Brexit and the Consequences

I was thinking of jacking it in and sailing West to NY but now that route is closed off and Titanic has started taking on water enroute to NA, feeling a little vulnerable. :(

I'll have to set sail towards the East, see how my Mongol brothers are doing? ;)

Iv'e already got my eye on the gold coast Qld should things go pear shaped...Oscar has kindly let me his spare room. (y)

It just shows Corbyn as a totally ineffective leader and highlights the indiscipline and lack of coherence within his party – rather ironical seeing as that's what they used to accuse the Tories of suffering (even if it was true!).

The bigger picture here is that currently there is no decent opposition to the government and that's not good for democracy. We just have a rabble of Labour/Lib Dems/Scots Nats, potentially UKIP and that wondrous off-her-trolley lady called Caroline from the Greens.

I also see that the Conservatives are dusting down and bringing forward their potential candidates procedures: are we going to see an election sooner rather than later?

Agree with what you say. Lack of opposition not good for the country.

Corbyn or the Labour party as it stands is not fit for that role.

Just as I don't particularly like TM cosying up to DT, I don't like the idea of JC cosying up to VP.

I don't trust Corbyn's intentions as he'll likely to do well when Brexit plans hit some rough choppy waters sooner or later and promises aren't delivered.

Thinking he is biding his time to see fractures in the Tory party.

Only reasonable challenge is from the LibDems. :rolleyes:

Iv'e already got my eye on the gold coast Qld should things go pear shaped...Oscar has kindly let me his spare room. (y)

Sorry Mike, too late. Trump is just about to veto the Aussie refugee deal with the US. So I guess Oscars spare room is out. :LOL:

Agree with what you say. Lack of opposition not good for the country.

Corbyn or the Labour party as it stands is not fit for that role.

Just as I don't particularly like TM cosying up to DT, I don't like the idea of JC cosying up to VP.

I don't trust Corbyn's intentions as he'll likely to do well when Brexit plans hit some rough choppy waters sooner or later and promises aren't delivered.

Thinking he is biding his time to see fractures in the Tory party.

Only reasonable challenge is from the LibDems. :rolleyes:

Perhaps they'll benefit from the lessons being learned by US Democrats.

I was thinking of jacking it in and sailing West to NY but now that route is closed off and Titanic has started taking on water enroute to NA, feeling a little vulnerable. :(

I'll have to set sail towards the East, see how my Mongol brothers are doing? ;)

Yup! – I can see your problem! After the glorious Brexiteeers have claimed the final victory they will doubtless eradicate all remaining opposition – even that of the Lib Dems underground movement. So, I think your only solution would be to take up residence on a desert island. You'll obviously need some company ie. a Man Friday and my first thought was your old mate Ken Clarke with whom you could broadly agree on most politics over a coconut or two. But then again, I have to admit that I quite like you Atilla and I wouldn't ever dream of inflicting Ken Clarke on any of my mates. So how about having CV counter_violent for company? You've both known each other for a long time and certainly wouldn't be short of lively debate - it would help to keep the old brain cells active.

CV: sorry about this but his post Brexit territorial needs are probably greater than yours and as a moderator you've had plenty of practice at being tolerant and reasonable. At least when you are both finally rescued, the transformations of the new post-EU environment would make your return feelings and welcoming celebrations just like those of the great world explorers of previous centuries. (y)

Perhaps they'll benefit from the lessons being learned by US Democrats.

I don't feel it's the party more the electorate as with the daft unions supporting a candidate who has no hope of power.

Yep I know, the people know best much like our brexiters.

Mass public will get what they vote for. Bleeding liars, cheats and fraudsters, not forgetting politicians who tell them what they want to hear.

Yup! – I can see your problem! After the glorious Brexiteeers have claimed the final victory they will doubtless eradicate all remaining opposition – even that of the Lib Dems underground movement. So, I think your only solution would be to take up residence on a desert island. You'll obviously need some company ie. a Man Friday and my first thought was your old mate Ken Clarke with whom you could broadly agree on most politics over a coconut or two. But then again, I have to admit that I quite like you Atilla and I wouldn't ever dream of inflicting Ken Clarke on any of my mates. So how about having CV counter_violent for company? You've both known each other for a long time and certainly wouldn't be short of lively debate - it would help to keep the old brain cells active.

CV: sorry about this but his post Brexit territorial needs are probably greater than yours and as a moderator you've had plenty of practice at being tolerant and reasonable. At least when you are both finally rescued, the transformations of the new post-EU environment would make your return feelings and welcoming celebrations just like those of the great world explorers of previous centuries. (y)

Well that's fine by me.:)
But he's paying for the wall :LOL:

Yup! – I can see your problem! After the glorious Brexiteeers have claimed the final victory they will doubtless eradicate all remaining opposition – even that of the Lib Dems underground movement.

Deport them just like here, just don't deport them here.

More good Brexit news!

Ok all Brexiteers, you knew it was going to be good but this good? Book your 14-week annual holiday right away before the law changes (y)

This is from page 32 of the White Paper:

hols.JPG

Sorry Mike, too late. Trump is just about to veto the Aussie refugee deal with the US. So I guess Oscars spare room is out. :LOL:

With the Brexit Parliament vote.

We might find a humanitarian crisis of people leaving the UK.

The problem is the British refugee arrives by plane.

Might be time to turn back the planes at Sydney airport.

I think Corbyn is playing a canny game of trying to win back labour voters that defected to UKIP. He knows he hasn't a cat in hells chance of winning an Election in the short term but if he wins back voters in the longer term by supporting the ideas of defected voters, well who knows?

A bit like the Austrians banning the burka to appeal to the far right defectors and bring them back to the more moderate centre.

Hey guys, just my take on the 12 main points in the White Paper.

1. Providing certainty and clarity; Well we had this before so no change here. If anything Brexit has unleashed much uncertainty and confusion.Quite the opposite to be fair.

2. Taking control of our own laws; This is a bit of non-sense too as we agree with 94% of all laws passed in the EU and some Government may not do other British citizen do. For example, the Financial Transaction Tax and limiting fat cat salaries. Moreover, Government will pass all EU law into British law so what's the big deal???

3. Strengthening the Union; On the contrary Brexit is weakening the union with descent coming from all three areas. Even Wales voted in favour, they will end up losing by not getting same level of grants.

4. Protecting our strong historic ties with Ireland and maintaining the Common Travel This is a fallacy too. Quite the opposite. Businesses from London however, may locate to Ireland to be part of the EU.
Area;

5. Controlling immigration; This is the real deal. However, Theresa May and non of the government have said nothing fixed and there are rumours UK may agree to some migration as well as contributing some amount of money.

6 The United Kingdom’s exit from and new partnership with the European Union This is Brexit. Not sure why it needs to be put down as a point.Sole Objective is it not?

6. Securing rights for EU nationals in the UK and UK nationals in the EU; We already have this. What they mean is changing rights. Political gobledegooky wishwash.

7. Protecting workers’ rights; We already have this too. What they mean is pass through new changes.

8. Ensuring free trade with European markets; We already have this so I can only assume it means Free trade without UK having to pay into be a member benefiting from many of the EU institutions and and BOK contained within.

9. Securing new trade agreements with other countries; Outside of EU agreements in the hope we can do better. Being a small country this is going to be much tougher than one is hoping for.

10. Ensuring the United Kingdom remains the best place for science and innovation; It already is with bn's of EU grants passed to our universities and R&D centres.

11. Cooperating in the fight against crime and terrorism; and We already do this.

12. Delivering a smooth, orderly exit from the EU. We live in hope...

To me it sounds like they were trying very hard to beef the paper up.

I've got more reading to do.