Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

I have one sell showing which is NZD on my charts.....(with the 3 other Commdolls bordering sells)
but I need the Dow to now fall to convince me to sell NZDUSD

EUR is closest to a buy signal ........then GBP

TAG team and CHF have been aggressive sells overnight and all morning so war but stalling currently

N

I have a buy signal on Euro now .....

why not Sell NZDUSD and Buy EURUSD ?...save on the EURNZD spead !

N

Did it. I've got the Corrie running in NinjaTrader now. Well, it's got a few rough edges still but I'll polish it up when I have a mo' but first I'm chomping at the bit to see whether I can get a decent backtest result out of it.

I already coded up and backtested Captain Currency's 3Ducks system and have that running in simulated trading on 4 pairs, but that was relatively easy since his system is straight down the line without the wide open options that trading the corrie gives you. Anyway, now it's time to backtest Captain Correlation :)

I thought the stuff you presented in your youtube 50.avi is a great place to start - just the $, yen & €.

I'll let you know how it goes. I think the difficult bit will be to avoid getting whipsawed in the choppiness after signals, but hopefully it will show it's got an edge even with the whipsaws.

since the Tag team appear to be goign south again now the EURUSD looks the best prospect so far.....poor NZD is now travelling down alongside the USD to we have stalemate at best.....:sneaky:

N

Did it. I've got the Corrie running in NinjaTrader now. Well, it's got a few rough edges still but I'll polish it up when I have a mo' but first I'm chomping at the bit to see whether I can get a decent backtest result out of it.

I already coded up and backtested Captain Currency's 3Ducks system and have that running in simulated trading on 4 pairs, but that was relatively easy since his system is straight down the line without the wide open options that trading the corrie gives you. Anyway, now it's time to backtest Captain Correlation :)

I thought the stuff you presented in your youtube 50.avi is a great place to start - just the $, yen & €.

I'll let you know how it goes. I think the difficult bit will be to avoid getting whipsawed in the choppiness after signals, but hopefully it will show it's got an edge even with the whipsaws.

congrats adamus.....let me know by pm the settings you are going to put on Captain correlation and I may be able to add some more thoughts (y)

N

since the Tag team appear to be goign south again now the EURUSD looks the best prospect so far.....poor NZD is now travelling down alongside the USD to we have stalemate at best.....:sneaky:

N

I still have usd as a sell signal.....Yen is nearly there

Euro Buy whipped on us , and in truth is trying trying to rise again but my confidence is waning now

NZD is still a sell but nothing firm to buy into it yet

N

one more thought as this develops.....I may suggest we change the 4 currencies to blend volatilty and tribes better.....(replace GBP with AUD)....its the Yen or the GBP in any pair combo that will be the chop main issue
so perhaps we remove the GBP from the equation where I asume our main target will the USD pair trading

also I may recommend we overlay the possiblity of trading the JPYUSD in this 4some alongside Corries tradition system of tag on one side and currency on the other....its a lovely trade and relatively slow and profitable

great stuff....exciting :smart:
N

hmmm - the dow is shaping for a fall again....

I have USD (and Yen) overextended down on my own charts with a big retrace imminient therefore....

nothing obvious to sell though unless Commdolls buck up ideas ..........or I risk calling a continued retrace down on GBP and EUR

the gut feel is retracing (selling) the europair against a retrace (buying) on the TAG....a classic overbought/oversold convergence play on the 15m TF

decisions decisions
N

interestingly I am running a 3 duck system alongside a corrie set on higher (matching 3D) TF's

the results to date are very promising but time will tell

(these are not the the calls this week so far - thats been another Hybrid development - but I am finding it much to complicated/fragmented to trade as I can only briefly pop in and out of charts most of the time):smart:

N

the boys are back in town....I seem to be getting (free ?) pdf updates again (y)

time to dump Euro then ?

N

Attachments

• currency currents.pdf
    438.6 KB · Views: 475
big thanks to all viewing :cheers:

were 80,000 up and top 4 in under a year....(like Spurs and 'arry !!!)

cheers again
N

Attachments

• top 4 position.jpg
    top 4 position.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 146
-------Hi all

Payroll got some great signals if he was trading overnight.....

retracing of the dow has given some great sells on Tag and its new friend CHF

buying others as the signals came---------------

Hey Neil,

Sorry I miss last night's trade signals, I'm in the lab (Batcave) working on the 4hr timeframe, and others will be back Sunday or Monday nite wit signals!:smart:

Have a great weekend and look forward to getting back on this thread as soon as possible!!!:sleep:

Tim

Last edited:
Okay quick trade signal Buy- EURAUD - TP1 - 1.4376 TP2 - 1.4400 TP3 1.4463

Last edited:
one more thought as this develops.....I may suggest we change the 4 currencies to blend volatilty and tribes better.....(replace GBP with AUD)....its the Yen or the GBP in any pair combo that will be the chop main issue
so perhaps we remove the GBP from the equation where I asume our main target will the USD pair trading

also I may recommend we overlay the possiblity of trading the JPYUSD in this 4some alongside Corries tradition system of tag on one side and currency on the other....its a lovely trade and relatively slow and profitable

great stuff....exciting :smart:
N

Are you talking to me? (Taxi Driver DeNiro voice)

If you mean the system I working on, I'm only using USD,JPY & EUR right now and I'm working on putting in the 2nd timeframe corrie. You'll have to go into more detail about what you can do with 4 currencies.

Are you AWOL at the moment or gone for the weekend?

Currently looking over the thread to see what combination of timeframes you've been playing with most.

Are you talking to me? (Taxi Driver DeNiro voice)

If you mean the system I working on, I'm only using USD,JPY & EUR right now and I'm working on putting in the 2nd timeframe corrie. You'll have to go into more detail about what you can do with 4 currencies.

Are you AWOL at the moment or gone for the weekend?

Currently looking over the thread to see what combination of timeframes you've been playing with most.

hey mate (y)

sorry - snowed under at work and you're new message didnt hit my private e-mail (?)

Sounds just great what you are developing so will leave you in peace....

The combo I used most was the 5m and 1 min but thats to damn fast

i'd recommend the 1hr and 15m on a 20ma setting - i would be fascinated to see what that delivers !
simple exit on the studies crossing back over each other on the 15m

let me know what it all reveals and then we can talk about any tweaks :p

back to the grindstone.....
N

hey all......still grinding out some reports for work so no screen time today :(

had a quick look at some 15m charts and I see some nice recent buys on AUDUSD and NZDUSD that might be the start of a really nice move up....let them retrace a little

apart from that looks like I didnt miss much on the higher timeframes

will probably be posting more over the long BH weekend (y)

later........
N

Okay quick trade signal Buy- EURAUD - TP1 - 1.4376 TP2 - 1.4400 TP3 1.4463

how did it go batman ? :p

love the avatar !!!!

hmmm might change the ole jackson pollock avatar for something more macho....

N

love the avatar !!!!

N

I got blasted on the last trade(stop-loss in place on 4hr tf), obviously the news played a role in this move and I should have never taken a trade at weeks' end nor mid-trend! lesson learnt:smart:

I'm lookin forward to next week as you stated there are some new trends in development we'll get a chance to see how that goes, hopefully I get off this losing streak (2 losses in row)!(y)

love the avatar !!!!

N

NOOOOO!!!! The Jackson Pollock is you! It reminds me of the FXCorrie in full swing.

NOOOOO!!!! The Jackson Pollock is you! It reminds me of the FXCorrie in full swing.

Hi Adamus

ok JP Avatar stays......and heres my tribute below ......

I call this the 4h corrie with associated 20ma attachments on acrilic

what am I bid ? :p
N

Attachments

• art.jpg
    art.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 108