Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey all......still grinding out some reports for work so no screen time today :(

had a quick look at some 15m charts and I see some nice recent buys on AUDUSD and NZDUSD that might be the start of a really nice move up....let them retrace a little

apart from that looks like I didnt miss much on the higher timeframes

will probably be posting more over the long BH weekend (y)

later........
N

Hi all

the 2 commdolls above had nice buy signals on USD around 4pm yesterday but I missed them as in meetings - held nicely from my 6pm post ....but next week will be the tester for them

CADUSD looks promising but the higher 4H TF is saying its against the 4H trend (so its strictly a retrace play if you have the b*lls)

N

Hi all

the 2 commdolls above had nice buy signals on USD around 4pm yesterday but I missed them as in meetings - held nicely from my 6pm post ....but next week will be the tester for them

CADUSD looks promising but the higher 4H TF is saying its against the 4H trend (so its strictly a retrace play if you have the b*lls)

N

Hi Neil,

Take a look at these emerging trends as they should provide some trading opportunity, if they continue the new trend:

EURCAD
GBPCAD
USDCAD
USDCHF

:sleep:

hi all

heres last week with signals on the 20ma 1 hr chart......

(USD and the yen must be on the same side of Zero line - trade a currency on the opposite side of zero)

some you win some you lose

N

Attachments

• last week.jpg
    last week.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 263
heres august......on the H4

N

Attachments

• August 4H 20ma.jpg
    August 4H 20ma.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 240
Trade Signals:

Sell - EURCAD TP1 - 1.3350 TP2 - 1.3330

Sell - GBPCAD TP1 - 1.6248 TP2 - 1.6227

Happy Trading & Good hunting

hi all

15m are the lowest I let myself go now.....heres my thoughts

I see a us30 futures taking a breather after a very good run up on friday

on the 15ms I notice yen has been very responsive to this and is retracing upwards agressively.........not the case with the USD or the CHF though as they stay south....

I note payrolls sell signals on Euro and it is indeed the currency looking most likely to change tack currently with a downturn signaling

commdolls are retracing after some greatmoves up on friday....

hmmm....sell Euro into Yen (if dow continues to cave now).....

I also think that yen is ready to cream the usd again after a little retracing last week and would sell usdjpy sub 85's ......assisted by a southery blowing dow if possible

N

Trade Signals:

Sell - EURCAD TP1 - 1.3350 TP2 - 1.3330

Sell - GBPCAD TP1 - 1.6248 TP2 - 1.6227

Happy Trading & Good hunting

good luck on the CAD.....it seems to be holding and Euro is certainly falling (y)

N

hi all

on the 15ms I notice yen has been very responsive to this and is retracing upwards agressively.........not the case with the USD or the CHF though as they stay south....

I note payrolls sell signals on Euro and it is indeed the currency looking most likely to change tack currently with a downturn signaling

I also think that yen is ready to cream the usd again after a little retracing last week and would sell usdjpy sub 85's ......assisted by a southery blowing dow if possible

N

still shaping up well.....and without to much help (yet) from the dow

N

Update EURCAD next targer down TP3 1.3307 TP4 - 1.3287

Update EURCAD Close Trade.

lovely Euro sell delivered the pips......all you need to get is one currency call out of your pair and its usually a winner (y)

I missed an earlier call on buying GBP........its taking a breather and could continue if dow rises....

hmm....I think NSZ has fallen to much to fast.....its bouncing around the 200ma on the 15m and I think theres a bounce coming...again if dow rises....

the hell.....trade them both off the USD:smart:

N

hi all

yen and usd have continued to grind upwards.....unfortunately usd has been a little to receptive for my liking and not delivered the sub 85 pips on USDJPY it should have done by now (n)

NZD has bounced off its 200ma as predicted but obviously usd was the wrong partner until recently as USD slowwwed up a little north (?)

big trades on the 15m were selling GBP and Euo into the tag

next calls....

at this moment I see Euro and GBP taking a breather from southwards journey and also the tag team (with CHF in tow) will take a breather as they advance North..

I figure NZD will keep rising and I'd back the AUD to follow it for a while now

CAD has been falling all day......it must take a breather soon or even bounce

Dow will (as usual) influence he party and at tis moment it is retracing down.....but for how long ?
:smart:

N

mornin all........

as the sun rises so does the Tag team (and their new sidekick CHF)......the boys are back in town :p

wish I traded overnight......easy easy money

N

Attachments

• ovenights.jpg
    ovenights.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 139
hi all

N

about 24 hours on from these musings and those falling overnight equity markets have really helped these musings.......

The U/J is never a fast trade due to the positive correlation between the 2 Tag team partners but its usually steady money and not to choppy

E/J is a classic pair to trade - blending the lower volatilty of the Euro with the high octane Yen moves....

not bad at all so far :smart:
N

Attachments

• nice moves.jpg
    nice moves.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 135
Hi all

So before i dissapear into a cloud of work from yesterdays bank holiday break :rolleyes:

heres my thoughts for todays action..........I'll call it from the 15m's mainly

USD, YEN , and Now their new buddy CHF..........incredible bull runs over night, just a question of if theres any more in the tank or a retrace is due.....my money is a little retracing even if dow futures keeps falling

Euro and to a certain degree the CAD have show strong resilience to the more recent TAGCHF rise so they could be first in the stalls for any serious TAGCHF retraces now....

AUD , NZD and GBP all seem comfortable in their current Bear trends so a real shake up in the TAGCHF will need to happen to get some reaction.....Never bet against GBP though completely reversing on a sixpence and following Euro up :p

again Dow Equities will be the key so watch those levels

later all :smart:
N

hi all

popped in again for a quick look........

2 hours on and the Dow is still bravely retracing but that momentum is fading (?)

USD is already making some bull noises again....yen is still thinking about it and so is CHF....watch this space (and the dow30)

Euro continues to storm upwards so thats been a nice 20-30 pips on E/U in last 2 hours or so (y) but tighten up re comments earlier....

CADs in no mans land, AUD is weak following NZD's lead at the moment

the weakest puppies are GBP and NZD so if the tag team start piling north again they should be the victims....however thats not guaranteed

interesting day so far....bring on the us opening and the possible carnage
N

just going now......on the 5mins the CADUSD looks interesting as a fast buck

sell Cad buy USd....abot 20 pips for a T1

later
N

and what the hell.........dump EurUSd for some fast retracement pip action

N

Hi all

in truth we need to see now what happens re this range on the 15m

a handful of pips on those 5min calls earlier but in truth its getting sticky across the board.....

lets see what the us opening brings
N

Attachments

• where next.jpg
    where next.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 111
and what the hell.........dump EurUSd for some fast retracement pip action

N

re posts 4017 and 4018

pleased with these .....but slap slap NVP you s/be focusing on higher TF's :smart:

N

Attachments

• 5 min fun.jpg
    5 min fun.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 132