Brexit and the Consequences

Hi Split',
Well, put it this way: if c_v does a u-turn and says he's been wrong about Brexit all along and it's in the country's best interests to remain part of the EU, then I will, quite literally, eat my hat!
Tim.

Well, he’s wrong but the gentleman’s not for turning so your hat is safe :LOL:

I've not looked at this thread for months.
So is anything happening with this Brexit thing yet ?

Yes we're winning :rambo:

tenor.gif

I imagine by now that regular subscribers to this thread are pretty well informed on most (all?) of the key arguments on both sides of the Brexit debate. That said, I suspect we all know of people who, in spite of our best efforts, still can't quite fathom what Brexit is really all about. For those people, the video below may help as, IMO, it sums up the whole thing perfectly, very clearly and very eloquently. Enjoy . . .

I think we're all exasperated with the Brexit process.

Both main parties are committed to Brexit. I don't believe either would be trusted or be able to extract a significantly better deal from the EU than the other one. What makes a better deal probably won't be fully apparent for quarter a century anyway.

The on-going arguments are about who really runs the Conservative party, just as was the original EU membership referendum. If by ill chance we get a second Brexit referendum I won't be voting at all, I'm not the least interested in who's the Conservative parliamentary party leader.

Meanwhile

Bankers have been giving evidence to the commons select committee again and in the event of a No Deal, it is the Europeans who will suffer the most in the ensuing chaos. Bank chiefs have said that liquidity will hit EU and it's member countries far harder than it will in the UK.

This ties in with what I said months ago.....but what do I know....i'm just a moron (y)

I think we're all exasperated with the Brexit process.

Both main parties are committed to Brexit. I don't believe either would be trusted or be able to extract a significantly better deal from the EU than the other one. What makes a better deal probably won't be fully apparent for quarter a century anyway.

The on-going arguments are about who really runs the Conservative party, just as was the original EU membership referendum. If by ill chance we get a second Brexit referendum I won't be voting at all, I'm not the least interested in who's the Conservative parliamentary party leader.

OK, but what are your thoughts on the state of the Labour party and it's leaders?

I imagine by now that regular subscribers to this thread are pretty well informed on most (all?) of the key arguments on both sides of the Brexit debate. That said, I suspect we all know of people who, in spite of our best efforts, still can't quite fathom what Brexit is really all about. For those people, the video below may help as, IMO, it sums up the whole thing perfectly, very clearly and very eloquently. Enjoy . . .

:LOL::LOL:I do so love a balanced view.

Statistics are bunch of numbers.

You interpret them anyway you want.

1. On average older people voted to leave than the young who voted to remain.

2. More elderly people voted than young.

3. The education level of people who voted leave were lower than those who voted to remain.

Be interesting to know what the pegging order of income scales were as well but don't have those numbers.

It would not be unreasonable to conclude, well educated peeps, with high income and quality of lives were happy with the status quo and voted to remaain.

Those less well educated and lower on income scales and reward distribution who are unhappy with their lives voted to leave. This makes logical sense as if events are pear shape changing things around can't make things worse? Can it?

One can become indignant and self indulgentantly obtuse as one likes referring to outliers to disprove the status quo but statistics and numbers are there for each one of us to draw our own take on it all.

Each to their own. Knock your selves out. Doesn't change facts. Beliefs are a bunch of b0ll0x. Look at 3000 year old religions and how people blindly follow them.

In another 3000 years people will be talking same bull but less of it imo. (y)

Frankly speaking, imo that fella is a plank that's been sandpapered, bruced up nice and smooth but core is still a plank. (y)

Bankers have been giving evidence to the commons select committee again and in the event of a No Deal, it is the Europeans who will suffer the most in the ensuing chaos. Bank chiefs have said that liquidity will hit EU and it's member countries far harder than it will in the UK.

This ties in with what I said months ago.....but what do I know....i'm just a moron (y)

No it won't. Not with the ECB to bail them out.

What will hit you is Moggies lies about lower prices, higher wages and cheaper houses which is a lot of b0ll0x.

It should be clear to peeps with any reasonable rational that the prospect of a deal strengthens the pound and rise in the possibility of a hard brexit causes the pound to fall.

If no deal / hard brexit does materialise then fall in the pound to 1.20 v USD can be pencilled in. Perhaps even lower.

That's when inflationary pressures for fuel, oil and food stuff really will kick in.

To stave off inflation rates will rise along with unemployment and wages falling or remaining stagnant.

So yes house prices will come off the boil and if repossessions restart because peeps have over extended than house prices can well start falling. Foreign investments will be looking to sell up and leave UK

High mortgage payments will further depress disposable income and demand.

So you can see how this scenario will play out. You don't have to be Einstein to work it out.

However, it doesn't help, if one is a numpty and follows Moggy the B****ter because he talks with a twangy silver spooned ar5e coz one is unable to think for him self. :)

Statistics are bunch of numbers.

You interpret them anyway you want.

1. On average older people voted to leave than the young who voted to remain.

2. More elderly people voted than young.

3. The education level of people who voted leave were lower than those who voted to remain.

Be interesting to know what the pegging order of income scales were as well but don't have those numbers.

It would not be unreasonable to conclude, well educated peeps, with high income and quality of lives were happy with the status quo and voted to remaain.

Those less well educated and lower on income scales and reward distribution who are unhappy with their lives voted to leave. This makes logical sense as if events are pear shape changing things around can't make things worse? Can it?

One can become indignant and self indulgentantly obtuse as one likes referring to outliers to disprove the status quo but statistics and numbers are there for each one of us to draw our own take on it all.

Each to their own. Knock your selves out. Doesn't change facts. Beliefs are a bunch of b0ll0x. Look at 3000 year old religions and how people blindly follow them.

In another 3000 years people will be talking same bull but less of it imo. (y)

Frankly speaking, imo that fella is a plank that's been sandpapered, bruced up nice and smooth but core is still a plank. (y)

Have you ever been a stand-up comedian :LOL::LOL::cheesy:

No it won't. Not with the ECB to bail them out.

What will hit you is Moggies lies about lower prices, higher wages and cheaper houses which is a lot of b0ll0x.

It should be clear to peeps with any reasonable rational that the prospect of a deal strengthens the pound and rise in the possibility of a hard brexit causes the pound to fall.

If no deal / hard brexit does materialise then fall in the pound to 1.20 v USD can be pencilled in. Perhaps even lower.

That's when inflationary pressures for fuel, oil and food stuff really will kick in.

To stave off inflation rates will rise along with unemployment and wages falling or remaining stagnant.

So yes house prices will come off the boil and if repossessions restart because peeps have over extended than house prices can well start falling. Foreign investments will be looking to sell up and leave UK

High mortgage payments will further depress disposable income and demand.

So you can see how this scenario will play out. You don't have to be Einstein to work it out.

However, it doesn't help, if one is a numpty and follows Moggy the B****ter because he talks with a twangy silver spooned ar5e coz one is unable to think for him self. :)

So much here to work with and all of it is bollox. Fek me, where do we start :LOL:

Back later.

That's the problem with beliefs...

When what you hear and see doesn't match interpretation of beliefs in ones simple mind, the brain goes into a virtual flux.

Some Brexit beliefs are well and trully fluxed up :cheesy:

Well,well, the high court has ruled that the leave campaign didn’t break the law after all and that the electoral commission is not fit for purpose...That’s not going to sit well with remainders wanting another vote based on cheating. :clap:

Well,well, the high court has ruled that the leave campaign didn’t break the law after all and that the electoral commission is not fit for purpose...That’s not going to sit well with remainders wanting another vote based on cheating. :clap:

Not with this remainer. It all smacked of trying to get off because the police forgot to caution you even though the evidence is a slam dunk.