Brexit - in or out

I do feel somewhat guilty for almost half the remaining voters. I can imagine their pain. I have heard several people saying they moving and plenty others verbally discontent.

Don't feel guilty :). I do expect you to feel conned when the promises prove pretty empty. So far today:

1. From Brexit - It won't be possible to allocate 380m to NHS
2. From Brexit - We never did promise immigration could be stemmed quickly and significantly - just managed better.
3. The French want to stop policing migrants at Calais. They can't, say Brexit, it's a bi-lateral agreement so we have to agree to them stopping. (Oh yeah, and what are we going to do about it if they just stop bothering - oh, we could have another war. Man the gunboats. :LOL:)
4. Germany says holding the EU together and discouraging others from leaving is much more important than losing some sales to UK. (so no favourable deal in the offing then).

It's all too late now anyway. We're off out so will have to make the best of it - and I expect we won't do too badly either.

The government didn't allow them to do it. The safeguards where insufficient to pickup the problem. You're making out as though they were colluding and wanted a meltdown. That's conspiracy talk isn't it

The government didn't allow them to do it. The safeguards where insufficient to pickup the problem. You're making out as though they were colluding and wanted a meltdown. That's conspiracy talk isn't it

sorry, not with you - allow them to do it?

i'm merely reporting reality striking home in relation to some of the things brexit said and promised (not that they were ever in a position to promise anything since they are not a political party who could go on to win a general election and form a government).

Don't feel guilty :). I do expect you to feel conned when the promises prove pretty empty. So far today:

1. From Brexit - It won't be possible to allocate 380m to NHS
2. From Brexit - We never did promise immigration could be stemmed quickly and significantly - just managed better.
3. The French want to stop policing migrants at Calais. They can't, say Brexit, it's a bi-lateral agreement so we have to agree to them stopping. (Oh yeah, and what are we going to do about it if they just stop bothering - oh, we could have another war. Man the gunboats. :LOL:)
4. Germany says holding the EU together and discouraging others from leaving is much more important than losing some sales to UK. (so no favourable deal in the offing then).

It's all too late now anyway. We're off out so will have to make the best of it - and I expect we won't do too badly either.

1) this was known before the vote. People seems to still believe it without actually finding out.

2) Government sets the criteria according to the economy's needs and this drives the type of visa associated with long-term stay. If you know anything about the au style immigration system you would know that they deal in quotas in respect to their skill needs. This is where control comes from (didn't think I would need to explain that it's a nobrainer). Another point I should raise in this area. Only the best are allowed in on skills based visas. It isn't as case of getting enough points and you're off to the races. You go into a pool of people that also meet the criteria and government decides from this pool who is chosen and it goes by the highest points first. You could be in the pool for years and never get accepted.

3) being separate from the EU means we need to control our borders. This isn't a big deal and probably means more jobs for people.

4)Their economy is not growing and you suggesting they cut their arm off to spite their face. Ain't going to happen - Germany industry have already said it would be foolish. No government of EU members will accept a referendum request from their people (not now at least)

The government allowed them to do it through inaction. They knew full well what was going on and did nothing. I am not saying its a conspiracy. There was no cover-up necessary. It's simple logic. The government could not have foreseen the negative consequences but they were less than reactive.

1) this was known before the vote. People seems to still believe it without actually finding out.

2) Government sets the criteria according to the economy's needs and this drives the type of visa associated with long-term stay. If you know anything about the au style immigration system you would know that they deal in quotas in respect to their skill needs. This is where control comes from (didn't think I would need to explain that it's a nobrainer). Another point I should raise in this area. Only the best are allowed in on skills based visas. It isn't as case of getting enough points and you're off to the races. You go into a pool of people that also meet the criteria and government decides from this pool who is chosen and it goes by the highest points first. You could be in the pool for years and never get accepted.

3) being separate from the EU means we need to control our borders. This isn't a big deal and probably means more jobs for people.

4)Their economy is not growing and you suggesting they cut their arm off to spite their face. Ain't going to happen - Germany industry have already said it would be foolish. No government of EU members will accept a referendum request from their people (not now at least)

Ok have it your way, I just relayed what brexit and/or others were saying today(it was the adjusted figure of 180m not going to NHS btw, not the other one).

I would like to say congratulations to Brexiters but with the added caveat, it being subject to a 10-20 year delay assuming the outcome is positive.

Cameron has done the right thing. If he tried to hang onto power, Tory glory boys would have torn the party apart. As it happens in time for the party conference some coherent strategy and new leader can be selected.

Sadly I see no desirable or electable leader in the Tory party. Same for the labour party. Here maybe an opportunity for the Liberals to gain back some votes and raise their profile again.

The Big Issue now as expected, Boris and Gove have to deliver on their promises. Control migration numbers, raise wages and reduce house prices. Increase trade with the rest of the World whilst maintaining trade with EU partners.

fwiw Walking around London this morning the atmosphere seemed one of stunned realisation on the Brexit vote and what awaits the City and the UK?

(y)

fwiw Walking around London this morning the atmosphere seemed one of stunned realisation on the Brexit vote and what awaits the City and the UK?

(y)

No,wonder......only,place,that was pretty solid,in saying remain alongside Scotland......Londoners (and ex Londoners like myself ) must wonder what the hell happened

A little like most brexiters that all seem to be saying .....I voted,but didn't think we would actually win

So,to all,you masters of your own destiny .....be careful what you wish for
....because it just came true.....

Oh well we are lumbered now with the aftermath so may as well make the best of things.......market volatility again Monday anyone ?

N

I spoke to around a dozen guys working in the city today and all were delighted.
They even hoped to get rid of Scotland too mostly. Demographic all white, all 38-55, all Londoners.

Now a lot of these guys don't live in London, rather the home counties and are on the train every morning. I have a narrower circle of acquaintances it seems.

I spoke to around a dozen guys working in the city today and all were delighted.
They even hoped to get rid of Scotland too mostly. Demographic all white, all 38-55, all Londoners.

Now a lot of these guys don't live in London, rather the home counties and are on the train every morning. I have a narrower circle of acquaintances it seems.

Are you asking this to people in Siberia or have you traveled to the UK?

Are you asking this to people in Siberia or have you traveled to the UK?

UK at the moment, till Tuesday evening Sherlock. My Siberian friends might be pleased too as more chance of the sanctions being lifted as the UK is follower number one of your governments wishes.

This was known to be the case before the voting took place and was dismissed on several occasions on different interviews and debates. Nothing new here.

You are assuming all the debates were watched, all lies indexed, numbered, documented, cross checked, verified and accounted for.

I've lost count how many times I've heard the money we hand over to EU we can spend on our public services.

"TAKE BACK CONTROL"

The Brexiters rubbished experts pov and numbers, lied with stats, exaggerated their own numbers and now we are told it was a mistake.

With batting like that you should play for England :LOL:

Boris Johnson talking is like listening to a teddy bear with Downes Syndrome

The main thing now is that the break is done quickly. Britain is in for a lot of pain but the EU and the World cant let that spread.

FTSE out performs the euro markets by a long way.

Is that telling us something.

Attachments

• uk.JPG
    uk.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 101
You are assuming all the debates were watched, all lies indexed, numbered, documented, cross checked, verified and accounted for.

I've lost count how many times I've heard the money we hand over to EU we can spend on our public services.

"TAKE BACK CONTROL"

The Brexiters rubbished experts pov and numbers, lied with stats, exaggerated their own numbers and now we are told it was a mistake.

With batting like that you should play for England :LOL:
Brexiters know it isn't going to be a walk in the park but that doesn't mean it wasn't the right decision. Do you really believe people are that naive

UK at the moment, till Tuesday evening Sherlock. My Siberian friends might be pleased too as more chance of the sanctions being lifted as the UK is follower number one of your governments wishes.

Why would sanctions be lifted from Russia because of a Brexit, Nickpherian? :|