Brexit - in or out

That's the whole point of the search feature. What is the point of having hundreds of thousands of documents and not providing a search capability. This is what I did and if that's not what you expect then that's your problem not mine. What a weak comeback sir

e46d6ee7fc84527b70b3f14888133760.jpg

Happy Friday lads

We don't have to do ANY deals with anyone.

WTO rules are the default position for ALL countries, unless countries decide to negotiate separate trade deals.

It is the "remain" side that are peddling the myth that we have to have trade deals.

Have you penned that apology letter to you're former professors yet? :LOL:

You'll need some of this.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/beginners-guide-to-export-controls

You'll also need some of that.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/import-controls

Don't forget to catch up on these too...
http://ec.europa.eu/trade/import-and-export-rules/import-into-eu/index_en.htm

http://exporthelp.europa.eu/thdapp/index.htm
Export Helpdesk
My export

Which tariffs, requirements and trade preferential arrangements apply to my country & product?
Check it here!
Share Export Helpdesk with others:

The European Union is the world's largest single market and the Export Helpdesk is your online portal to access it!

In just a few clicks companies can find the EU tariffs, requirements, preferential arrangements, quotas and statistics relating to imports from trade partner countries.

That's the whole point of the search feature. What is the point of having hundreds of thousands of documents and not providing a search capability. This is what I did and if that's not what you expect then that's your problem not mine. What a weak comeback sir

Well if it was your industry and you wanted to trade you'd catch up on the parts as it is relative to you.

i.e. Applicable to you.

But you guys in order to shout out loud quote 12000 regulations applied to milk which isn't the case.

Believe me you'll be doing nothing different but simply replacing one set of regs with another UK based ones.

Where as now if you are trading within the EU, most of these get by passed if manufacturing and production is harmonised.

Once again you are making big capital out of not much. Problem with milk is there is over production. Hence, milk prices forever falling. There aren't sufficient markets for it.

EU is trying to help farmers by centrally trying to control and coordinate. You can try and scrap that and say let every farmer deal with his own troubles.

So I still don't see where these 12000 regulations are to do with milk???

Why should I find it. I've never heard of a British farmer quibling about not knowing how to export milk.

I have heard of them commenting on how they can't find English labourers prepared to do the work that Bulgarians do however.

So who exactly are you defending or trying to impress with this false 12000 number?

Typical. You quote a number with no reference and then tell me to look google with zillion hits.

N1 (y)

You'll need some of this.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/beginners-guide-to-export-controls

You'll also need some of that.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/import-controls

Don't forget to catch up on these too...
http://ec.europa.eu/trade/import-and-export-rules/import-into-eu/index_en.htm

http://exporthelp.europa.eu/thdapp/index.htm
Export Helpdesk
My export

Which tariffs, requirements and trade preferential arrangements apply to my country & product?
Check it here!
Share Export Helpdesk with others:

The European Union is the world's largest single market and the Export Helpdesk is your online portal to access it!

In just a few clicks companies can find the EU tariffs, requirements, preferential arrangements, quotas and statistics relating to imports from trade partner countries.

Seen some lame comebacks in my time but this is exceptional.

We must comply to all of the above and more already.....so what's your point caller?

Seen some lame comebacks in my time but this is exceptional.

We must comply to all of the above and more already.....so what's your point caller?

Trying to find out about your regulation shout.

Need more info, digging on trying identify what's what? Will do so for my own benefit.

Your 12000+ regulations on milk don't hold water though.

If any of your past facts to go with it's obvious to me you have trouble with statistics and numbers.

Trying to find out about your regulation shout.

Need more info, digging on trying identify what's what? Will do so for my own benefit.

Your 12000+ regulations on milk don't hold water though.

If any of your past facts to go with it's obvious to me you have trouble with statistics and numbers.

I never mentioned milk :LOL:

Nowt rong wi mi maths or comprehension :LOL:

Found this quote from One Mikhail Gorbachev, former Soviet leader.
:LOL::LOL:

“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”. Mikhail Gorbachev

I never mentioned milk :LOL:

Nowt rong wi mi maths or comprehension :LOL:

It's not personal CV get over your self.

We are talking Brexit remember :)

You previous link reporting success of EU clearly showed lack of comprehension imo. Perhaps it's just me. :cheesy:

Found this quote from One Mikhail Gorbachev, former Soviet leader.
:LOL::LOL:

“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”. Mikhail Gorbachev

Yep and just as funny how Russia and China have implemented free market policies to some degree.

Mixed economic models work best. (y)

It's not personal CV get over your self.

We are talking Brexit remember :)

You previous link reporting success of EU clearly showed lack of comprehension imo. Perhaps it's just me. :cheesy:

Yes it is definitely just you. :LOL:

The EU is not growing economically...it's dead...this is a fact....nothing to do with whatever opinions I hold....you can search for evidence of this fact everywhere.

Why would we want to be tethered to a corpse?

The people have to take back control. This is democracy. Governments are elected to carry out the wishes of the people. If they do not, then we can vote them out.

The EU is a non elected body of bureaucrats who cannot be voted out. This is not a democracy.

The vast majority of UKIP are disenfranchised Tories. They didn't spring up overnight, they have a long history and it's worth reminding everyone that they have the highest number of elected MEP's in the EU parliament from the UK. They are the only reason we are having this referendum.

Lets also not forget, Cameron and his conservatives were not voted back in on their ability to govern.

1. There was no opposition, Many people took a dislike to Ed Milliband on a personal level.
Farrage is not intelligent enough nor politically experienced to lead and Clegg is/was the weak duckling.

2. Some clever spin doctor scared the absolute crap out of the electorate by saying that Labour would have to form a coalition with the SNP to gain a majority. Which obviously worked...

So by default, in walks dodgy Dave for another four years.. :whistling

And as for Jeremy Corbin..:LOL: :LOL: Should be wearing baggy trousers and a red nose.

Shame the same could not be done to save B Leyland.

The long-running debate over the economic benefits of membership remains unresolved
©Jonathan McHugh
Mike Matthews, the gritty managing director of a car parts company that once came close to collapse, has seen at first hand how the EU has tested Britain’s economy by unleashing greater competition.

And yet the experiences of his company, Nifco UK, are the reason why he will be voting Remain in June’s referendum on whether the UK should leave the bloc — a vote in which economic arguments could prove decisive.

His is a story that goes to the heart of the broader history of the UK in Europe and the long, unresolved debate over the economic benefits of membership. In the third part of a series on the implications of Brexit, the Financial Times looks at how the EU has changed the British economy.

A decade ago, Nifco UK was in deep trouble. It had lost control of costs in the highly competitive business to supply British-based car plants that sell across Europe.

Rivals in Germany and elsewhere threatened to devour the company’s market for handles, plastic pipes in car engines and seatbelt covers. Nifco UK badly needed a turnround plan.

More video
The predicament was the same that thousands of British companies have confronted since the UK joined the European bloc in 1973, ending long years of preferential ties with the country’s former colonies.

Greater competition from the continent has proved difficult to adjust to, despite the rewards of access to the biggest market in the world. “We don’t have price increases,” Mr Matthews says, referring to the pressure to stay competitive even when the price of raw materials goes up. “Every year we have to give cost reductions.”

In response, Nifco UK modernised, at its base near Stockton-on-Tees, in one of Britain’s most deprived regions. The group’s Japanese parent invested in personnel, plant and research. Today even the reception desk is automated and gleaming machinery looms over workers on the factory floor. The company has moved ahead of its German competitors, acquiring plants in Germany, Spain and Poland, and supplying 286 car plants worldwide.

To Mr Matthews, access to the EU single market is vital. “If you’re an ambitious business, do you want a 1.6m [car] market or a 18m potential market?” he says. But many other executives complain that EU red tape has stifled entrepreneurialism and held them back.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/202a60c0-cfd8-11e5-831d-09f7778e7377.html#axzz49CY5FEoj

For decades, British companies have struggled to respond to competition elsewhere in the EU, with some household names disappearing. British Leyland, the once mighty car manufacturer, and ICI, the industrial conglomerate, are just two of the titans that have collapsed. But those that have survived have often emerged stronger — and with unimpeded access to a vast market of more than 500m people, the most valuable in the world.

Perhaps the biggest issue in the June 23 referendum is the question of whether 43 years in the EU have helped or hurt the British economy.
Many economists contend what matters most is not funds transferred between Brussels and London, or even claims of jobs created or destroyed. Instead, the central issue is how EU membership has changed the shape of the British economy — its competitiveness and openness to other markets — through the impact on thousands of companies such as Nifco.

“Competition forces these guys to improve or exit,” says Professor Nick Bloom of Stanford University, in words that echo Mr Matthews’ experiences. “The single European market increased competition and forced British firms to increase the level of innovation.”

4f626a1e-db03-11e5-a72f-1e7744c66818.img

The growth effect
Britain joined what was then the European Economic Community in 1973 as the sick man of Europe. By the late 1960s, France, West Germany and Italy — the three founder members closest in size to the UK — produced more per person than it did and the gap grew larger every year. Between 1958, when the EEC was set up, and Britain’s entry in 1973, gross domestic product per head rose 95 per cent in these three countries compared with only 50 per cent in Britain.

After becoming an EEC member, Britain slowly began to catch up. Gross domestic product per person has grown faster than Italy, Germany and France in the 42 years since. By 2013, Britain became more prosperous than the average of the three other large European economies for the first time since 1965.

Professor Nauro Campos of Brunel University has estimated how Britain would have fared if it had not joined the common market. He and his colleagues found the best approximation to Britain’s pre-1973 economic performance to be a combination of New Zealand and Argentina, which like the UK fell behind the US and continental Europe.

Mythbusting: Does the EU cost Britain £55m a day?

Many Eurosceptics rage against the UK’s annual £18bn transfer to the EU. Nigel Farage, leader of the pro-Brexit UK Independence party, has claimed that being in the bloc costs Britain £55m a day — which adds up to more than £20bn a year.

But the UK’s net transfer to the EU falls far short of such claims. A rebate secured by Margaret Thatcher in 1984 emphatically reduced the bill from the headline figure. London sent £13bn to Brussels last year. Against that, the UK received £4.5bn from the EU in regional aid and agricultural subsidies, and the private sector received a further £1.4bn direct from the EU budget.

That takes the net cost of membership to about £7bn, less than half a per cent of national income — about £260 a year for each British household.

Another often-quoted figure — the reported £33bn cost of regulation — comes from an impact assessment by Open Europe, a think-tank, of 100 EU rules. But it is based on only one side of the balance sheet.

Even though he does not like many of these regulations, Raoul Ruparel, the think-tank’s co-director, says the benefits of the regulations are “much higher” than the costs and “clearly not all of [the costs] would disappear after Brexit”.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/202a60c0-cfd8-11e5-831d-09f7778e7377.html#axzz49CY5FEoj

Lets also not forget, Cameron and his conservatives were not voted back in on their ability to govern.

1. There was no opposition, Many people took a dislike to Ed Milliband on a personal level.
Farrage is not intelligent enough nor politically experienced to lead and Clegg is/was the weak duckling.

2. Some clever spin doctor scared the absolute crap out of the electorate by saying that Labour would have to form a coalition with the SNP to gain a majority. Which obviously worked...

So by default, in walks dodgy Dave for another four years.. :whistling

And as for Jeremy Corbin..:LOL: :LOL: Should be wearing baggy trousers and a red nose.

Imagine Cameron's delight and horror when he awoke to the news of his election victory.

Delight that the shackles were off and that Labour had been decimated in the process.

Horror that he would now have to deliver a referendum as requested by the voters.

TBH I'm enjoying the new way of doing politics. It's all about exposing and rubbishing anything to do with government, establishment, crony capitalism, banks, institutions. You name it, it's all fair game now.

Perhaps we ought to declare our interest in the Brexit debate ? This might be a job, sales of a pet widget, holidays abroad etc.

Mine is really neutral as my pension isn't likely to rise either way or my trading get any better.

There is another very large factor looming in the distance. And that is the over capacity of production. Should countries try and boost their companies/ industries or let them go bust ? The world could see trading blocs like the EU in difficulties and draw up the drawbridge on too competitive imports. This triggers action from other blocks into a major trade war.

You do realise you supposed to search through those documents and identify one relating to your subject of interest right?

Like if you are not exporting to US or Dominic Republic it doesn't apply to you.

If you didn't have that you'll have the same from British regulation. There are UK Export and Import licence controls. Believe me they are just as mind boggling as any other piece of regulation. At least when you are exporting to EU you don't have to go thourh

Let's just pick one for analysis so we know what you guys are barking about.

This one below is as a consequence of Russia throwing a strop re: Ukraine.

Seems perfectly reasonable to take a common stand, don't you?

Anyone in the industry should need to know you won't be able to sell your milk to Russia or China based on falling demand. This is clearly a good service provided to the industry. (y)

THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION,
Having regard to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
Having regard to Regulation (EU) No 1308/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 December 2013 establishing a common organisation of the markets in agricultural products and repealing Council Regulations (EEC) No 922/72, (EEC) No 234/79, (EC) No 1037/2001 and (EC) No 1234/2007 (1), and in particular Article 219(1) in conjunction with Article 228 thereof,
Whereas:
(1)
The milk and milk products sector is experiencing a prolonged period of severe market imbalance. Farm gate milk prices have been under pressure for the last 18 months due to imbalance between increased production and decelerating demand growth on the world market.
(2)
Despite the effectiveness of the measures already taken by the Commission, the situation continues deteriorating due to the fact that the closure of the Russian market and lower demand from China have hit the milk and milk products sector at a time where investments in production had been made in view of milk quota expiry on 31 March 2015 and positive prospects on the world market. On the basis of the available market analysis, any significant decrease in production volumes is not to be expected in the next two years.
(3)
Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2016/559 (2) authorises recognised producer organisations, their associations and recognised interbranch organisations in the milk and milk products sector to conclude voluntary joint agreements and take common decisions on the planning of milk production on a temporary basis for a period of six months. Given that the milk and milk products sector is predominantly characterised by cooperative structures, it is appropriate to extend that authorisation, including the related notification obligations to those entities established by milk producers. The same goes for other forms of producer organisations that have been established by milk producers in compliance with national law and are active in the milk and milk products sector, in view of maximising the measure's coverage.
(4)
In order to ensure the effectiveness of this Regulation, it should apply as soon as possible in parallel with Implementing Regulation (EU) 2016/559. Therefore, this Regulation should enter into force on the day following that of its publication,
HAS ADOPTED THIS REGULATION:
Article 1

Without prejudice to the provisions of Article 209(1) of Regulation (EU) No 1308/2013, Implementing Regulation (EU) 2016/559 shall apply mutatis mutandis to cooperatives and other forms of producer organisations that have been established by milk producers in compliance with national law and are active in the milk and milk products sector.
Article 2

This Regulation shall enter into force on the day following that of its publication in the Official Journal of the European Union.
This Regulation shall be binding in its entirety and directly applicable in all Member States.
Done at Brussels, 11 April 2016.
For the Commission
The President
Jean-Claude JUNCKER

I know the UK legislation is deep but the big difference is i can vote in a government that has the ability to change it whereas legislation or law defined by the EU is immutable by anyone other then the idiots who define it. Why would anyone choose to elect a regime of law where they have zero influence in changing it- "Over the past twenty years… there have been 72 occasions in the Council of Ministers where the United Kingdom has opposed a particular measure. Of those 72 occasions, we have been successful precisely 0 times and we have lost 72 times."

To say we are doing nothing by replacing EU regulation with UK regulation is not going to be different is so laughable i might even choke on my tongue. Try changing a policy through democratic means... good luck with that

My point of all the legislation and law isn't to state that is is useless but is in reference to the immutable aspect of it from a democratic standpoint. So you can try call me out by saying i don't have evidence of 12000 legislation's even though you just too lazy to actually read it (so am i but i tried). You can state they are all good for you but there you have for example the UK fishing industry declining across all coastal areas because our effective fishing area has been reduced to 12 miles along with restrictive quotas within that area. Trying to state that its all just propaganda really shows me how naive you really are and living under a rock by the looks of it.
You also mention farmers commenting on how they can't get British workers because they are not prepared to do the work. That's rubbish and you know it. EU workers are happy to live in caravans or 4 to a bedroom while sending money to their home country because they can't get work there. This is the real crux of it. British people would be more than happy to do this work if the pay was reasonable. I have known a few people in my time who told me that they would need to work 18 hour days back home to get the same pay. The fact is you can't live in any comfort off the wages offered by farm work period....

Atilla BIO...
Happy to give up democracy and watch family and friends suffer economic woes in the EU. Loves Turkish Kebabs and can't wait to enjoy one on a street corner nearby. Love voting for a government that cant change a thing in the EU. Enjoys losing the British culture because the UK is full of EU migrants who undercut British salaries. Loves waiting hours and weeks for a DR appointment and hopes and prays every day there is never going to be a need for an operation because he will be dead before an opening arrives. Has a secret crush on Lagarde and hopes to score with her in the summer holidays. Committed to joining the Euro because who gives a crap about the British anyway - when in Rome do as the Romans do. Cannot stand people who don't follow the sheep and find every effort to discredit those who don't see the EU as the savior of the British culture ... VIVA EU

To be continued in a polish bar near you...

I know the UK legislation is deep but the big difference is i can vote in a government that has the ability to change it whereas legislation or law defined by the EU is immutable by anyone other then the idiots who define it. Why would anyone choose to elect a regime of law where they have zero influence in changing it- "Over the past twenty years… there have been 72 occasions in the Council of Ministers where the United Kingdom has opposed a particular measure. Of those 72 occasions, we have been successful precisely 0 times and we have lost 72 times."

To say we are doing nothing by replacing EU regulation with UK regulation is not going to be different is so laughable i might even choke on my tongue. Try changing a policy through democratic means... good luck with that

My point of all the legislation and law isn't to state that is is useless but is in reference to the immutable aspect of it from a democratic standpoint. So you can try call me out by saying i don't have evidence of 12000 legislation's even though you just too lazy to actually read it (so am i but i tried). You can state they are all good for you but there you have for example the UK fishing industry declining across all coastal areas because our effective fishing area has been reduced to 12 miles along with restrictive quotas within that area. Trying to state that its all just propaganda really shows me how naive you really are and living under a rock by the looks of it.
You also mention farmers commenting on how they can't get British workers because they are not prepared to do the work. That's rubbish and you know it. EU workers are happy to live in caravans or 4 to a bedroom while sending money to their home country because they can't get work there. This is the real crux of it. British people would be more than happy to do this work if the pay was reasonable. I have known a few people in my time who told me that they would need to work 18 hour days back home to get the same pay. The fact is you can't live in any comfort off the wages offered by farm work period....

Atilla BIO...
Happy to give up democracy and watch family and friends suffer economic woes in the EU. Loves Turkish Kebabs and can't wait to enjoy one on a street corner nearby. Love voting for a government that cant change a thing in the EU. Enjoys losing the British culture because the UK is full of EU migrants who undercut British salaries. Loves waiting hours and weeks for a DR appointment and hopes and prays every day there is never going to be a need for an operation because he will be dead before an opening arrives. Has a secret crush on Lagarde and hopes to score with her in the summer holidays. Committed to joining the Euro because who gives a crap about the British anyway - when in Rome do as the Romans do. Cannot stand people who don't follow the sheep and find every effort to discredit those who don't see the EU as the savior of the British culture ... VIVA EU

To be continued in a polish bar near you...

:LOL: OMG - this biography made me laugh long and hard :LOL:

Cheers forker made my day.

Not quite me but 180 degrees approximately correct.

Re the regulations basically, I'm having trouble understanding the 12000 regulations or believing them to be real.

I'm almost tempted to dig further and call relevant departments asking for the regulations for me to export milk to let's say Italy.

That's all. Really. Let's say it's more for my benefit. (y)

All the best matey. :)