Brexit - in or out

In Australia they are saying this is new new PM for the UK.

She has no chance. Completely went into hiding during the campaign and the MP's will have clocked that.

I have a feeling it's going to be Boris or Gove with Leadsom as chancellor.

Attachments

• Boris.jpg
    Boris.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Gove.jpg
    Gove.jpg
    355 KB · Views: 69
  • Leadsom.jpg
    Leadsom.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
The Bremainians just don't 'get' Democracy. Look at Glasto and the various speeches that are going on there by various musicians and artists, now I like Glasto having been there a couple of times, but for people to stand on stage and say that an out vote is undemocratic is kinda wierd.

We have a Referendum with a vote by the people - yes that's democratic.

We leave an undemocratic union that nobody was asked if we wanted to join in the first place - yes that's anti-undemocratic.

So what is it that's undemocratic ?

And what is ironic is that the vast majority of the 120,000 odd that are there won't have voted yesterday as they would have been drunk and covered in mud anyway.

The Bremainians just don't 'get' Democracy. Look at Glasto and the various speeches that are going on there by various musicians and artists, now I like Glasto having been there a couple of times, but for people to stand on stage and say that an out vote is undemocratic is kinda wierd.

We have a Referendum with a vote by the people - yes that's democratic.

We leave an undemocratic union that nobody was asked if we wanted to join in the first place - yes that's anti-undemocratic.

So what is it that's undemocratic ?

And what is ironic is that the vast majority of the 120,000 odd that are there won't have voted yesterday as they would have been drunk and covered in mud anyway.

What are you worried about? What the other side thinks? Forget it, move on and get this new life that you are all on about.

It's all over now, bar the shouting.

I was watching on Bloomberg that Scotland wants to leave the UK because they never wanted to leave the EU. I cannot understand why the UK even allows such a discussion.

As much as Texas bitches and moans about leaving the union, it will never be allowed, even though the rest of the country would most likely like to get rid of Alaska and Texas. Alaska's only purpose for being a part of the union is to keep Russia at bay.

Why doesn't somebody in the UK (hint, hint, Mr. Prime Minister, this is your cue) exercise some authority and balls and put Scotland in their place.

Is it just me or does anybody else think that that is totally "mad". Scotland has no Coast Guard, no army, no navy, no currency, no economy.

P.S. Boris Johnson for Prime Minister!

I was watching on Bloomberg that Scotland wants to leave the UK because they never wanted to leave the EU. I cannot understand why the UK even allows such a discussion.

As much as Texas bitches and moans about leaving the union, it will never be allowed, even though the rest of the country would most likely like to get rid of Alaska and Texas. Alaska's only purpose for being a part of the union is to keep Russia at bay.

Why doesn't somebody in the UK (hint, hint, Mr. Prime Minister, this is your cue) exercise some authority and balls and put Scotland in their place.

Is it just me or does anybody else think that that is totally "mad". Scotland has no Coast Guard, no army, no navy, no currency, no economy.

P.S. Boris Johnson for Prime Minister!

It was totally mad when they based their independence case on $100 oil and it's now half that. Perhaps they think the EU will bail them out financially? Sounds to me like a good future economic deal for remainder of UK.

PS. Boris & Donald ??

If you are supposed to be British, why do you sport the Irish flag on here and seem to hate this country.........hardly any posts since you joined, but plenty of digs at the UK this last few weeks.....You got issues?

It seems like most Irish people here behave the same way. The UK has made its decision. The people should come together to support it. It's no use crying over spilled milk.

It seems like most Irish people here behave the same way. The UK has made its decision. The people should come together to support it. It's no use crying over spilled milk.

I am Irish and support Brexit wholeheartedly and wish our own politicians could have found a backbone whilst being bent over by the EU during the financial crisis.
Had they told the Germans to get out and play some bluff they would have saved a tiny country €300bn.

I am Irish and support Brexit wholeheartedly and wish our own politicians could have found a backbone whilst being bent over by the EU during the financial crisis.
Had they told the Germans to get out and play some bluff they would have saved a tiny country €300bn.
I remember that. The issue however wasn't caused by the EU, which bailed Ireland out. It was caused by the bankers that devised and sold dodgy credit.

I remember that. The issue however wasn't caused by the EU, which bailed Ireland out. It was caused by the bankers that devised and sold dodgy credit.

It wasn't caused by the EU of course. It was the blackmail from the EU to force us to bail out the banks bondholders to receive financing from EU (Germany). Now we see the enormous money thrown at Greece in the last year with no prospect of repaying to keep the Euro afloat. Our politicians bottled it and we also got punished for years of low corporation tax, so they got us good in the end.

I do feel somewhat guilty for almost half the remaining voters. I can imagine their pain. I have heard several people saying they moving and plenty others verbally discontent.

Everyone always wants to scapegoat the bankers. Guess what! The bankers are doing what the government allows them to. If the government truly wanted them to stop, they would prohibit their behavior. We in the States wanted to blame the bankers, but it was really the governments fault via Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac who told the banks to oversell mortgages. The government was sanctioning their bad behavior and tried to bend them over knee afterwards to save face.

Bankers are capitalists and businessmen first, unike the government. Everyone should expect this type of behavior from bankers, but not from the government whose priority is to the people. Banks and bankers do not have the same obligation morally or legally.

People should learn to exercise that 3 lbs of tissue in their skull and not do things just because the bank says everything will be "beer and skittles".