Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Never forget to set your stops! When reworking part of my EA I did just that... left it running without stops. My profits for today just vanished in an instant. Damn. :)

sorry to here mate - you wont do that again will you ! :eek:

signing off as cotton all bailed for today......

sending my request in for the private thread overnight....you all will know already from this thread who the handful of initial "guide" VIP's will be already dont you all !...but expect a few new contributors/surprises over there if you chose to join us when we open the doors........I may also pop in once a month as well to ensure the furniture is still screwed down :p

N

Last edited:
hmmmmm.....

markets down and tag (wel yen) up........usd looks real bearish so if gold rises sell it......yen coming down as we speak

has yen reached a peak on that 1h far right chart ?

Euro is off the charts at bottom :cry: no comment
(dont worry....Euro always seeable on the private F1 supertuned versions:))

also
Till and GMP.... sent you a taster on the tag system I use re U/J ..its simple but not bad at all..it will be on the VIP private thread when launched ....pm me with any queries as theres bags of stuff i havnt done on it yet......great alternative when G6 not delivering gainst the tag...I would have sold yen into dollar at 4am this morning and eventually scalped say 10 pips....on the 1h a great signal at 0700 yesterday delivered 30 pips buying yen before usual retrace...pm me as I want to fine tune this baby in the next week or so and respect your views

N

Attachments

• 16th.jpg
    16th.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
spoke to soon on the tag......usd wakng up now....and moving north again

poss sell on u/j as that looks promising if tag go north and dj30 stays more bearish than gold
(may have missed the boat though)

look i'm doing it again......Eurotribe is dumping verses the other 2 tribes and i'm looking at tag !

N

cant help thinking its retrace city now....big gbp kick there happened

rock and roll......total perfect correlation everywhere......gbp does look oversold though

eurodump.....

perfect correlation in the market....doesnt get better than this !!!!

Hi all

lovely morning.......nice correlation and a few pips on the table (y)

I am working through the details with the moderators re the private thread and will update here next week how its going...the main contributors here will all be on line there (plus some respected T2W guests !) and will hopefully be more predisposed to sharing their more interesting ideas to a much more restricted and secure audience

this thread will still be business as usual and we are always on hand to answer your corrie questions :smart:

watch this space
N

Attachments

• corrie heaven.jpg
    corrie heaven.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 130
wow GBP is still running the show......could be going for more of a push here....nearly at earlier 6.30 am high though so watch the retrace/resistance

Summary of my performance over the last few days:

- Tuesday April 13: Changed strategy to only scalp EUR/USD based on GBP/USD entry signal instead of speculating on a two-pair retracement. This decision was based on an analysis of all trades during the past two months. Not sure if I am curve fitting here or if I am actually increasing the profits. Overall -3 pips for the day.
- Wednesday April 14: Noticed that the EA was scaling into losing trades. Residue of not working with hedged positions anymore. Fixed that, still made overall +15 pips for the day.
- Thursday April 15: Another residue of not working with hedged positions anymore: you always have to set a stop/loss! When positions are hedged, s/l needs to be based on the overall order performance, not each specific trade. Got caught in a bad trade, losing 40 pips. Fixed that, overall +10 pips for the day.
- Friday April 16: Noted again that the Asian session works better with hedged positions, especially if the market moves sideways. Had some spectacularly winning trades, best scalps in a long time, but losses were equally high. Currently +6 pips for the night. Could easily have been +50 with the old strategy. Still, it's on the plus side, so I can't complain. Trading suspended until 13:00 CET due to news releases, my goal is to have >0 pips for today.

Looking forward to next week's performance in the hope of having my first clear run without modifications to the code. It's been more than two months of development now!

commdolls are good buy at moment as well....gbp now truly undecided...markets indicating tag should fall....but its not yet

i think yens gonna boomerang north soon to follow usd...got the sphericals for a fast retrace trade ?

move s/ls on E/U or take the scalp.....nice !

doubtful if it will get tothe .3500 without a bounce

watch out for G/U ....g hates being left behind here and may soon dive south to follow its euromate

and now the yen is going for Usd.....trade retrace on U/J if yuo have the stomach....