Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

I'm looking for a cheeky 10 pip sell of J into U (ie buy U/J)......as tag are falling

go above that 93.34 level assuming DJ30 stays more bullish than gold

I could just sell tag into the G6 but thats far to easy.....although GBP back to 8am levels now where Its big "V" shape action today started

euro has just about crept into a modest bull bias but its fragile.....

at the moment actually buy eurotribe sell commdolls is safer than the TAg calls i'm seeing

jees look at yen....you cant trade this stuff

if you want to live fast and die young as a trader....pick Yen, GBP and CAD as your weapons of mass destruction.....

jees look at yen....you cant trade this stuff

if you want to live fast and die young as a trader....pick Yen, GBP and CAD as your weapons of mass destruction.....

Hi Neil
just thinking Yen's coming back & dollar's still falling - which one usually leads?

no i said.....buying Eurozone and selling usd is far to easy.....boring !

Hi Neil
just thinking Yen's coming back & dollar's still falling - which one usually leads?

in the good old days especially when we had more of an interest rate spread on Yen and USD you could generally see that when tag were unified in one trend direction that Yen would start to accelerate away from USD ......these days its got a lot more tricky even with me having DJ30 alongside the Yen and gold riding shotgun on the USD

hang on...yens at a resistence point....could be a megga buy U/J 10 pip scalp here....

N

isnt it crazy how you can be destracted by a stupid scalp/point your trying to make whist other pairs are racking up simple pips

in the good old days especially when we had more of an interest rate spread on Yen and USD you could generally see that when tag were unified in one trend direction that Yen would start to accelerate away from USD ......these days its got a lot more tricky even with me having DJ30 alongside the Yen and gold riding shotgun on the USD

hang on...yens at a resistence point....could be a megga buy U/J 10 pip scalp here....

N

just closed my U/J short on the strength of that - hope you're right!
(s'okay, only a demo account!)

just closed my U/J short on the strength of that - hope you're right!
(s'okay, only a demo account!)

hey mate - never listen to anyone else when you trade.....except JRP :p

all i'm saying is the dynamics are shot to pieces at the moment....i'll be loading the hybrids I use on the VIP private thread and it will be clearer what i'm trying to do then :sneaky:

that divergence on U and J is to much to be betting on either way

N

hey mate - never listen to anyone else when you trade.....except JRP :p

all i'm saying is the dynamics are shot to pieces at the moment....i'll be loading the hybrids I use on the VIP private thread and it will be clearer what i'm trying to do then :sneaky:

that divergence on U and J is to much to be betting on either way

N

Reckon that's it for the $ sells today anyway, looking at time & level on cable especially.
Pretty good day, even s'afternoon was less mental than I thought it'd be.

GMP - see dont listen to me ! :eek:

I do have a nice little pattern that does work most of the time based on principles discussed above - its just knowing when to pull the trigger and when to sit back and let the dust settle.....still all in my head though and will go on the private thread once up and I can regurgitate it....(nice image)

N

GMP - see dont listen to me ! :eek:

no worries - got a quick 10 off the £Y when I saw that happening, and that's all I've missed on $Y... and totally my choice to take note anyway. Fastest way to lose in this game is to blame others(y)
right, off for a cuppa

Last edited:
no worries - got a quick 10 off the £Y when I saw that happening, and that's all I've missed on $Y... and totally my choice to take note anyway. Fastest way to lose in this game is to blame others(y)
right, off for a cuppa

hey mate

is it me or are you kicking a lot of a*se now in your trades .....sounds like a tighter game being played already (y)

N

hey mate

is it me or are you kicking a lot of a*se now in your trades .....sounds like a tighter game being played already (y)

N
Well, it looks good after a couple of fairytale days, but there could be 10 crap days next, and I'm still messing with the exits so it's not cold hard fact yet. I've been here before and somehow it never turns out quite right!
Anyway, here's today's summary for anyone interested http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/91616-icc-forex-system-testing.html#post1104698
When I've been reporting as long as JRP has we'll see if it's really any good.
Cheers - Gavin

Never forget to set your stops! When reworking part of my EA I did just that... left it running without stops. My profits for today just vanished in an instant. Damn. :)