Brexit and the Consequences

This headline made me laugh out loud. It really did. I was in stitches. My sides hurt. Tears in my eyes. Hilarious stuff. HUGEly hillarious. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Why Is Rees-Mogg Being So Reasonable on Brexit Deal? Simple Math

Maths not your strong point is it CV and SC... Or statistics.

Touch of X-files about it hasn't it. You are not alone. You and moggy two peas in a pod. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Enjoy ;)

Don't you worry about me and the Moggfather (y) We are quite happy playing the long game:)

You should be more concerned about the collapse of the EU, which will make Brexit look like the warm up act on the scale of EU events.

Already we have presented evidence of the start of the disintegration of the EU. A bit of a crack here and there. Defiance from the eastern block. A move to the right across central Europe as evidenced in all recent elections including France. Macron may have the presidency, but he certainly doesn't have wide support.

Germany is now crapping itself on at least 3 fronts. Moderates have cobbled together a govt of sorts. We haven't seen the end of the immigration backlash, but the biggest concern will be how the US decides to proceed against the protectionist EU club. Mr Trump is in no mood for any more excuses from the EU. The gloves are coming off and the EU will lose. Germany will be the biggest loser.

It's about time you started dealing with the realities comrade Att. :LOL:

Don't you worry about me and the Moggfather (y) We are quite happy playing the long game:)

You should be more concerned about the collapse of the EU, which will make Brexit look like the warm up act on the scale of EU events.

Already we have presented evidence of the start of the disintegration of the EU. A bit of a crack here and there. Defiance from the eastern block. A move to the right across central Europe as evidenced in all recent elections including France. Macron may have the presidency, but he certainly doesn't have wide support.

Germany is now crapping itself on at least 3 fronts. Moderates have cobbled together a govt of sorts. We haven't seen the end of the immigration backlash, but the biggest concern will be how the US decides to proceed against the protectionist EU club. Mr Trump is in no mood for any more excuses from the EU. The gloves are coming off and the EU will lose. Germany will be the biggest loser.

All a bit fanciful, cv. A bit of sabre rattling from Putin will quieten the eastern block and as economies pick up so the general disquiet will ease and the far right fade into the distance. I think I’d put more money on us trying to get back in rather than on the EU disintegrating. Alas, I’m pretty certain not to be around to find out :LOL:.

There is a simple measure you can use dear CV.

It is one you have allured to in the past.

Look at where respective currencies are at???

Didn't Pat hoist a thread up titled End of the Euro or something and look where we are now compared to before and after the referendum.

Markets have the final say. Rest are just opinions. Some times sticky and smelly opinions... nudge nudge wink wink you know what I mean ;)

I hope not one of the public servants involved in this, does make you wonder what the hell is going on?

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/03/britains-flawed-definition-of-extremism-is-storing-up-trouble/

Good article. Sums up perfectly how we bend over backwards to accommodate every minority interest, to the point where even the rule of law does not apply equally, whilst neglecting our own silent majority on every level.

Take the issue of religious tolerance. The UK is famed for promoting tolerance and harmony, which is a laudable ambition. The problem however is that minority interests suddenly find themselves empowered to take the absolute **** because all the apologists come out to defend their oppressed minority rights at the expense of the silent majority.

Brexit is a tipping point, so is Trump and so are all the other unexpected political events.

When I use the word "unexpected" I am of course taking the **** :LOL: These events were only unexpected amongst all those who were uninformed or asleep at the wheel. For any sane rational person, none of these events were a surprise or a shock.

I'm not a massive fan of people like Tommy Robinson, especially his earlier work, but he is clearly very highly intelligent and well informed. He has a number of videos on youtube where he addresses Uni grads on what it was like growing up in his home town of Luton. It's understandable how people like Tommy are created when you look at the constant and continual injustice that they have been subjected to all through their formative years.

The liberal elites have created this mess in the UK and are entirely at fault here by failing to uphold values that the silent majority hold dear.

All a bit fanciful, cv. A bit of sabre rattling from Putin will quieten the eastern block and as economies pick up so the general disquiet will ease and the far right fade into the distance. I think I’d put more money on us trying to get back in rather than on the EU disintegrating. Alas, I’m pretty certain not to be around to find out :LOL:.

Nothing fanciful about it Jon. You and I both know that the British public are never going to rejoin the discredited, disintegrating EU.

The momentum inside the EU is one of an ever widening gulf between member countries, their citizens and the EU organisation itself. For the EU to continue along this federal political path is pure folly. If they can't carry the people with them, then they are doomed to failure. At best, they will bumble along with an ever increasing number of dissenters creating trouble at every opportunity and at worst, the whole thing erupts, following I suspect some sort of financial crisis where the money people lose confidence.

Anyway, there is no good outcome for Europe and the EU and it is all the fault of the political elites once again.

On the housing crisis.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2018/03/why-mass-immigration-explains-the-housing-crisis/

Obvious isn't it and by extension, the same problem across pubic services. Too many people (just the ones that we know about) let alone all those who operate under the radar.

Taking back control is the message that ordinary Brits are sending to Govt. GET A GRIP!

What the authorities don't appear to realise that when justice is not applied equally it becomes a vote loser, I've said it before, if it continues there will be vast swathes of people that will be unable to vote for the Con/Lab/Lib at the next elections, they will gravitate to other parties that promise change. It may not even take a few years, you could even see the cracks appearing in forthcoming elections. Here's another example of how we are sinking more towards a totalitarian state:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-43478925

What the authorities don't appear to realise that when justice is not applied equally it becomes a vote loser, I've said it before, if it continues there will be vast swathes of people that will be unable to vote for the Con/Lab/Lib at the next elections, they will gravitate to other parties that promise change. It may not even take a few years, you could even see the cracks appearing in forthcoming elections. Here's another example of how we are sinking more towards a totalitarian state:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-43478925

The trouble with that, signal, is that most elections are lost rather than won as the floating voters vote to get the sitting government out. To do this you need to vote for the next biggest party and that’s why why you got the dramatic shifts from right to left and vice versa in the fifties and sixties. God forbid that happening again, but it looks on the cards with Corbo and crew having dragged his party left and the vociferous right in the Tories making their presence felt.

The trouble with that, signal, is that most elections are lost rather than won as the floating voters vote to get the sitting government out. To do this you need to vote for the next biggest party and that’s why why you got the dramatic shifts from right to left and vice versa in the fifties and sixties. God forbid that happening again, but it looks on the cards with Corbo and crew having dragged his party left and the vociferous right in the Tories making their presence felt.

I don't disagree with you, what's needed is a concerted effort by the fledgling parties to field candidates in their respective constituencies, all of which takes cash and boots on the ground. Until that happens then those voters who have lost confidence in the main parties have the usual 3 choices (don't vote, spoil ballot paper, vote against the party they don't want in power whilst holding one's nose) and so we end up with 2 party politics.

I don't disagree with you, what's needed is a concerted effort by the fledgling parties to field candidates in their respective constituencies, all of which takes cash and boots on the ground. Until that happens then those voters who have lost confidence in the main parties have the usual 3 choices (don't vote, spoil ballot paper, vote against the party they don't want in power whilst holding one's nose) and so we end up with 2 party politics.

Aye, the Libs had begun to make inroads but have paid the price for joining the Tories in coalition. Shame, really, since they actually didn’t do so badly smoothing a lot of the rougher edges of Tory policy. Whether they can come back? They are the only ones outside the main two that have a decent background organisation.

Aye, the Libs had begun to make inroads but have paid the price for joining the Tories in coalition. Shame, really, since they actually didn’t do so badly smoothing a lot of the rougher edges of Tory policy. Whether they can come back? They are the only ones outside the main two that have a decent background organisation.

I'm not sure I would class the Liberals, now the LibDems as a fledgling party, they've have had way over a century to give it a go :LOL:

No, an alternative from the 3 usual parties is needed.

I'm not sure I would class the Liberals, now the LibDems as a fledgling party, they've have had way over a century to give it a go :LOL:

No, an alternative from the 3 usual parties is needed.

Mmmm. Not sure where it’d come from, though. Maybe the Labour moderates might break away (again :)) and as sitting MPs they might have half a chance.

Mmmm. Not sure where it’d come from, though. Maybe the Labour moderates might break away (again :)) and as sitting MPs they might have half a chance.

We will have to wait and see if any challenger party emerges from the 340 currently registered political parties in the UK.

As for a Labour 'rebel' group, would they be mainly Labour Brexiteers? There must be so few of them and their numbers will be ever dwindling as the Corbynistas don't want them and will take opportunities to replace them over time.

And then you have to take into account the fact that the old Labour 'moderates', under Blair, are historically responsible for many of the social problems we are now facing, already history does not look kindly upon that crowd.

Why wd UK produce passports. Far to low tech. It isn't to do with service or finance industry either.

French .can do it cheaper using Polish and Bulgarian migrant Labour. Algerian or African even.

Who is awarding this contract is the question to ask. We need to find out where they live go around there house and boil all their shoes bags and wallets.

Good article. Sums up perfectly how we bend over backwards to accommodate every minority interest, to the point where even the rule of law does not apply equally, whilst neglecting our own silent majority on every level.

Take the issue of religious tolerance. The UK is famed for promoting tolerance and harmony, which is a laudable ambition. The problem however is that minority interests suddenly find themselves empowered to take the absolute **** because all the apologists come out to defend their oppressed minority rights at the expense of the silent majority.

Brexit is a tipping point, so is Trump and so are all the other unexpected political events.

When I use the word "unexpected" I am of course taking the **** :LOL: These events were only unexpected amongst all those who were uninformed or asleep at the wheel. For any sane rational person, none of these events were a surprise or a shock.

I'm not a massive fan of people like Tommy Robinson, especially his earlier work, but he is clearly very highly intelligent and well informed. He has a number of videos on youtube where he addresses Uni grads on what it was like growing up in his home town of Luton. It's understandable how people like Tommy are created when you look at the constant and continual injustice that they have been subjected to all through their formative years.

The liberal elites have created this mess in the UK and are entirely at fault here by failing to uphold values that the silent majority hold dear.

v.poor article. country has nuff probs without these morons joining the list.

stupid racists. must be hunted down and exterminated like vermin.(n)