Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

i know the U/J sell is in but would have prefered dow falling faster than gold at this point.....

so get out of the U/J as its in pips but I dont like it at all........and weve missed the boat on GBP

right off to meetings.....and no harm done....i'd rather miss 4 rocket trades chasing GBP to get one solid one for 10 pips following corrie rules and priniciples

on my customised screens the GBP was signalled as a buy sure....and I could have bought it into a falling Euro.....but i 'm not comfortable with that pair as I like my TAG team to anchor/call the trades (unless news fundamentals were really looking good re a non X trade)

later.....
N

now if I were really trying hard to sell stuff i'd make up a cockermamy story about how correlation made this happen......but It didnt ! :whistling

N

Attachments

• sell U into J.jpg
    sell U into J.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 97
now if I were really trying hard to sell stuff i'd make up a cockermamy story about how correlation made this happen......but It didnt ! :whistling

N

Insane morning on the € - am waiting to see how Simon got on!

hey mate ....cotton fields havnt got cnn yet..... (just cotton :p)

Euro looks pretty normal below and no real movement to speak of ?

tag could wander south now....GBp looks hot....but may be retrace due

N

Attachments

• luchtime.jpg
    luchtime.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 92
Horrah !

just got second level nod from timsk (and I naturally have to be also registered as a vendor :eek: )

just going through the process next few days then i'll invite my experienced correlators to join for free on the private thread (sorry VIP correlators only for this bit....they've earned it in blood here over the months)

bit of shaking and baking then I will open it up for newbees...(I also need to check what I can and cant do here re advertising with the mods - although see below*** )

correlators - I will be contacting you all shortly ....then you'll get to sharpen your claws on NVP's
customised screens.........(gasps I hear ?) :sleep:

N

***NVP's orgasmatron FXcorrelator (special edition) 100% success rate - never wrong - its really great and groovy - you will earn pots of cash every time you trade - 200% money back guarantee (even if you are a complete turnip when using it)....free 100 best beach walks guide also included for your accelerated and well earned early retirement years to come.

to much ? - Nah ! :p

Last edited:
Hi N and anyone else,

I say hi N, but of course you are off to the land of cheese, chocs and cuckoo clocks (poetry anyone?) right now - thinks.... is he is banking all that money we have sent him for his corrie indy?!! Here is this morning's rather wobbly bun fight....

GU; Sell stop at 53546 filled by 08:15 bar, price went up then down and rattled along a "floor" for eleven bars then 09:25 bar pushed upwards taking out SL for 21 point loss. Second trade didnt have time to set pending order so long trade at 53715 (po target) opened shortly after start of 09:30 bar, price got hold of some much needed momentum and moved up printing 09:40 new local high, ran out of steam, tried to push upwards again but weak 10:15 down bar caught TS for 14 point profit. Third trade buy stop at 53978 filled by 11:15 bar, price went down slightly then 11:25 bar jumped up breaching previous local high, got a bit of much needed steam up and moved northbound and, as my session was finished, trade exited on close 11:55 bar for 24 point profit.

EU; First trade sell stop at 35884 filled during 09:15 bar, price went down slightly then staggered sideways for eleven bars and popped up on 10:15 bar taking out SL for a 18 point loss. Second trade short entered at 35879 on close 10:20 bar, price dropped smartly down printing 10:35 new local low, started to rally then flattened out for four bars then began another rally which I took as a gentle hint to get out so trade exited on close 11:15 bar for 9 point profit.

EG; First trade entered long at 88622 on open 08:05 bar and price went into tight range mode for eleven bars then tail of 09:10 bar took out SL for 16 point loss. Second trade short entered at 88451 on close of 09:20 bar, price moved down with good momentum printing 09:40 new local low, went sideways for six bars then 10:15 bar shot up to a few points below entry level, rolled back over again printing 10:45 new local low, stuttered sideways for what seemed like ages, dropped down again with some force to create new local low with no body then retraced taking out TS during 11:40 bar for 28 point profit.

Very tough to start off with this morning with no real direction on any of the fab three showing itself, also I noticed the EG / GU correlation got slightly out of sync a few times later on this morning - yikes, just as N is ready to release his $50k fandabby-dosey new version! Trade well and regards,
Simon.

Attachments

• gu130410.gif
    gu130410.gif
    15.7 KB · Views: 87
  • eu130410.gif
    eu130410.gif
    15 KB · Views: 112
  • eg130410.gif
    eg130410.gif
    14.3 KB · Views: 108
Hi N and anyone else,

GU; Sell stop at 53546 filled by 08:15 bar, 09:25 bar pushed upwards taking out SL for 21 point loss. Second trade didnt have time to set pending order so long trade at 53715 (po target) opened shortly after start of 09:30 bar,10:15 down bar caught TS for 14 point profit. Third trade buy stop at 53978 filled by 11:15 bar, exited on close 11:55 bar for 24 point profit.

EU; First trade sell stop at 35884 filled during 09:15 bar, bar taking out SL for a 18 point loss. Second trade short entered at 35879 on close 10:20 bar, so trade exited on close 11:15 bar for 9 point profit.

EG; First trade entered long at 88622 on open 08:05 bar and 09:10 bar took out SL for 16 point loss. Second trade short entered at 88451 on close of 09:20 bar, taking out TS during 11:40 bar for 28 point profit.

Very tough to start off with this morning with no real direction on any of the fab three showing itself, also I noticed the EG / GU correlation got slightly out of sync a few times later on this morning - yikes, just as N is ready to release his $50k fandabby-dosey new version! Trade well and regards,
Simon.

hi mate big mixed bag......jees I got a headache just reading it :eek:

who leaked the price ?

can eeryone see the huge decision point coming here on Tag and the markets.....?

could be a nice sell below the 93 on U/J but let it get under.....if tag flies up yen should leave USd at the lights.....in theory

my indicators are screaming to buy U/J.................doesnt look like it on the pair chart though does it !!

Hi Gavin,

Got my backside well and truly kicked all over the shop and was very lucky to scrape a few points overall out of this morning's session. Markets seemed to had about as much an idea where to go as gordon charlie brown's lot in general election! Good luck this afternoon.
Simon.

back again.........crazy day for correlation again....as you all can see the Tag have had a domestic and parted ways......the logical correlation is all siding with the USD fall....so its Yen showing a lot of unnatural strength......you cant trade that.....

1.25pm was earliest in reality I would have called a usd sell....and to be honest i had nothing in my eurostable charts telling me what to buy as they were all mainly flat /falling

sure commdolls (which all will be fully available in the private thread) but theres only so many currencies you can be following when you are just dipping in and out of screens like I do

and of course remember the main buy was Yen which would have needed some diffrent market signals for me to trade it

interesting though....but i would prefer the Tag now to kiss and make up please.....

ok off on my travels.....ive got my camptown races songbook (its 5 miles long) and some cotton buds to remind me of my lovely day job....

may post but may not....so back at latest online thurs 6am
N

guys - dont let JRP near the drinks cabinet......you have been warned

1.25pm was earliest in reality I would have called a usd sell....and to be honest i had nothing in my eurostable charts telling me what to buy as they were all mainly flat /falling

sure commdolls (which all will be fully available in the private thread) but theres only so many currencies you can be following when you are just dipping in and out of screens like I do

and of course remember the main buy was Yen which would have needed some diffrent market signals for me to trade it

interesting though....but i would prefer the Tag now to kiss and make up please.....

ok off on my travels.....ive got my camptown races songbook (its 5 miles long) and some cotton buds to remind me of my lovely day job....

may post but may not....so back at latest online thurs 6am
N

guys - dont let JRP near the drinks cabinet......you have been warned

S**T!!! I thought I'd be able to break out of betty ford clinic whilst N was away counting his dosh in land of cowbells and mountains.... Travel well Neil and good luck.
Simon.