Brexit - in or out

Frauke Petry for German Chancellor.
Boris Johnson for Prime Minister.
Le Pen for Président.

The Alternative For Germany (AfD) Party is the only party to have increased in popularity within the last few years. All others have decreased in support.

800px-German_Opinion_Polls_2017_Election.png

Last edited:
I'm not a wishful thinker. Now that we've got the result I just want them to get on with it. I just don't trust politicians not to procrastinate for ages.

I see what you mean! They are procrastinating if they do not notify Brussels before
Cameron's resignation in October.

Can you blame them ?......we the uk .....all 52% of us which is a clear and absolute majority just stuck 2 fingers up at Germany.......oh sorry Europe

So why let the unhappy guest stay on anyway longer than needed

N

We have just written an enormous cheque to fund the millions and millions required for,the civil service and government to have a buearaeucratfest over next few. Years

Let's warm up with a new government and prime minister.....throw in a jock referendum .....don't forget Ireland......and then send our brave suits over to renegotiate on every damn thing that took 40 years to get in place .......not perfect but it was relatively clear what the rukes were

I've had enough of this country so want to finally make the shift to foreign climes .......oh. Sh*t........look at the exchange rate.....whatever could have done that ?

But it's ok because we have now protected our country from the hoards of invaders who,take,our jobs and our security and our sweets and our toys and our sky tv and ............well worth selling our next generation down the river for and not be part of a multicultural economy and society.......

but hey we all get to hang a Red Cross flag outside our window.....will it be compulsory now in Brexit ?

I'm not bitter though........hahahahahahaha
N

Last edited:
The thing is they will need time to evaluate and plan for dealing with the inevitable. It is sensible for both sides to take time but these clowns can't see that. Like children they are crying and reacting without thinking.

I was ashamed to be in a meeting yesterday with my European colleagues (I work as a consultant for a very large multinational European company)

They can't understand why the uk voted out.......nether can I but then we must listen to the large majority of 52% .......right ?

Rant over.......sorry I just woke up,after,trading for 18 hours yesterday from early Asian session..... and havnt had my head in the real world affairs ......where Brexit is now a reality !!

N

Well at least traders can find profits and solice in the markets guaranteed volatility

I would like to,pull some upside,from this farce.....

Have a good weekend guys......

N

Gotta bite the bullet and be good democrats I suppose. I didn't like either option - thanks politicians.
We can watch in slow mo as the EU disintegrates, but from afar. Those bums in Brussels just couldn't see it coming. Fair warning and everything. Oh well.

I do feel somewhat guilty for almost half the remaining voters. I can imagine their pain. I have heard several people saying they moving and plenty others verbally discontent.

I'm sure we all have some sympathy for the 48% who didn't get the outcome they desired, but hopefully they will take a look at why and how they ended up in this position and on the losing side.
They certainly cannot blame the 52% who voted out.
Perhaps they should look at why their own side of the campaign failed to engage in a positive narrative which would perhaps have carried the day. Project bullying and fear, which is what it became, was never going to work in the UK as a whole. As a people, we are far too resilient to put up with that kind of nonsense.
So whoever took the decision to go down this route was seriously misguided.

On the leave side, there was at least some attempt to appeal to community and to deal with some of the causes and issues that ordinary people feel in their daily struggles.

I'm slightly peed off that Cameron felt the need to step down, as I felt both individually and as a government, still had much to offer.
Osborne most definitely has to go. I suspect he was the main architect of this fear based campaign.
Corbyn has to go. He was quite content watching from the side lines as the blue on blue action unfolded, until it was pointed out to him that their own side didn't have the support of working people. Even after this, his response was only lukewarm and he clearly didn't and still doesn't have any answers to address their concerns.

Longer uncertainty goes longer the headaches. EU concern now is to put England behind and move on. Thus quicky divorce would suit them.

I dont think we should initiate artilcle 50 ubtil new leader from the Brexit camp is elected and determines what n how they wish to proceed.

We may have avoided writing into English law 55 or 70 rules and directives that went against the UK, but considering we proposed and agreed to 94% of all other agreements from the EU since 2001 there is now shed loads of work there for civil servants to get their teeth into.

Which laws we accept and what do we reject? Right now they don't have the resources, departments, infrastructure, the approach in fact nothing to start anything. There is not even a view on what to do, how to do it or when?

So we need a new leader with a clear vision to make these decisions.

TAKE BACK CONTROL and vote for the Brexit leader to move the new negotiations forward.

I suspect Boris will become PM and IDS the new EU Brexit negotiator after his DSS work and experience. What happens to Farage is all very interesting too. Surely some role in the new cabinet :?:

They need to come to their senses pretty quickly. If they allow a vacuum to develop and this all starts to go the wrong way, then there will be hell on.

Not sure I understand your sentiment here. Cameron has done the honourable act to resign so that in the next three months before the party conference a new government to take us forward can be established.

Shocked to hear you say you are disappointed he stepped down. Weren't you the ones saying if he lost he and Osborne would have to go.

My colleague knew what he was doing when voting for a blast. It's going to be a blast indeed. Hell you say?

I'm sure quite a few of the 52% thinking bods putting two fingers up at the establishment knew what they were doing too.

Raising wages, employment, stopping migrants flooding the country and taking back control is not hell. It's your wet dreams come true.

Can someone remind me how many rules and direcctives on milk we'll be able to remove.

Can someone remind me how we'll be able to make / remove 45000 trade agreements and reduce tariffs in 6 months?

Flies **** approaching brain at 70mph (y)

Warnings and disappointments replacing hope and glory in your emails already and it's only the 2nd day.:idea:

. . . 4. Germany says holding the EU together and discouraging others from leaving is much more important than losing some sales to UK.
Very true.

I fear the writing's on the wall for the whole EU project. Without the U.K. contributing billions - I suspect Germany is going to struggle to carry the can on her own. It's too much for one country to do pretty much single handedly. She's certainly the linchpin; the EU can't survive without her. And it's just a matter of time before their own economy takes a downturn and/or the German people realize they are propping up a system that benefits just about everyone else but them. It's like being in the pub and realizing that you are the only one buying the drinks. Two or three times is annoying; after that it's adios amigos.

If the EU is to survive, it's going to have to make some properly major reforms from within: reforms it should have made long ago when euro skepticism really started to gain traction. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see that happening. All of which is a shame, because I still think the original idea of facilitating trade is good one and, if that was all that the EU was about (instead of becoming an out of control undemocratic political monster), I'd have voted remain.

In trading terms, Britain's departure is a large pullback. Only time will tell whether or not that turns into a full blown reversal.
Tim.

Not sure I understand your sentiment here. Cameron has done the honourable act to resign so that in the next three months before the party conference a new government to take us forward can be established.

Shocked to hear you say you are disappointed he stepped down. Weren't you the ones saying if he lost he and Osborne would have to go.

My colleague knew what he was doing when voting for a blast. It's going to be a blast indeed. Hell you say?

I'm sure quite a few of the 52% thinking bods putting two fingers up at the establishment knew what they were doing too.

Raising wages, employment, stopping migrants flooding the country and taking back control is not hell. It's your wet dreams come true.

Can someone remind me how many rules and direcctives on milk we'll be able to remove.

Can someone remind me how we'll be able to make / remove 45000 trade agreements and reduce tariffs in 6 months?

Flies **** approaching brain at 70mph [emoji106]

Warnings and disappointments replacing hope and glory in your emails already and it's only the 2nd day.:idea:
Maybe you should take a leave of absence as you clearly angry at the outcome.

I'm sure we all have some sympathy for the 48% who didn't get the outcome they desired, but hopefully they will take a look at why and how they ended up in this position and on the losing side.
They certainly cannot blame the 52% who voted out.
Perhaps they should look at why their own side of the campaign failed to engage in a positive narrative which would perhaps have carried the day. Project bullying and fear, which is what it became, was never going to work in the UK as a whole. As a people, we are far too resilient to put up with that kind of nonsense.
So whoever took the decision to go down this route was seriously misguided.

On the leave side, there was at least some attempt to appeal to community and to deal with some of the causes and issues that ordinary people feel in their daily struggles.

I'm slightly peed off that Cameron felt the need to step down, as I felt both individually and as a government, still had much to offer.
Osborne most definitely has to go. I suspect he was the main architect of this fear based campaign.
Corbyn has to go. He was quite content watching from the side lines as the blue on blue action unfolded, until it was pointed out to him that their own side didn't have the support of working people. Even after this, his response was only lukewarm and he clearly didn't and still doesn't have any answers to address their concerns.

Not sure how the EU would make deals with Cameron now. I think it is right he went and the EU will have to deal with people more committed to negotiations.

The rules are also the rules and if the EU try to force the UK out in a hurry as a warning to other nations I believe it will backfire on them again, like project fear. People all over Europe have enough of being dictated to and the EU seem content to dig the hole bigger and the disconnect will continue to get worse.

Aside from that I found the BBC quite appalling to keep on for sometime yesterday to highlight that people with degrees voted in and those less educated voted out. Well unless democracy is only for those who stayed longer in education it is a mute point and if they applied that in USA then it would be Donald who. One person one vote.

Very true.

I fear the writing's on the wall for the whole EU project. Without the U.K. contributing billions - I suspect Germany is going to struggle to carry the can on her own. It's too much for one country to do pretty much single handedly. She's certainly the linchpin; the EU can't survive without her. And it's just a matter of time before their own economy takes a downturn and/or the German people realize they are propping up a system that benefits just about everyone else but them. It's like being in the pub and realizing that you are the only one buying the drinks. Two or three times is annoying; after that it's adios amigos.

If the EU is to survive, it's going to have to make some properly major reforms from within: reforms it should have made long ago when euro skepticism really started to gain traction. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see that happening. All of which is a shame, because I still think the original idea of facilitating trade is good one and, if that was all that the EU was about (instead of becoming an out of control undemocratic political monster), I'd have voted remain.

In trading terms, Britain's departure is a large pullback. Only time will tell whether or not that turns into a full blown reversal.
Tim.

Good post.....after THE nights events i went out of the house about 5.45am, to get some fresh air, went up on the fells for a walk, middle of nowhere, raining, soaked within minutes.......but for the first time since i was a child i felt English and British.

Maybe you should take a leave of absence as you clearly angry at the outcome.

Not angry at all mate, but I am very disappointed. Stunned mass public could have been so easily misled by a clever well crafted half lies, half truth and deceitful presentation of stats & numbers. Perhaps I shouldn't be, never the less still having trouble having to walk the path that now lays ahead of us. :whistling

Some may call this having a blast but I still can't get over my friend (not you, my real friend at work) thinkng it to be so. :eek:

Last edited: