Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

The problem with my stops is that they are not related to one symbol, but need to be expressed in the price difference between two symbols. My stops will be hit as soon as the price difference between two symbols reaches value X, so it is purely playing on divergence. Also, the stop is only valid once, it needs to reset itself to market conditions after the trade.

So far, I have not found rules for quiet or hectic times for divergence. I can definitely say that today is one of the days with lots of trading opportunities. Since this morning, the EA has probably attempted 20 trades already. I usually only get this amount in two days, if at all.

So in contrast to alot of traders, your EA is happiest when things are choppy... makes sense when I stop to think about it:rolleyes:

a little cheeky re its marketeering at the end but these guys are always a good read

trade USD as bullish regardless ??......of course not....we are correlators here, and consider lots of things..... trading what we see (or sometimes indeed what we dont see) across all timeframes ! :p

N

Attachments

• black swan.pdf
    601.7 KB · Views: 303
I analyzed today's trades and must say that all stops were placed correctly. Everytime they were hit, I would have lost a lot more if the trades would have stayed open. Soooo.... let's see where this goes.

I have closed the CADNZD trade in a loss because I missed the exit while I was at work. It would have made nice profits. I need to find a proxy into my office. :)

I analyzed today's trades and must say that all stops were placed correctly. Everytime they were hit, I would have lost a lot more if the trades would have stayed open. Soooo.... let's see where this goes.

I have closed the CADNZD trade in a loss because I missed the exit while I was at work. It would have made nice profits. I need to find a proxy into my office. :)

hey mate

I have something called logmein.com............it allows an internet work connection to a home pc where all my charts are

work has a huge firewall....stange that their IT policy is so strict for a cotton plantation !

seriously - without it I would have nothing to look at ....invaluable

N

just flicked on my 1h customised dudes.....USD has recently confirmed a new push upwards....although Yen still turning (uncomfirmed)

for Eurozone this hit today is actually a small retrace given the recent 1h bull history (I said Eurozone was o/b on 4h earlier this morning).....

I have nothing that clear re selling into Usd at present on the 1 hourlys.....could just sell gold of course (assuming an expensive punch on usd sells off some froth)....perhaps sell below $1158 for a little punt (assuming usd keeps driving up)
I am working on all of this stuff and really want to launch a private thread here at T2W for members who want to commit some relatively moderate costs into recieving my more customised indicators and then a small team of us will be hosting the thread and able to post and discuss these signals (and other ones we are developing) much more freely than here.....

we will keep this thread running in parallel though naturally.... as you can see the basic corrie on a 1000/1 plus the DJ30 and the Gold is a robust enough system used properly (but my more customised stuff does make it clearer I must admit for me as I dip in and out)

And we are gradually getting some more people posting systems/ideas so thats all good free stuff here ! (thanks all in advance)

will let you all know if it happens....asked modersators for their ideas /permission (I really cant be a*sed to set up more multiple forums blah blah as i'm happy here at T2W)

good here isnt it.........tag up / markets down from yesterday afternoon (y)

About $7 on the gold sell......like i said sometimes if you cant find any G6 partners but fancy the tagmove up then sell gold .........all this is WIP for me as I continue to develop my core stuff

with the corrie and its helicopter vision....the more you look and study ....the more patterns you see.....trust me they are all there if you look hard enough

N

Attachments

• spooky.jpg
    spooky.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
moving swiftly on....heres o/ns'

hmmm tag looking tired now....a little retracing coming so find a strong 6 partner
.....wish I could trust the TAG a little more as that Yen buy into Usd was the classic volatiliy play for a rising tag......

in the old days if markets now rise you could sell yen into USD as the carry trades get put on......these days a little trickier to call

later dudes.....off to work and travelling next day or so.....so please play amongst yourselves !

I will let everyone know on the private forum when the mods get back to me

N

Attachments

• 13th april.jpg
    13th april.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 125
some swooping action but tag slowly falling........choppy trading though more suited to scalping

Gammajamma - has just pm'd me regarding a private thread and said in principle thats fine to do (y)

I need to contact the administrators and explain my process and reasons for this secondary thread - which is basically I want to offer my customised indicators and theories that will continue to be developed and advanced by motivated individuals and trades/signals posted and discussed as they are unfolding

(its the Public thread - but on steroids ! :smart:)

Invitation will be based on historic contribution levels made to the public thread and/or a simple discretional 1 off fee for previous non contributors (ie newbies) which will be charged for the software that will be loaded via the private thread......I am very greatful to those people who have got us this far (40,000+ views) and am happy to share with them the next phase of this trading methodology for no entry fee....(y)

I can promise that the Fee (when applied) will not be excessive compared to the marketeering sites and hyped systems going on but will be enough to justify my ongoing personal time and committment to the private thread......(as well as the public thread)

for anyone already interested in this - I would urge you to read this public thread from front to back to understand where the private thread will be starting from - it shows the core principles I will be teaching and developing there.....

the private thread will not be diverting that far away from what you will continue to see here on the public thread ...but the customised toolbox is much sharper/defined and the experiences we will share will have much more clarity and perception because we can show/share these signals on screen with attachments

anyway i'm excited !!!.......those cotton bails are looking smaller all the time :p

NVP

Last edited:
after all this excitement I bet my calls/ideas so far this morning have been sh*te now ...lets see :LOL:

hmm...bit choppy but usd going up now since 8.20 on my privates** .....could be a cheeky U/J sell if DOW30 falls below 10928

and below 93.14 on normal pair chart (subject to above)...watch the 00

remember as tag rises Yen normally overtakes Usd .....especially if DOW30 remains more bearish in relation to gold

N

** who needs charts and indicators !?

distortional buying on GBP - all bets off now ....to chase or not to chase ?

gbp now on highest o/b signal for 5m charts for the day so far and highest since 9.25am yesterday

retrace over ....watch that U/J and a quick 10 pips on G/U sell always worth a look now