Cable 2010

trendie- your entry was very similar to mine (5735)

was thinking about your comment yesterday about a weeks trading in a an afternoon. 300 pips your ave week then? (y)

I certainly try for that. not saying I achieve it.

(donaldduke said something about not going for more pips, just to increase size on my existing trades. lower stress. happier. more time to wind up other posters on other threads!)

whats you weekly tally, so far??

trendie- i agree with the duke, 300 comes from 60 a day and i presume you take about 3-4 trades a day so very achievable.

my tally so far is 232.

previous highs/lows and range sizes. weird I know, but I actually use PA-style to eyeball volatility. sometimes an arbitrary 20 pip SL isnt valid.

i use previous bars hig/low +6 for my stops so the size of the stop will depend on range.

I read that the turtles or some other break out system uses 2x ave range.

May look strange, but I'm looking for a long - I'll know by 10

Having second thoughts - not in as yet at 10:02

In long 698 stop 668

Last edited:
May look strange, but I'm looking for a long - I'll know by 10

Having second thoughts - not in as yet at 10:02

i've taken the opposite view short at 5712 looking at lows of day for target

stop at be now.

going to the boring subject of mindset again i'm now feeling extreamly confident, cocky and invinceable, from past experience i know these feelings are normally followed by a string of losers, anger, despair, doubling up and massive damage to the account.

With that in mind i'm switching off the pc after this trade and going out for the rest of the day.

lol tbh i would want better odds then tht to bet you wont see me later on, its addictive this trading lark you know ;)

At the moment quite flat - difficult to know which way to go:rolleyes:

Anyway I'm in so too late now

looking rangy now not much hope for this trade tbh but wont close for 4-10 pips because if it flies my way after i'll kick myself.

My mystic meg prediction is that it will break up at 11:20ish and run up to 5740 before nfp then crash horribly if nfp is better then expected or continue up if worse then expected.

yeah now you all know why this has been part time for me for so long i have the self discipline of a 5 year old :(

looking at later today and the start of next week heres a chart for fibo fans 5804 looking like an easy target for a pullback to reach??

Attachments

• fib fans.gif
    fib fans.gif
    28.2 KB · Views: 129
My mystic meg prediction is that it will break up at 11:20ish and run up to 5740 before nfp then crash horribly if nfp is better then expected or continue up if worse then expected.

bloody ell i should be in the snake oil signal selling buiness, all those that have already posted on this thread will get a 10% discount:cheesy:

i've got a naughty long on from 705 looking to close around 740.