Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Having read through the first pages, I must say that what Ingot54 wrote initially is exactly the strategy that I coded into my EA. Also, his thoughts 6-7 months ago are exactly my thoughts now. :) I think I just need to catch up on him then.

I am still watching my EA in relation to EURCHF. Too bad that it's flat sideways this week, the holiday season is not a good time to trade. It got close to a buy at 1.43225 and a sell at 1.43270. The sell signal is still struggling going from yellow to green so to say, but then again, with this week's charts it is easy to see for everyone.

Ok, that was quick. 18:49, sell EURCHF at 1.43288. Looking at it in the chart, I wouldn't have taken the trade myself, it looks like an upwards trend. Personally, I would have traded at the bounce from the lower trendline, corrie also does not give any hint - based on corrie, a buy should have been performed at 17:10.

Either way, it's a corridor with a width of 7 pips... shouldn't break the account. :)

Feel free to comment.

EDIT: The corrie indicator is set to 60/1.

Attachments

• snapshot5.png
    snapshot5.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Hi all....

Signing off......i've been deluged with pm's Re Mr Fielder so will be busy answering those...and its not fan mail

Regards
N

Ok, that was quick. 18:49, sell EURCHF at 1.43288. Looking at it in the chart, I wouldn't have taken the trade myself, it looks like an upwards trend. Personally, I would have traded at the bounce from the lower trendline, corrie also does not give any hint - based on corrie, a buy should have been performed at 17:10.

Either way, it's a corridor with a width of 7 pips... shouldn't break the account. :)

Feel free to comment.

Hi Till

please always say what the settings of the correlator are ......im surprised the euro hasnt fallen below the chf as it is normally more volatile on a confirmed down move ......but remember that if this is a low ma setting the only movement that is really important is divergence away from the zero (up or down)....convergence mainly represents flattish activity back to the MA line that is catching the price (with the price not having to be moving much at all)

cheers !
N

please always say what the settings of the correlator are ......im surprised the euro hasnt fallen below the chf as it is normally more volatile on a confirmed down move ......but remember that if this is a low ma setting the only movement that is really important is divergence away from the zero (up or down)....convergence mainly represents flattish activity back to the MA line that is catching the price (with the price not having to be moving much at all)

Ah ok, indicator is set to 60/1, also added this to the post above.

EURCHF still on the rise, but so is EURUSD/USDCHF divergence.

Instead of signing to that s**t, go to your page 64 (I think?) and download the corrie indy then wait for a few days whilst I tidy up that kiss H1 correlation system and post here.
Simon.

PS. Might be worth repeating to everyone viewing what page your corrie indy sits on.

you just did......and if that Kiss 1H is any good i'll owe you a serious beer my friend

OMG - JRP knows the skeleton plans for my first system coming........Doh ! :cry:

no pressure then on us both..... :p
N

Ah ok, indicator is set to 60/1, also added this to the post above.

EURCHF still on the rise, but so is EURUSD/USDCHF divergence.

the 60/1 eh??...........dont tell the 3 duck gang :p

N

Having read through the first pages, I must say that what Ingot54 wrote initially is exactly the strategy that I coded into my EA. Also, his thoughts 6-7 months ago are exactly my thoughts now. :) I think I just need to catch up on him then.

I am still watching my EA in relation to EURCHF. Too bad that it's flat sideways this week, the holiday season is not a good time to trade. It got close to a buy at 1.43225 and a sell at 1.43270. The sell signal is still struggling going from yellow to green so to say, but then again, with this week's charts it is easy to see for everyone.

Hi Tigloo,

You will know, if you've read the thread, that Ivan (Ingot54) and I were two of the early testers of Corrie. We played around with zillions of settings and, in fact, we found that two people can have totally different settings but, still identify profitable trades.

I haven't spoken with Ivan for a few weeks. Whenever, I'm on Skype, he isn't around but, we used to talk regularly. I'm sure he would respond to a PM. If not, I can contact him for you.

Hi all

I am aware of the volume on this thread :eek:

The guys that all contributed here came up with oodles of systems that are no doubt still going strong.....they are all traders in their own right with their own strategies :smart:

if people want I will dredge up about 5 of them (not the contributiors - the systems :p ) and then we have something to offer the newbies coming that will be hungry for knowledge and pips !!!

domani....domani....
N

You will know, if you've read the thread, that Ivan (Ingot54) and I were two of the early testers of Corrie. We played around with zillions of settings and, in fact, we found that two people can have totally different settings but, still identify profitable trades.

I haven't spoken with Ivan for a few weeks. Whenever, I'm on Skype, he isn't around but, we used to talk regularly. I'm sure he would respond to a PM. If not, I can contact him for you.

Thanks for the offer, Alan. I'll work my way through the rest of the thread first in order to catch up with your discussion, I don't want to repeat old questions. I hope to finish it over the weekend. :)

I was thinking of starting a T2W journal for testing this new system I'm attempting, so I can post the entries & exits as they happen, and maybe putting an end-of-day summary on here, JRP-style. How's that grab you? It'd save me cluttering up this thread with twaddle but give anyone interested the option of following a (DOOMED-TO-FAILURE) system based largely on the correlator.
Dunno if I'll bother yet. I probably lack the motivation, but it would probably help keep my eye on the ball, rather than wandering off on yet another wild goose chase.

Hi Gavin,

Brilliant idea and I know NVP would definitely want you posting here as his time is getting a bit sticky right now - those cotton bales need a-totin'!

Everything helps especially as that "new" Delphi system from Robin Hood and his merry gang is now hitting the airwaves, I just hope word gets around before to many punters hand over their cash.

Simon.

Hi Gavin,

Brilliant idea and I know NVP would definitely want you posting here as his time is getting a bit sticky right now - those cotton bales need a-totin'!

Everything helps especially as that "new" Delphi system from Robin Hood and his merry gang is now hitting the airwaves, I just hope word gets around before to many punters hand over their cash.

Simon.

Hi all

I want to create a centre of excelence here on this thread for strengthmeter based trading (and correlation which is also my bag)

We have the traders and we have the indicator....now show me what you all can do.........

I have no illusions that my meagre skills will be rapidly overtaken by people far more talented by me ....

so c'mon and dazzle me !

lets make this a very special thread to ALL be part of :smart:

enjoying every minute now more and more.....
N

Last update before going to bed. (btw, don't want to hijack the thread here, so if I should refrain from posting my stuff just let me know)

Attached is EURCHF 5M and corrie set at 200/3. My EA took a second sell entry at 19:42. Looking at the indicator still doesn't give me any hints, but then again, I am learning that stuff. EURUSD/USDCHF divergence on my own indicator is still constant at ~10 pips.

Looking at the channel that I drew, I first thought it was going to be an uptrend, then when resistance became support I thought that the price was thoroughly locked in. Shortly after, price broke downwards and cut across the whole channel, with the old support now being resistance.

Of course, technicals at these timeframes are probably very volatile and should be left to professionals rather than myself. :)

Either way, it will be interesting to find out how the trade went. The EA will pull the trigger at around 5:00.

Good night all,

Till

Attachments

• snapshot6.png
    snapshot6.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Last update before going to bed. (btw, don't want to hijack the thread here, so if I should refrain from posting my stuff just let me know)

Attached is EURCHF 5M and corrie set at 200/3. My EA took a second sell entry at 19:42. Looking at the indicator still doesn't give me any hints, but then again, I am learning that stuff. EURUSD/USDCHF divergence on my own indicator is still constant at ~10 pips.

Looking at the channel that I drew, I first thought it was going to be an uptrend, then when resistance became support I thought that the price was thoroughly locked in. Shortly after, price broke downwards and cut across the whole channel, with the old support now being resistance.

Of course, technicals at these timeframes are probably very volatile and should be left to professionals rather than myself. :)

Either way, it will be interesting to find out how the trade went. The EA will pull the trigger at around 5:00.

Good night all,

Till

get some sleep Tilll.............. I have to take care of my team !

N

why am i thinking italian and sprouting a beard ?

Attachments

• the chosen corrie one.jpg
    the chosen corrie one.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 153
Neil et al,

I sent an email to Ivan (Ingot54) tonight so, there's the possibility that he may return to the thread. Hopefully, to remain.

I found his input to be invaluable as, I'm sure Neil did, in the early days. As he's an Aussie, and been away for a while, he might need a refresher course in interpreting some of Neil's more enigmatic phraseology:)

Neil et al,

I sent an email to Ivan (Ingot54) tonight so, there's the possibility that he may return to the thread. Hopefully, to remain.

I found his input to be invaluable as, I'm sure Neil did, in the early days. As he's an Aussie, and been away for a while, he might need a refresher course in interpreting some of Neil's more enigmatic phraseology:)

Ingot54?......what here ?......back on the thread ?

an experienced international midfield player who can defend and attack ?

my my - The dream team is reforming....:sneaky:
N

Neil et al,

confession

Ivan never left......we stlll keep in contact by pm occasionally .......hes another cotton picker like me trying to escape the plantation......which we both will one day...

N

The Basics

ok.....we appear to have attracted about 1,000 views in the last 2 days :eek: so am going to try to drop some corrie ideas and strategies here for the benefit our new followers in next few days

my team of correlators - please please feel free to link some of your favourite posts back in now as well !

the FXcorrelator (free on page 64) is a strengthmeter......nothing more and nothing less......I breathed some fresh life into some older versions found bouncing around the forum cosmos and then the contibutors on this thread et moi began to take it apart and reconstuct it piece by piece......leaving not much unturned !

I personally am also a big believer in using other markets to help confirm/support certain currencies behaviour.....we all need an edge and thats mine ......this is also discussed ad nausiem in the thread :cry: so read it and use what you like and disgard the rest

Right......so why all the fuss ?

well whilst not a 20 year floor trader with currencies in my veins.... I have been there and seen most things since the 80's (and even earlier in 60's/70's growing up in a family of bookmakers/Gamblers) .....and when I have chosen to focus in and play the markets I can honestly say I have never been so connected to a concept/appoach as I am here now on this thread......

I'm a commercial accountant/business analyst by trade and my job is to generally create the big picture and interpret/communicate that snapshot to the bossmen.......(oh year and provide a few sacks of cotton a day)

in classic textbook analysis terms my infomation always has to be :-

Complete
Accurate
Relevent
Timely

.......or i'm out the door !

and thats the brilliance of the FXcorrelator in a nutshell for me ......in trading the Forex it ticks evey damn box providing as much or as little information on the G8 dynamics as i need to make the calls.......

I personally cannot watch a single chart pair and make trading calls these days.... its like someone buying me the latest 72" high deffinition screen and then covering up 90% of it with a sheet !

I need to see the whole G8 market to read the calls.....and with practice and a few short cut/customised variations on the correlator you can as well .......Rome was not built in a day.....and nether are great systems !

This thread (and the tools provided) are here to support you in examining what you are trying to achieve in your trading and to go for it...........we are not trying to make clones so experiment and develop your own strategies and paths here courtesy of us......

and remember......there is no holy grail !

N

Last edited:
jees.......after all that waffle ive tried to pull up some simple seaches for my summary attempts in the past.......umm

this is gonna tke a little time :innocent:

Help !
N

bored with that.....heres overnights

Markets contadictory and corelations are up the duff....

USD is very bullish given golds behaviour should be sending it downwards...if gold folds usd will go north....

Yen...Dj30 is still not perfect....big push yesterday on dj30 is now halted.....

my thoughts are the markets wll falter today and we will see some serious tag rises....so be ready with your fav G6 currencies to respond......

good luck today all
N

Attachments

• 9th.jpg
    9th.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 142