Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Well, let's say I read it, found it interesting and thought it was similar to what you guys are doing here. Unfortunately his further developments on the system are only for sale and before I start replicating his Excel work, I'm going to beat the statistics out of my own system first.

That being said, I need to continue working on my backtester. I hate it that MT4 does not support multiple currencies.

Till

Can i be honest and promise you wont get upset? :sneaky:

a lot of the testing I do is pure eyeballing as far back as the system allows on screen across multiple timeframes.....some of my correlation and G8 combo strategies are almost impossible to back test so I dont try to.....

do you want to stay here with such heathens ? :p
N

Hi N and everyone else - lots of everyone elses!,

GU; First trade entered long at 53109 on open 08:05 bar and triggered TS during 10:05 bar for 58 point profit. Nothing else taken on this pair after that.

EU; First trade opened long at 33934 on open 08:05 bar, TS taken out during 10:20 bar for 6 point profit -

EG; Sell stop at 87416 filled during 08:10 bar, 10:05 up bar taken as an exit hint for 14 point profit. Second trade sell stop at 87108 filled during 10:55 bar, took out SL at top of 11:15 bar for 15 point loss - smacked wrist for bottom fishing there, no other setups found after that.

Unbelievable just how far GU has recovered lately, if someone had said last month that it would be up in the 1.53 level I certainly would have laughed. Yet again EU had fairly narrow range bars and looks highly suspect to me, might be worth following this afternoon to see if it gives off a decent short signal.

so adious, trade well and regards,
Simon.

a bit like my joke to GMP in earlier post.....I dont anticipate or surmise what will happen....I just react as you do my friend :smart:

have a good one......i'm out of action most of this weekend faffing around with the car sale (sob sob) but will try to peek in late on sunday.....

and NOPE I still hav'nt started translating my corrie commercial system yet from head to paper :cry:

at least no one can acuse us of being merciless marketeers anyway !

N

nope gold ready to fall more and usd oblidging up......i'd like to see a little more enthusiasm from E and G !

your gonna have to brace a retrace any minute now.....up to you all

thats it for E/U......G still has some fire left.....but when it turns it will be fast !!!

G is weakest of the G6 at moment so is chasing USD down.....therefore no retraces yet.....(?)

yes you do need eyes in the back of your head.......but it can be done....

n

G/U down around 20-25 pips since we started this quick fire patter
E/U down aound 10-15 (but a messy pup at times)

cant be arsed to look at Chf/U :whistling

gold and DJ30 definately both looking bearish at the moment for more tag rises to come ?

anyway back to the cotton mills......

later
N

wow what a turn.......always keep your stops tight and your b*ttcheeks tighter !