Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

damn...i cannot believe how usd's volatility is ecllipsing Yens at present !

Selling G/U looks tempting......also G has been stronger than Euro for a while and some convergence looks promising if Tag keeps rising now

N

that gold spurt up has not really dented USD's rise (yet)......encouraging noises then so i would persevere with a tag rise here.....

back to desk.........I see the tag rise and euro fall is sloooowly continuing.....nice recent kick on GBP down through the Euro (told you all so...GBP hates to miss out on a move)

I see Dj30 and gold bouncing their 200ma's on the 5m charts....lets see if fun down continues

N

Attachments

• 12th lunchtime.jpg
    12th lunchtime.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
just flicked on my 1h customised dudes.....USD has recently confirmed a new push upwards....although Yen still turning (uncomfirmed)

for Eurozone this hit today is actually a small retrace given the recent 1h bull history (I said Eurozone was o/b on 4h earlier this morning).....

I have nothing that clear re selling into Usd at present on the 1 hourlys.....could just sell gold of course (assuming an expensive punch on usd sells off some froth)....perhaps sell below $1158 for a little punt (assuming usd keeps driving up)

I am working on all of this stuff and really want to launch a private thread here at T2W for members who want to commit some relatively moderate costs into recieving my more customised indicators and then a small team of us will be hosting the thread and able to post and discuss these signals (and other ones we are developing) much more freely than here.....

we will keep this thread running in parallel though naturally.... as you can see the basic corrie on a 1000/1 plus the DJ30 and the Gold is a robust enough system used properly (but my more customised stuff does make it clearer I must admit for me as I dip in and out)

And we are gradually getting some more people posting systems/ideas so thats all good free stuff here ! (thanks all in advance)

will let you all know if it happens....asked modersators for their ideas /permission (I really cant be a*sed to set up more multiple forums blah blah as i'm happy here at T2W)

Last edited:
Hi N and all,

Missed my usual morning session today as had to go out. Looking at my GU chart now in retrospect I can see two early morning (post 09:00) trades that both would have resulted in losses as price bounced around in directionless movements printing fairly hefty range wise bars. EU wouldnt have been that much better as it seems to be filling the Sunday gap erratically after greece bailout announcement - why price jumped on that bit of news is anyones guess!

Should be back into the swing of things tomorrow, meantime I'm going to keep a wary eye on Dollar behaviour this afternoon as their [USA] own troubles are now beginning to materialise - trade well and regards,
Simon.

Hi N and all,

Missed my usual morning session today as had to go out. Looking at my GU chart now in retrospect I can see two early morning (post 09:00) trades that both would have resulted in losses as price bounced around in directionless movements printing fairly hefty range wise bars. EU wouldnt have been that much better as it seems to be filling the Sunday gap erratically after greece bailout announcement - why price jumped on that bit of news is anyones guess!

Should be back into the swing of things tomorrow, meantime I'm going to keep a wary eye on Dollar behaviour this afternoon as their [USA] own troubles are now beginning to materialise - trade well and regards,
Simon.

ok dokey.....talk soon
N

just flicked on my 1h customised dudes.....USD has recently confirmed a new push upwards....although Yen still turning (uncomfirmed)

for Eurozone this hit today is actually a small retrace given the recent 1h bull history (I said Eurozone was o/b on 4h earlier this morning).....

I have nothing that clear re selling into Usd at present on the 1 hourlys.....could just sell gold of course (assuming an expensive punch on usd sells off some froth)....perhaps sell below $1158 for a little punt (assuming usd keeps driving up)
I am working on all of this stuff and really want to launch a private thread here at T2W for members who want to commit some relatively moderate costs into recieving my more customised indicators and then a small team of us will be hosting the thread and able to post and discuss these signals (and other ones we are developing) much more freely than here.....

we will keep this thread running in parallel though naturally.... as you can see the basic corrie on a 1000/1 plus the DJ30 and the Gold is a robust enough system used properly (but my more customised stuff does make it clearer I must admit for me as I dip in and out)

And we are gradually getting some more people posting systems/ideas so thats all good free stuff here ! (thanks all in advance)

will let you all know if it happens....asked modersators for their ideas /permission (I really cant be a*sed to set up more multiple forums blah blah as i'm happy here at T2W)

gulp......lets see if it keeps on falling....watch the inevitable retrace coming :p

N

Hi N
I didn't know they did private threads here - how does that work? Free subscription only?

Got my little trading journal up & running - http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/91616-icc-forex-system-testing.html. Just system testing really, and I may soon get bored of doing it (especially if the system fails spectacularly!) but it might be of interest if it survives a few weeks.

Cheers - Gavin

on 5mins tag now turned over and downwards......but what to sit in the buy seat.....hmm Eurozone is not looking to great ....so look to commdolls for opportunities

Hi N
I didn't know they did private threads here - how does that work? Free subscription only?

Got my little trading journal up & running - http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/91616-icc-forex-system-testing.html. Just system testing really, and I may soon get bored of doing it (especially if the system fails spectacularly!) but it might be of interest if it survives a few weeks.

Cheers - Gavin

hey mate

the guys do run T2W private invitation only threads for 10 or more people (or perhaps less?)...i'm just checking if this can be done with my intention to require new joiners to have purchased some customised software from me prior to being allowed to enter it - and then we share the signals and create additional learning/training on it that I (and others) can then provide as we grow it....think of it as the public Thread but on corrie steroids !

I cannot see any other purpose on having private forums here (?) so i am asking the moderators openly and up front re this possibility....I have probably 10 dudes now (incl your good self) who I would gladly give it to freely anyway (as they have all given more than enough help to me over the last 9 months) to start the thread rolling and get a core group ready for the new members I would then invite in to play with us !

regards
N

tag sale about to turn up the heat.....chose your G6 partners for the party

Gavin, I subscribed to your journal. Good luck, I'm interested in seeing your progress. I thought about doing the same for my EA, but at the moment it is still a bumpy ride. :)

Speaking of which, from following my remote statements I can see that my new MM system has caused a few losses. Essentially I have tightened the stops, and it seems that I overdid. Can't wait to get home and analyze the logs.

Gavin, I subscribed to your journal. Good luck, I'm interested in seeing your progress. I thought about doing the same for my EA, but at the moment it is still a bumpy ride. :)

Speaking of which, from following my remote statements I can see that my new MM system has caused a few losses. Essentially I have tightened the stops, and it seems that I overdid. Can't wait to get home and analyze the logs.

Thanks Till, it's probably going to be a pretty boring journal if it survives, but just doing it today I've already noticed it helps you keep a keener eye on things.
Not sure if your tighter stops would be the problem today as there's been alot of sideways action anyway. Maybe the big boost the Euro got over the weekend is making everyone wait to see if it's going to break it's downward trend come the EOD figures.

hey mate

the guys do run T2W private invitation only threads for 10 or more people (or perhaps less?)...i'm just checking if this can be done with my intention to require new joiners to have purchased some customised software from me prior to being allowed to enter it - and then we share the signals and create additional learning/training on it that I (and others) can then provide as we grow it....think of it as the public Thread but on corrie steroids !

I cannot see any other purpose on having private forums here (?) so i am asking the moderators openly and up front re this possibility....I have probably 10 dudes now (incl your good self) who I would gladly give it to freely anyway (as they have all given more than enough help to me over the last 9 months) to start the thread rolling and get a core group ready for the new members I would then invite in to play with us !

regards
N

Sounds interesting(y). I don't really know how T2W operates or how strict it is about these things, but this thread must be contributing fairly well to their advertising so you'd imagine they'd take that into consideration.

Not sure if your tighter stops would be the problem today as there's been alot of sideways action anyway.

The problem with my stops is that they are not related to one symbol, but need to be expressed in the price difference between two symbols. My stops will be hit as soon as the price difference between two symbols reaches value X, so it is purely playing on divergence. Also, the stop is only valid once, it needs to reset itself to market conditions after the trade.

So far, I have not found rules for quiet or hectic times for divergence. I can definitely say that today is one of the days with lots of trading opportunities. Since this morning, the EA has probably attempted 20 trades already. I usually only get this amount in two days, if at all.