Brexit and the Consequences

I don't understand why it's a problem that the EU places rules on products that are imported into there.
We could export right hand drive cars there, but would they sell?
Don't we demand that products from abroad don't contain lead and other toxins? Aren't these rules?
Don't we demand that foreign imports don't contain asbestos? Etc.
We can ignore manufacturing toasters that use Euro plugs, but will Euro stores care to stock them?
We are always subject to the nuances of the markets we hope to sell into.

I don't understand why it's a problem that the EU places rules on products that are imported into there.
Don't we demand that products from abroad don't contain lead and other toxins? Aren't these rules?
We can ignore manufacturing toasters that use Euro plugs, but will Euro stores care to stock them?

Who's saying it's a problem?

Who's saying it's a problem?

Brexiteers!

You want free market access without rules and regulations, most of which UK put in to EU books.

Trump says a deal will not be possible because US standards are below UK and EU ones.

Moreover, US corporations want full access and freedom to sue the pants of any customers, dealers or suppliers or even Governments who question their standards.

Brexiteers want Parliamentary independence yet happy to concede to US corporations to sue our government.

If you think that's a joke or alternative reality - trying catching up on BBC1 Andrew Marr show apparently Trump suggested or advised TM sue EU :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Someone should tell him we have rules & regulations and no cowboy rules apply here. Can you imagine that guy with a Marshal badge. :devilish::devilish::devilish:

Actually UK plugs work over there if you only hit them hard enough.

And when I take my car over to France, I'm starting a new trend - I always drive on the left and do you know what? - all those French drivers that thought it was a good idea to drive towards me on their right suddenly realise the UK's got it right and they suddenly all go off to the left too, with many a cheery wave and a friendly toot. Happy days.

The UK has always been a trading nation.
Not a military nation that Mrs Poodle wastes tax money on submarines etc.
Or an industrial nation to rival China and Germany.
Only reluctantly did the UK Govt. bail out the bankrupt East India company etc.

The UK has been all of these.

What's the point concerning the East India Co.?

We now have a strong and stable common rule book, friction-less, harmonised trade :clap:

NOTE: if you're not interested in defence matters you're probably wasting your time reading below!

Wasn't it military might (e.g. most powerful navy in the world at one time – what a joke now!) that enabled/maintained UK as an international trading nation? Why does the USA keep large forces? Why is China expanding theirs? And even broke-Putin has got all his old Cold War stuff out of storage. And wasn't the East India Company a proxy enabler of foreign policy?

If you look at the cost of submarines over a lifetime it's actually good value for money. And what you never hear about is what they have deterred. You can argue the rights and wrongs of the Falklands war for instance, but just remember that once a submarine dealt with the Belgrano, the Argentinian navy went back to port and stayed there for the duration. Just one sub achieved that.

Of course, aircraft-less aircraft carriers are pretty useless and even when equipped with inferior aircraft they are still below par; and without the supporting ships (and you need quite a few – you can't operate an aircraft carrier on its own) you are in a very risky position. It would appear that recent governments have been masters at running down our defences while persuading Joe Public that all is well.

We now have a strong and stable common rule book, friction-less, harmonised trade :clap:

I must be missing something here :LOL:

Remainers have convinced themselves that Mays fudge of a plan will be accepted by,

1) The British voting public
2) MP's across all parties
3) The EU

Nobody supports this plan and no amount of amendments will ever make it acceptable to any of the above groups.

We leave at the end of March and it's almost certain that there will be no deal, which is the outcome I stated right from the start.

So what are you all so cheery about?

Another MP resigned today over the plan, Robert Courts.

I think TM has even convinced herself that it will be accepted..:LOL:

I must be missing something here :LOL:

Remainers have convinced themselves that Mays fudge of a plan will be accepted by,

1) The British voting public
2) MP's across all parties
3) The EU

Nobody supports this plan and no amount of amendments will ever make it acceptable to any of the above groups.

We leave at the end of March and it's almost certain that there will be no deal, which is the outcome I stated right from the start.

So what are you all so cheery about?

Wakey wakey :)

Assurances were given that there will be vote in the house on the final deal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41975277

Now we all know that maths is not your strong point.

Have you done the numbers?
Can you tell us how this proposal gets past parliament?

That is just the first hurdle btw :LOL:

You make me laff Att, you really do :LOL:

I like making people happy. :)

It is a gift I have been blessed with. :innocent:

Enjoy, whilst it lasts ;)

Still looks like the EU still wants a wall between North and South.
They are welcome to build one on their side of the border.
The builders of the Berlin Wall may still be alive if they want any help.

:LOL: