Brexit - in or out

have one for me .....I worked for a couple of years in cairns and that humidity sure made the ole VB taste great :)

N

A "cold one"-any variety, tastes good up there (I used to live in Darwin, NT and travelled and worked in Cairns quite a few times - great place).
Make sure the schooner is kept in the freezer prior to use mind!

Happy Brexit day!

I've nothing against the Scots, but I hope this will give them the gentle push they need.

I wonder how George Soros got on after his pronouncements (I bet he was on the short side all along the crafty ******)

Happy Brexit day!

I've nothing against the Scots, but I hope this will give them the gentle push they need.

I don't think that it will. They are a canny lot! If they see that EU is breaking up, they may decide to stay with UK. If the reverse happens, then they may leave. But, whatever happens, they'll play the best cards that they have.

They, probably, are in the best position of anyone, now and for two years.

Eire has a more serious problem.

Well that's the end of the stupid EU project.
They are falling over themselves demanding referendums.

Interesting. First, we've got to get a government that is prepared to take us out since the referendum is not binding. Then the EU has to stay very much the same because if it does reform itself we will be leaving a very different animal. This could drag on for years with another referendum (or more).

Even though I think the lunatics have taken over the asylum I hope this doesn't happen and that we try to get clear as quickly as possible in order to get some stability back in place and get the economic damage repaired (and the sudden leak in my pension pot plugged).

Interesting. First, we've got to get a government that is prepared to take us out since the referendum is not binding. Then the EU has to stay very much the same because if it does reform itself we will be leaving a very different animal. This could drag on for years with another referendum (or more).

Even though I think the lunatics have taken over the asylum I hope this doesn't happen and that we try to get clear as quickly as possible in order to get some stability back in place and get the economic damage repaired (and the sudden leak in my pension pot plugged).

Given the political climate and fractious voter nature we had seen ever since 2008, it was both necessary for the tories to promise a referendum in order to get elected and stupid in the way they subsequently handled it.
No surprise here that we are leaving. Cameron leaving his post was perhaps not the best outcome, but there is a wealth of talent who can steer us through it. I just hope it won't be Boris, but even if it is, his clowning days are well and truly over and he has a responsibility now to the public to ensure that Brexit is a success.

I understand that "Out" means just that. I can't see anymore referendums on the horizon, at all. Try not to be a wishful thinker, Jon. Everyone has to adjust to the new circumstances and move on, not just the UK, but over here, as well.

I understand that "Out" means just that. I can't see anymore referendums on the horizon, at all. Try not to be a wishful thinker, Jon. Everyone has to adjust to the new circumstances and move on, not just the UK, but over here, as well.

I'm not a wishful thinker. Now that we've got the result I just want them to get on with it. I just don't trust politicians not to procrastinate for ages.

I'm not a wishful thinker. Now that we've got the result I just want them to get on with it. I just don't trust politicians not to procrastinate for ages.

They will procrastinate for the two years that they have to negotiate, I've no doubt
and, during that time there will be some unpleasant surprises that the Brexiters had not thought of , but the cut off date is two years. You know Brussels! Straight bananas and straight talking.

Mate the people spoke,
I gave up democracy years ago.
This gives me a bit of faith in democracy.

Might even put some carrot seeds in over the weekend for the spring.

Well again the pollsters were wrong by a good margin..........:LOL:

I think part of their problem was that this time each individual vote counts where as in a general election many seats are won by a big margin and lots of voters don't bother.

What a great day and now you could be rid of Scotland, well maybe enough miracles for a few decades.

Spoke with a lot of very happy people today already. In honour of Attilla here's some smileys :cheesy::clap:(y):LOL::whistle:eek::rolleyes::clover::clover::clover::clover:

It is the government of the people and to be sure the people were asked a specific question and have spoken. Any government not adhering to that clear message would get short shrift.

bd0be50318b9f4a5f1bd52cdde27ceb4.jpg
761da1d5eb851c4a7b7c84245bad2cf9.jpg

Scenes from channel tunnel
c5fbca3b0af66129077b5173d261469e.jpg