Brexit - in or out

I think part of their problem was that this time each individual vote counts where as in a general election many seats are won by a big margin and lots of voters don't bother.

What a great day and now you could be rid of Scotland, well maybe enough miracles for a few decades.

Spoke with a lot of very happy people today already. In honour of Attilla here's some smileys :cheesy::clap:(y):LOL::whistle:eek::rolleyes::clover::clover::clover::clover:

Plus the amount of crap people have had for not backing remain, ie bigot etc etc etc.....probably made lots of people keep their voting intentions to themselves by saying "don't know"

Considering where the FTSE futures were a couple of times during the night, the 260 down isn't that bad, hell i said to the chaps on here last night that i was going to put a couple of steaks on the grill, brexit were in the lead after Sunderland amd a few others had declared etc, was down stairs only a few mins, to come back up to my office and the count gone in remains favour, but to slowly watch Brexit catch up, overtake then win...

Stunning night.

Considering where the FTSE futures were a couple of times during the night, the 260 down isn't that bad, hell i said to the chaps on here last night that i was going to put a couple of steaks on the grill, brexit were in the lead after Sunderland amd a few others had declared etc, was down stairs only a few mins, to come back up to my office and the count gone in remains favour, but to slowly watch Brexit catch up, overtake then win...

Stunning night.

How was the steak? forgot to ask :LOL:

How was the steak? forgot to ask :LOL:

Honestly, i had them, while glued to the BBC on one monitor, when i'd finished, i couldn't remember actually eating the darn things........i should have had the chicken.......:LOL:

Slowly the FTSE rises from its lows......superb.....i'm off to the Pub, enjoy your weekends.......:)

Last edited:
I guess commiserations to Atilla. You tried so hard for the remain camp.
I see the architect of the whole schemozzle has now done the decent thing and resigned.
He need not have called a referendum even. But to lose so decisively your own call shows a certain lack of astuteness and poor judgement.

Roll on Boris I suppose. The home politicians may well elbow out Farage as they scramble for the top job and he has completed his.

In Australia they are saying this is new new PM for the UK.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 87
My predictions:

The official exit date will be set as 01 Jan 2019.
An exit task force will be setup before Cameron steps down.
Osborne will go soon enough also
Corbyn will survive.
Italy will get a referendum, France will only get one if the current leadership does poorly in their own elections, Dutch, I'm not sure.
Talks about Turkey Accession will increase pressure on other states to hold referendums
Russia will invade the baltic states
Trump will win by a narrow margin causing all sorts of mayhem
The FTSE will drop to around 5100 and will be a good buying opportunity
Cable will drop to around 1.21 and will chop around before beginning to rise again

It is the government of the people and to be sure the people were asked a specific question and have spoken. Any government not adhering to that clear message would get short shrift.

Yeah, I go along with that. It's an interesting situation since parliament will have to pass a bill to secede with the majority of MPs in the remain camp as is the current governments policy.

If that policy doesn't change they' should and will be turfed out, of course (how ? - barring a general election). Really the make up of the government has got to change to properly reflect and action the will of the people. Either that or a general election.

Yeah, I go along with that. It's an interesting situation since parliament will have to pass a bill to secede with the majority of MPs in the remain camp as is the current governments policy.

If that policy doesn't change they' should and will be turfed out, of course (how ? - barring a general election). Really the make up of the government has got to change to properly reflect and action the will of the people. Either that or a general election.

I wouldn't rule out a general election, though it will be tricky as not to be confused with a back door second go at the vote.

I am Irish and was living there when we rejected the treaty of Nice in 2001 and we got a good telling off from the EU masters and were told go have another go which we duly did and second time it passed. Another reason not to like the EU.

Remember this guys?

Attachments

• article-2254299-16AD3EF0000005DC-274_634x811.jpg
    article-2254299-16AD3EF0000005DC-274_634x811.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 90
Being a British politician has become a whole lot more interesting now. Some of them must be grinning inside.

Being a British politician has become a whole lot more interesting now. Some of them must be grinning inside.

Not so much fun being a UK MEP. They woke up to a nasty shock and a P45 on their pillows.

At least it was on their pillow and not in the post box because they would need to get out of bed to get it and I am sure they are still in bed.

Last edited:
At least it was on their pillow and not in the post box because they would need to get out of bed to get it and I am sure they are still in bed.

I thought they need to sign in for 10 minutes to get extra dough, must be a huge effort.