement of money!:sneaky:

Last edited:
thks payroll

i'll do a little research on the man when I get time (y)

meanwhile as I leave - I notice a little retracing on the tag team so tighten S/L's if anyones
still in the big buy pairs on these dudes....

if the market does turn now I like Euro which has been battling upwards overnight and is shaping for a fast rise if the tag team drop the ball.....

later all - i'm off now for a while to meetings....
N

[
thks payroll

i'll do a little research on the man when I get time (y)

meanwhile as I leave - I notice a little retracing on the tag team so tighten S/L's if anyones
still in the big buy pairs on these dudes....

if the market does turn now I like Euro which has been battling upwards overnight and is shaping for a fast rise if the tag team drop the ball.....

later all - i'm off now for a while to meetings....
N

Hi Neil,

Here are some book titles by Richard Wyckoff:

1. How I Trade and Invest in Stocks and Bonds by Richard Demille Wyckoff

2. Studies in Tape Reading by Richard D. Wyckoff

3. Fourteen Methods of Operating in the Stock Market

4. MY SECRETS OF DAY TRADING IN STOCKS by D Richard Wyckoff

I'm pretty sure there's more but it's something to start with!

The EURUSD position is stagnant now, moved my stop-loss into profit I'll let it run it's course either way it's still 3 winners via FXCORRie!:clap:

Time to head back to the Batcave, look forward to some trades later tonight, see you then!

Tim

[QUOTE=payroll;1231028][

Hi Neil,
Here are some book titles by Richard Wyckoff:

1. How I Trade and Invest in Stocks and Bonds by Richard Demille Wyckoff
2. Studies in Tape Reading by Richard D. Wyckoff
3. Fourteen Methods of Operating in the Stock Market
4. MY SECRETS OF DAY TRADING IN STOCKS by D Richard Wyckoff

I'm pretty sure there's more but it's something to start with!

The EURUSD position is stagnant now, moved my stop-loss into profit I'll let it run it's course either way it's still 3 winners via FXCORRie!:clap:

Time to head back to the Batcave, look forward to some trades later tonight, see you then!

Tim[/QUOTE]

Sorry - (still on another planet today) - yes I do remember this guy's stuff - its old school classic material ....i'll review again this week

sleep well Payroll..........and say hello to Robin for me....:cool:

N