Brexit - in or out

There's an interesting disparity between the betting odds and what the pollsters are showing. Polls are saying neck and neck whilst the odds are showing a remain victory.

Yes, 1/4 stay, 3/1 leave. The bookies got the election result right, of course - money talks.

Yes, 1/4 stay, 3/1 leave. The bookies got the election result right, of course - money talks.

Long time to go and getting insignificant people lining up to scare people into remaining is already wearing thin. Hopefully, remain will carry on down this road until the shepple wake up and see this negative tactic for what it is.

Britain has over the last 40 years lost confidence in itself. You only have to look at all the foreign football managers to see this in action.

Time to talk ourselves up a lot and catch up the Yanks and Ozzies in this respect.

Long time to go and getting insignificant people lining up to scare people into remaining is already wearing thin. Hopefully, remain will carry on down this road until the shepple wake up and see this negative tactic for what it is.

I don't think either side is advancing much by way of positive argument are they.

Is it because the US regards us as a foothold in the EU ?

I would like to see a think tank of qualified people to urge proper reforms.

Well yes absolutely.

UK and US and EU interests are pretty much all aligned. We collectively represent the West? Right?

It's us v rest of the World.

That is the whole point about these pacts as the global place is becoming smaller and we can punch above our weight by being in it together.

Some people do not see these benefits and advantages in our changing times.

We are on the cusp of a new World order. (y)

Britain has over the last 40 years lost confidence in itself. You only have to look at all the foreign football managers to see this in action.

Time to talk ourselves up a lot and catch up the Yanks and Ozzies in this respect.

I was brought up to believe British is best and that certainly seemed true as I travelled around in my youth. To my eyes it's become less and less true over the last 40 years and that may be more to do with complacency than confidence imo.

Well yes absolutely.

UK and US and EU interests are pretty much all aligned. We collectively represent the West? Right?

It's us v rest of the World.

That is the whole point about these pacts as the global place is becoming smaller and we can punch above our weight by being in it together.

Some people do not see these benefits and advantages in our changing times.

We are on the cusp of a new World order. (y)

Book an appointment with the doctor....you need help !

I was brought up to believe British is best and that certainly seemed true as I travelled around in my youth. To my eyes it's become less and less true over the last 40 years and that may be more to do with complacency than confidence imo.
Maybe the rest have caught us up ?
In which case we need to re-invent ourselves imho

Very difficult when the supposedly impartials seem to be under instruction by the remain camp.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/11/remainers-are-moving-heaven-and-earth--but-not-the-polls/

Who says they are supposed to be impartial - it's not a party political matter - and people like Carney have a responsibility to speak out in the best interests of the country and/or their particular responsibility. Others not carrying such responsibilities are nonetheless entitled to express an opinion. Maybe it's because you don't happen to like what they say and I'd guess that Brexiteers would be happy to parade a few such heavyweights if they could. Pity they can't find anyone :LOL:

I'm getting the distinct impression that the remain campaign are becoming increasingly desperate.

Any idea wtf ex mayor Bloomberg is doing warning on the dangers of exit? Perhaps he would like to comment on why we should remain :LOL:
I suspect dorky Dave got on all 4's and swallowed his pride

I find it interesting that the general theme of the remain camp is fear whereas the leave camp is positive.

Book an appointment with the doctor....you need help !

You need to get out and travel more.

Smell the breeze and catch the wind a little.

Listening to Radio 4, the assessment is that leaving the EU will impact housing in a negative way. Prices will fall, less builders available, less houses built. Not only that existing builder fees will go higher than what they are now due to shortages.

Then every yob can become an unskilled builder and rip the nation off.

Not my assessment. Professionals in the industry.

Do you listen to any intelligent programs that don't remotely coincide with your version or beliefs of the world.

You need a sanity reality check. (y)

Who says they are supposed to be impartial - it's not a party political matter - and people like Carney have a responsibility to speak out in the best interests of the country and/or their particular responsibility. Others not carrying such responsibilities are nonetheless entitled to express an opinion. Maybe it's because you don't happen to like what they say and I'd guess that Brexiteers would be happy to parade a few such heavyweights if they could. Pity they can't find anyone :LOL:

Nah this is just nonsense.

Nowhere does it say that they should be advising voters how to vote.

The remit of the governor of BOE
http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/monetarypolicy/Pages/framework/framework.aspx

The remit of the IMF
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/03/030703.asp

Obama
has his own mess to sort out and has no business whatsoever lecturing us on what we should be doing. His opinion isn't worth Jack.

Ex Mayor Bloomberg
.....WHAT :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Have you noticed that the EU leaders are silent on Brexit
They will be under instruction not to get involved.
Imagine it....Merkel or Hollande telling us what we should be doing :LOL::LOL:

Listening to Radio 4, the assessment is that leaving the EU will impact housing in a negative way. Prices will fall, less builders available, less houses built. Not only that existing builder fees will go higher than what they are now due to shortages.

Do you listen to any intelligent programs that don't remotely coincide with your version or beliefs of the world.

House prices rising, starting as always in London, is because everyone wants to come here you dork. Including the French, Russians, Arabs and so it goes down the line even as far as the unskilled we get from the rest of Europe.
The reason they all want to come here is because they don't like it back in their own countries.

For your information. The log jam on house building has fook all to do with how many builders there are and everything to do with where we are allowed to build houses. Land supply.

You are not going to win against this lot, mate. They are dedicated Faragists and Johnsonites. Only Referendum Day will prove to them the basic common sense of the majority of British people. :clap:

..........Nowhere does it say that they should be advising voters how to vote.

The remit of the governor of BOE
http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/monetarypolicy/Pages/framework/framework.aspx..........

Where has Carney advised anyone how to vote? All he has done is to say how exit would impact on his monetary policy framework objectives. Since he is charged with delivering price stability and support for the Government's economic growth and employment objectives that is eminently reasonable.

If we leave UK will lose out on many benefits.

That is not fear that is simply assessment of expected returns based on actions.

The leave camp need to show positives and benefits and there aren't any other than trumpeting what little they do have.

Regulation - blame decline of British Empire on too much regulation

Regulation - award rise of German industry and supremecy on removal of regulation (someone should remind them Germany is in the EU and leads it with UK and France close on their heels)

They are AVING one BIG freaky LAUGH. Do you guys serious believe those daft ridiculous allegations.

Ability to do new trade deals that they can't do now will lead the UK to greatness. REALLY

I find it amazing they can come out with so little and make such a big HOOT about nothing.

Amazing. :eek: