Cable 2010

+73 pips, glad i persevered was down as much as 46 pips at one point. Im long at 766 anticipating a bounce off 750 support. Holding it over night so low stakes for this one. 150 pips Vaco NICE, all on cable im assuming.

well done vaco looks like the 15min is the way to go (gives you time to relax and do other things )

got my 60 pips shorting GU.
got another 60 pips short EJ.
both in the morning.

kicking myself, as I missed out on another 300!!! in the afternoon on EJ.

got my 60 pips shorting GU.
got another 60 pips short EJ.
both in the morning.

kicking myself, as I missed out on another 300!!! in the afternoon on EJ.

good trading,

but how did you miss out on 300 if your target is 60??

good trading,

but how did you miss out on 300 if your target is 60??

true enough.
but, come on! 5 days worth of trading in about 2 hrs!
its one of those coulda/woulda/shouldas.
these kinds of days dont happen often enough to justify changing my rules of going for 60.

i wouldn't suggest changing your rules, was just curious if the 300 was over several pairs or if the target is a mental one that you trail a stop tightly with once you hit 60.

i wouldn't suggest changing your rules, was just curious if the 300 was over several pairs or if the target is a mental one that you trail a stop tightly with once you hit 60.

the 300 was the drop-off-a-cliff the EJ did in the afternoon, from 125.4 to around 122.

I had made my my daily target, and some, so wasnt paying attention for the afternoon, as well as the news stuff.

hope tomorrow is as good. but I'll still be going for about 60 pips.

Morning all,

Like it or not the way we feel on any particular day may effect our trading, after yesterdays gains today I feel its all about capital preservation. its the last day of the week, theres lots of high impact news and i dont want to give back too much of yesterdays gains, hell i dont want to give any back!!

I am not a robot I know this will impact me today, I'll be much quicker to take profits if price stalls and may not take Every setup that comes along.

There are the those that will say that I have to be robotic in following the system but i disagree my instincts are there to protect me and I should follow them, the key is knowing when to walk away because your not been rational in your decisions anymore.

Anyway ramble over, thought I would share and maybe get you to ask yourselves 'whats your mindset going into the trading day?

ty, looking to exit that short before 9am, just waiting to see where it settles rather then trying to guess the bottom.

looks like price will stay in this area till the news at 9:30 today, will be interesting to see what impact the news has if any (other then a spike) most likely we will not see the days range complete till after nfp anouncement.

volatility increase. are you guys increasing your stop-losses/targets to reflect this.
else you run the risk of getting stopped out by noise.

Vaco: you are finessing my 60 pippers with your 70 pippers! (good call. I went in 1.5732, but nabbed my 60 before bailing.)

trendie- your entry was very similar to mine (5735)

was thinking about your comment yesterday about a weeks trading in a an afternoon. 300 pips your ave week then? (y)

volatility increase. are you guys increasing your stop-losses/targets to reflect this.
else you run the risk of getting stopped out by noise.

Trendie how are you measuring volatility?

ppi not made much of an impact yet, hmmm was waiting for a spike back up to 5710-20 for another potential short.