Brexit - in or out

These beurocrats in the EU are not stupid, they are getting very fat from over inflated salaries and golden handshakes, look how corrupt fifa is, of course they don't want any disruption to the cash cow...They play Cameron like the weak puppet he is.

just keep feeding us the millions great Britain and we will look after you.....aye..jog on.

Here is one scenario for us to think about...

Obama vacates office.
Trump beats Hillary
UK Brexits EU
Boris elected PM
UK - Boris, and US - Trump, consummate special relationship :love::love:

We all get to live and work happily ever after watching the EU fall apart???

Just Great!!! :whistling

Obama vacates office.
Trump beats Hillary
UK Brexits EU
Boris elected PM

The so called " Special Realationship " is mostly one way these days. For instance the US wants to invade Iraq. They conjure up some WMDs, guarantee the current PM a handsome pay off when he leaves office and the UK is in. The current PM is alright Jack it's the poor bloody taxpayer and military who have to pay the cost in lives and billions extra. The usual US led campaign is a complete failure as always. Rubbish

Obama vacates office.
Trump beats Hillary
UK Brexits EU
Boris elected PM

What is it about the EU that you think is so bloody marvellous?
I really am struggling to find anything good to say about it.

The so called " Special Realationship " is mostly one way these days. For instance the US wants to invade Iraq. They conjure up some WMDs, guarantee the current PM a handsome pay off when he leaves office and the UK is in. The current PM is alright Jack it's the poor bloody taxpayer and military who have to pay the cost in lives and billions extra. The usual US led campaign is a complete failure as always. Rubbish

PMs or Presidents only remembered if they engage in war.

So who would Trump like to trump other than the state of Isis which we all know is pretty much everywhere they live in breath?

Must attack one country n which country is that to be?

No shouting out Europe. Whilst being a very good answer it would be incorrect to state federal states of Europe is a country... just yet anyway but one lives on hope :)

Last edited:
PMs or Presidents only remembered if they engage in war.

So who would Trump like to trump other than the state of Isis which we all know is pretty much everywhere they live in breath?

Must attack one country n which country is that to be?

No shouting out Europe. Whilst being a very good answer it would be incorrect to state federal states of Europe is a country... just yet anyway but one lives on hope :)

You are officially bonkers.

federal states of Europe....never gonna happen....far too many across Europe now wising up to the agenda !

You are officially bonkers.

federal states of Europe....never gonna happen....far too many across Europe now wising up to the agenda !

Common currency
Common parliament
Common laws
Common tax
Common army
Common people

Voluntary Membership based on acceptance of rules.

Non-obligatory. Take it or leave it.

(y)

Pretty stupid of Cameron to have a go at Trump. As he is bound to beat Hillary.

As you say Trump is just longing to have a poke at someone. Another lost war coming up then ?

I'm with c.v on this too I'm afraid, we will remain part of nato, we will trade with Europe, we will remain friends with Europe, we will holiday in Europe, we would just like to govern ourselves . Is it such a big ask ? Yes, toys will be thrown out of prams at first, but they will get used to it after a while...

btw...you need to register online for ether a email or postal vote before June 7. Government are keeping this quiet for some reason..:whistling

I will go along with that, Mike, with one doubt. Do you mean we, on your side of the Channel, or we, on both sides of the Channel?

It seems to me that a lot is taken for granted.

About voting before June 7. I think that most voting outside would vote to stay, don't you?

We can't, because the limit is 15 years so here's five votes lost. What a pity!:cry:

Common currency
Already rejected
Common parliament
You should watch the vid in post 322. EU Parliament has no law making powers...fancy that !
You might ask...well what is the purpose of a parliament that has no powers ? When/ if, you find the answer, be a good chap and let us know what it's purpose is.
Common laws
Laws are made where there are seen to be issues....molesting women in the UK would be an issue, whereas in France, it seems to be a national pastime !
Common tax
Wot for ?
Common army
Wot for ?
Common people
Wot ?

Voluntary Membership based on acceptance of rules.

Non-obligatory. Take it or leave it.

(y)

Wot ?

What is it about the EU that you think is so bloody marvellous?
I really am struggling to find anything good to say about it.

personally I am not fussed whether we stay or go in truth........my problem is if we chose to leave the whole rulebook is torn up and we start again ....................country by country .......Brussels moves to Whitehall............and all the money simply gets diverted there on a gravy train for recruiting an army of civil servants making new rules :confused::whistling

N

personally I am not fussed whether we stay or go in truth........my problem is if we chose to leave the whole rulebook is torn up and we start again ....................country by country .......Brussels moves to Whitehall............and all the money simply gets diverted there on a gravy train for recruiting an army of civil servants making new rules :confused::whistling

N

You really should be concerned Neil. Certainly about the unelected officials in the EU and their power and influence over everything we do in the UK.
By contrast, if you look at the trends of spending on public sector as a share of gdp in the UK, you will see that the state is decreasing whilst the private sector is increasing. This is in line with the Tory manifesto commitment to reduce the public sector to more affordable levels. So if we do leave, then hopefully the money saved will be used to pay down some of the colossal debt we are carrying.

So WOT is the issue with sovereignty if EU can't pass any laws? Move on ;)

Why did Britain join the EU? A new insight from economic history

Nauro F. Campos, Fabrizio Coricelli 03 February 2015

Britain eschewed EU membership in the late 1950s but changed its mind in the early 1960s, only to be rebuffed by Charles de Gaulle. Membership came only in the early 1970s. This column argues that, among others, Britain joined the EU as a way to avoid its economic decline. The UK’s per capita GDP relative to the EU founding members’ declined steadily from 1945 to 1972. However, it was relatively stable between 1973 and 2010. This suggests substantial benefits from EU membership especially considering that, by sponsoring an overpowered integration model, Britain joined too late, at a bad moment in time, and at an avoidably larger cost.

Today, advocates of Britain leaving the EU parade two economic alternatives, one based on the Commonwealth and another on bilateral free trade treaties. As shown above (read link), these did not work as well, so it is unclear why they would now be superior to EU membership (Campos et al. 2014).

http://voxeu.org/article/britain-s-eu-membership-new-insight-economic-history

Last edited:
I will go along with that, Mike, with one doubt. Do you mean we, on your side of the Channel, or we, on both sides of the Channel?
X
It seems to me that a lot is taken for granted.

About voting before June 7. I think that most voting outside would vote to stay, don't you?

We can't, because the limit is 15 years so here's five votes lost. What a pity!:cry:

I'm just reading a book at the moment Split, Lords of finance....It explains how, after ww1 most of the allies borrowed billions from America to finance the war, Germany was about bust., the German Mark was so devalued that it's exchange rate rose to 11 trillion to the dollar,:LOL: workers were paid by the sack full of cash and instantly spent it all before it was worthless, France wasnt much better..I know it's going slightly off topic, but I'd rather be in charge of our own economy and regulations as opposed to being dictated to by these clowns.....hell, if it doesn't work out after 20 years we will just rejoin with our tails between our legs....:LOL:

I'm getting the distinct impression that the remain campaign are becoming increasingly desperate.

Any idea wtf ex mayor Bloomberg is doing warning on the dangers of exit? Perhaps he would like to comment on why we should remain :LOL:

I'm getting the distinct impression that the remain campaign are becoming increasingly desperate.

Any idea wtf ex mayor Bloomberg is doing warning on the dangers of exit? Perhaps he would like to comment on why we should remain :LOL:

I doubt it. Try and get a bet on - the odds for stay are hardening all the time.

Is it because the US regards us as a foothold in the EU ?

I would like to see a think tank of qualified people to urge proper reforms.

Is it because the US regards us as a foothold in the EU ?

Yes Pat, that's the only reason. The US want's us in there as a conduit to the EU for their purely self interest. They are most definitely NOT thinking of our interests.

I would like to see a think tank of qualified people to urge proper reforms.

I suspect this can only come about IF we vote leave. Something has to shock them to the core before they will change.

I doubt it. Try and get a bet on - the odds for stay are hardening all the time.

There's an interesting disparity between the betting odds and what the pollsters are showing. Polls are saying neck and neck whilst the odds are showing a remain victory.