Brexit - in or out

Yes and no. Certainly the thing is run by the non-elected with all that entails, but the council of ministers (who are democratically elected in their own countries) can change all that if they so wish.

True, big changes are necessary but, in my view, that of itself doesn't justify exit set against the peace that cohesion of Europe has given and the known advantages of being in a powerful trading bloc.

It's not good enough to guess that similarly advantageous trade deals would materialise. They might, they might not. In any event it's highly unlikely that they would be better than those we know we have now.

Did this peace and cohesion not exist when Yugoslavia tore itself apart in the early 90's and was the world not told by the EU, "it's ok chaps, just a little local difficulty, we'll sort it from here !

http://www.wrmea.org/1993-april-may/why-europe-failed-to-halt-the-genocide-in-bosnia.html

A little while later...us and the yanks had to go in and sort the whole sorry mess out. As is always the case.

Also, the last thing the EU is "a powerful trading bloc" but that's been covered already.

Last edited:
The EU is the world's biggest market. 50% of UK exports go to EU. Non EU companies build factories in UK because it is in EU. Around 3.5 million British jobs are directly linked to British membership of the EU's single market. It gives UK more influence in the world being a member. The EU has helped secure peace among western European nations etc. etc.

IN

The EU is the world's biggest market. 50% of UK exports go to EU. Non EU companies build factories in UK because it is in EU. Around 3.5 million British jobs are directly linked to British membership of the EU's single market. It gives UK more influence in the world being a member. The EU has helped secure peace among western European nations etc. etc.

IN

Unfortunately, your figures are way out of date.

The "in" side just don't get it, you think it just comes down to money........couldn't give a monkeys about it, i don't want to be part of a European super state, and all your waffle about so called benefits are simply irrelevant.

The "in" side just don't get it, you think it just comes down to money........couldn't give a monkeys about it, i don't want to be part of a European super state, and all your waffle about so called benefits are simply irrelevant.

If you think the EU is a European super state then you'd better emigrate because we're staying in. Quite right, too, because the benefits do outweigh the disadvantages.

This is where Europe is heading, human nature is like i huge pendulum, we simply push an agenda too far in one direction, the result is the pendulum always swings back and hits us like a steam train, the further it was pushed the harder the return push....its who we are, always has been, natures one species without any common sense.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36353200

And before any wally says i'm wrong, you better tell history it is also wrong.

If you think the EU is a European super state then you'd better emigrate because we're staying in. Quite right, too, because the benefits do outweigh the disadvantages.

I can afford to live anywhere on the planet....i like Cumbria........Europe will fail, that is what i believe......as a friend of mine says, "time will tell"

I can afford to live anywhere on the planet....i like Cumbria........Europe will fail, that is what i believe......as a friend of mine says, "time will tell"

Ah well, it'll see me out and you, too, I reckon.

I like Cumbria as well but it does get a bit busy at times. Remember coming back from Scotland some years ago and coming across a sign on the motorway "Lake District closed" . Nipping up there for a wedding next w/e but only a fleeting visit unfortunately. We usually stay at Seatoller.

I think most people don't know their history, they don't pay attention to important current affairs and they only ever act when it is too late.

Oh well, such is life !

Tis a lovely area, all seasons, been up here about eight years, i'll become part of it one day....:p

Europe isn't like the US, relatively isolated, speaking one language, one common theme, well it was in the main part of it's history, Europe is different, it's an Elites paradise, pushing an agenda, an agenda where ultimately you and i don't really count, sometimes small is good, versatile, nimble to change to suite the environment it finds itself in, no matter what the benefits you may show me, and i may agree, i unwaveringly do not wish to be a part of it, Common Market, yes, but not where this is heading.

Off to the Pub my friend, enjoy your evening....Shane....:)

I'ts fair to say most peoples mind's are already made up.... so its irrelevant what figures or concerns are posted here, they are quickly dismissed or accepted depending which side you are on..

Anybody still undecided ????

No, didn't think so...

OUT...OUT...OUT,,,(y)