Brexit and the Consequences

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/sell-the-may-and-walk-away/

Perhaps a bit of old-fashioned trading folklore is what is needed?

Thatcher much like Brexit divided the country. (n)

What is it with all this pining about the very things that wreck the country.

Just look at our privatised institutions; railways, telecommunications (BT), Carillion - so called private public initiatives. No manufacturing and now finance in taters. RSB and TSB and NatWest all in shambolic ruin trying to upgrade legacy systems.

Pension fund deficits, NHS in ruin, police in decline along with teaching profession. Universities not fit for purpose run much like a capitalistic enterprise ripping off students charging high fees for few hours lectures.

You think Thatcher made a difference???

More like made the bed for the sick patient get warmed up for death imo.

Council tax going to same way. Businesses closing due to ridiculous rates. Sold off council homes and now public sector servants can't exist without food aid.

Privatised profits and pubic debt is what we have.

No worries, Europe is sinking and we'll all be better having left. Fat of difference that's going to make us.

Can anyone state any positives other than us selling weapons to the Sauidies to bomb the Yemeneese?

At least it's bright and sunny outside even if not a heatwave. :cheesy:

Nothing to do with 10 years of Tony Blair then?

You kidding!

Blair was all about carrying on with her policies which was deemed to be a swinging success and all about making the 9/11 false case of war on Iraq.

Here we are today.

Read somewhere rail tariffs are not comprehensible as there are about 5m of them.

Same with all privatised monopolised ex-national industries.

Top it off - privatised monopolies eg Southern Rail receiving state subsidies paying divis and mega bonus pay outs.

Whilst we have all these issues public and government worried about shape of cucumbers and leaving EU so we can have our own way with striking mega free trade deals all over the world.

Gotta laff!

I'm up for all that now as well. No bovver to me (y)

We're all :cool:

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/sell-the-may-and-walk-away/

Perhaps a bit of old-fashioned trading folklore is what is needed?

This just shows how inept the Tories were/are, no clear vision, caught off guard, no one available to be a ‘leader’ at one of the most crucial times in our history as a nation. An absolute balls up that is getting worse now that the Lords are involved, bungling idiots, a fricking kindergarten could have played the EU better than any of the shambles that purport to be leading this country. They are so stupid to believe that the latest local elections were a vote to endorse their position, similar to the last general election, no, it was a vote to stop a Marxist bunch of tosses taking power, we really are doomed at the moment.

The EU has a lot to answer for [emoji854]

You only have to look at the state of the leaders of the EU to see how easy it would have been to extricate ourselves from them, the negotiations would have practically run themselves had the Tories ‘manned-up’.

This just shows how inept the Tories were/are, no clear vision, caught off guard, no one available to be a ‘leader’ at one of the most crucial times in our history as a nation. An absolute balls up that is getting worse now that the Lords are involved, bungling idiots, a fricking kindergarten could have played the EU better than any of the shambles that purport to be leading this country. They are so stupid to believe that the latest local elections were a vote to endorse their position, similar to the last general election, no, it was a vote to stop a Marxist bunch of tosses taking power, we really are doomed at the moment.

The EU has a lot to answer for [emoji854]

You only have to look at the state of the leaders of the EU to see how easy it would have been to extricate ourselves from them, the negotiations would have practically run themselves had the Tories ‘manned-up’.

:D I'm really beginning to believe that you are blaming the EU for this! It was Brexiters' argument that they could run things better than Brussels. In fact, I got the impression that they could not do it worse.

As Reagan saisd, "You ain't seen nuttin', yet!"

:D I'm really beginning to believe that you are blaming the EU for this! It was Brexiters' argument that they could run things better than Brussels. In fact, I got the impression that they could not do it worse.

Brexiters haven't been given a look in, the Tories should have put a leaver as PM right from the start, it is the remainers that have been running the show which is why its become a mess. No-balls May is just a dithering, bungling, fool of a leader.

As Reagan saisd, "You ain't seen nuttin', yet!"

Getting the vote 'out' was the main thing, at least we got that right, it's the ensuing debacle that is mildly annoying :D

I blame the EU for going political in the first place, but equal blame lies with UKGov signing up to it.

We are where we are, my popcorn hasn't run out yet watching the idiots at the top, I'm just whittling a second extra wide broom, getting ready to sweep the house of Lords into the street along with the current crop of self-serving career MPs, we really do need some fresh brains working for us, brains with real-life experience. And no, I don't mean post-grad intern 'advisors' writing political theory that MPs adopt into reality.

Yes, the HoL needs reforming but be careful what you wish for. I think that a second chamber is essential. HoL is feudalism and Old Boys Club. That is the fault of the political parties in power. That is part of the problem with Brussels. The national governments have not taken it seriously enough, which is incredible because it wields a big stick. The UK and Spain have sent some real pricks to Brussels, so you can bet that the other members have got rid of some of theirs, too.

Unless the Tories get rid of May, and soon, we are well on track to effectively remaining in the EU with none of the minimal advantages that we used to have! This woman has an amazing ability to hang on while achieving nothing and to con people with opposing views that she will give them all what they want. They say that you can't fool all of the people all of the time but she's not doing badly so far.

At the risk of winding up Attila once again, until we get someone like Thatcher (and I mean her character) we not going to get anywhere with a woman who was/is a Remainer and whose only interest is staying on as Head Girl.

we not going to get anywhere with a woman who was/is a Remainer and whose only interest is staying on as Head Girl.

I think that that is fair assessment of her.

As well the Irish issue. My niece has an Irish husband, with whom I am quite friendly. and we could see this coming before Brexit happened. It's the most problematic aspect of Brexit and no one seemed to mention it, then.Eire and UK have , always, had a non-passport, come and go routine. Growing up, I can't remember not having Irish folk as friends and neighbours. When I was at sea, we always had a number of them as crew members, from Master to deckboy. What's going to happen?

Last edited:
I think that that is fair assessment of her.

As well the Irish issue. My niece has an Irish husband, with whom I am quite friendly. and we could see this coming before Brexit happened. It's the most problematic aspect of Brexit and no one seemed to mention it, then.Eire and UK have , always, had a non-passport, come and go routine. Growing up, I can't remember not having Irish folk as friends and neighbours. When I was at sea, we always had a number of them as crew members, from Master to deckboy. What's going to happen?

The unfortunate thing is that the Irish border issue is being used by the EU as a spoiler tactic. It doesn't have to be like that and as we all know, illicit "free movement of goods and people" between the Republic and Northern Ireland has been going on for years. It's time to call the EU's bluff but May's government doesn't have a watch that works.

Unless the Tories get rid of May, and soon, we are well on track to effectively remaining in the EU with none of the minimal advantages that we used to have! This woman has an amazing ability to hang on while achieving nothing and to con people with opposing views that she will give them all what they want. They say that you can't fool all of the people all of the time but she's not doing badly so far.

At the risk of winding up Attila once again, until we get someone like Thatcher (and I mean her character) we not going to get anywhere with a woman who was/is a Remainer and whose only interest is staying on as Head Girl.

SuperMini, I don't think you are winding me up not at all, however, you are misled about Mrs T.

Good point about TM is precisely that she has chosen a balanced cabinet because the referendum was 48/52 and thus as the saying goes 2 heads always better than one.

Mrs T really never listened to anyone but the self serving and self interested yanks and towards the latter part of her life never liked anyone standing up to her contrary to much virtuous tosh attributed to her.

She was effectively one of the foundations of the Eurosceptics and has a hand in much of what is going on now as well. She was a back seat driver and made John Major's premiership a most uncomfortable one.

Having decimated manufacturing, laid the foundations for the demise of the finance industry, we will now see the last fortitude of UK removed by brexiting the EU. Not easy being great on ones own. Time will tell. Thatchers chicks will come home to roost or not we shall see. Thus far signs are not good.

I can tell you in this scenario she would have been over to the US of A and asked Trump what we should do. You only have to look at her track record to realise this.

(y)

Ha ha, Ill send the mrs the link, 15oz one for my birthday :clap:

My Mate has just bought a printer that can print cups, anyone fancy a T2W personal mug with your username on ?? :LOL:

How about something like this. More suitable eh?

Attachments

• JRM4PM.gif
    JRM4PM.gif
    95.3 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Ha ha, Ill send the mrs the link, 15oz one for my birthday :clap:

My Mate has just bought a printer that can print cups, anyone fancy a T2W personal mug with your username on ?? :LOL:

Are you allowed to export them to Australia.

Or do you need permission from the EU first.